POLITICS - Bye Bye Charlie Gibson / ABC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Re: POLITICS - Bye Bye Charlie Gibson / ABC

Post by L8agin »

FW wrote:
and so far, the candidates being offered are wrong.

Both sides all wrong?? anything new sounding better?? perfection or nothing?? Nothing there to inspire?? If I prefer non of the above will I-We-my family be better?? So will we go without a new pres?? hell no--yer gonna get one.
So rather get and keep the ground you can today- regroup and attack again tomorrow
L8
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

L8agin wrote:FW wrote:
and so far, the candidates being offered are wrong.

Both sides all wrong?? anything new sounding better?? perfection or nothing?? Nothing there to inspire?? If I prefer non of the above will I-We-my family be better?? So will we go without a new pres?? hell no--yer gonna get one.
So rather get and keep the ground you can today- regroup and attack again tomorrow
L8
Concerning guns, this aint bad, promoteing RKBA, NOT "holding ground" : http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php

Gun Control
The 2nd Amendment strictly limits any interference with gun ownership by saying: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
The right to bear arms is inherent in the right of self defense, defense of the family, and defense against tyranny, conferred on the individual and the community by our Creator to safeguard life, liberty, and property, as well as to help preserve the independence of the nation.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution; it may not properly be infringed upon or denied.

The Constitution Party upholds the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. We oppose attempts to prohibit ownership of guns by law-abiding citizens, and stand against all laws which would require the registration of guns or ammunition.

We emphasize that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. In such circumstances, the peaceful citizen's protection against the criminal would be seriously jeopardized.

We call for the repeal of all federal firearms legislation, beginning with Federal Firearms Act of 1968.

We call for the rescinding of all executive orders, the prohibition of any future executive orders, and the prohibition of treaty ratification which would in any way limit the right to keep and bear arms.

And a heck of alot better than placing responsibility on an inanimate object: "Stiffer Penalties for Criminals Who Use a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime" http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Iss ... 7d2fbd.htm

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

FW,

Sir. I have no "party loyalty" I am a Democrat simply because our entire county is, and I want a say in local elections. I am a born again Christian. I believe the Lord is coming soon. I believe our government will usher in the end days. I believe the Liberal Democratic Machine will be the mechanism for this. Had it not been for God's inspiration, our Founding Fathers may not have even thought of a Bill of Rights. Is there any other "Democracy" in the world that does? In Canada it is illegal to preach against Homosexuality even though it is in the Word of God. (I personally do no hate any homosexual but pray for them.) Forget Freedom of Speech they do not even enjoy Freedom of Religion. I say Palin is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise corrupt system. Maybe it won't last. Maybe she will become corrupt. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Obama has 30 lawyers in Alaska looking for dirt on her, spending who knows how much. Any one who has not come out dirty with THAT kind of scrutiny yet has something right about them.

Why a woman? Maybe it is God's will, and a slap in the face to us men that God will raise up a woman. This is all conjecture at this point and I am not a prophet, but just look at the reponse by the Liberal Machine to her announcement. Any one that stirs up that hornets nest like this must be someone worth looking into.

If you are not a Liberal Mole so be it. Maybe you ARE disgusted with the status quo. I say make a diference now. God's will was for this great country to rise up in a world where persecution was common place. Christians and Jews were rutinely murdered before this country was raised up by God. What other nation in the world has such Liberty? Not even our local muslims believe like the fanatics over seas. Why? because they too know that this is the Land of the Free and we ARE One Nation under God. When it falls, I believe the last hope of the world fall with it. We need to all stand as MEN and be counted. Sarah Palin may not be perfect but who is? I believe God is not through with this great nation. Evil is spreading almost unabaited throughout the world. The only thing that stands against this is America! What other country is sending missionaries to the lost of the world. Where does the world look for help? They hate is because of envy but they still know that ours is the greatest nation on earth. I thank God I was born here and am alive in these last days. Obama may win. If that is the case my personal belief is that the end is very near. If McCain wins the world has a reprieve for as long as we can keep and hopefully get more righteous men (and women) into Office. What did Ronald Reagan say? It is our duty to bring this Liberty to the World and how can we do less? God help us if Obama wins. But if he does it wont be for lack of ME trying or spreading the word. Brothers, we MUST stand now! Not stay home or vote for some Independant or Third Party. You KNOW what the results will be. What is the old saying? "Evil prevails when good men do nothing" God save us from a generation of "do-nothing" men!
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

FWiedner wrote:It's sad to see people so blinded by party loyalty that they cannot objectively scrutinze the qualifications of a candidate for high office.
Quite the contrary. Neither McCain or Palin in necessarily loved by the Party...particularly the party elite that populate the District of stuff, Communism, Corruption and Collusion. Palin is loved by her state, which is a distinct and nice change of pace for a Retardican. McCain still has his issues, but hope against hope he will see the light.

On the other hand you have the Turdorama hosted and foisted by the Demonturds. Clearly, this chump is beyond repair and hope. His selection of Blow Blieden as his #2 ensures that the DCCC crowd remains in control for the next 4 years.

Its truly sad to see people that are so loyal to the idea of cutting their nose off to spite their face that they can't objectively scrutinize the qualifications of a candidate for high office.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

El Mac wrote: Quite the contrary. Neither McCain or Palin in necessarily loved by the Party...particularly the party elite that populate the District of stuff, Communism, Corruption and Collusion. Palin is loved by her state, which is a distinct and nice change of pace for a Retardican. McCain still has his issues, but hope against hope he will see the light.

McCain is at the head of the ticket. He'll be the new "decider" if he's elected.

Nothing Palin does or believes in makes a lick of a difference. She'll be the "1st Gopher".

What was it a former Vice President said about the authority of the office? It isn't worth "a warm bucket of spit.

If Palin makes it to 2012, she'll have a butt-load of Beltway experience under her belt, and if she's not a national joke by then (ala Dan Quayle), she might be worth a serious study.

Until then, she just doesn't matter.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Hegh--definitly all a lost cause not a chance in hell for the US of A. Only one guy qulified to save us couldn't communicate that with enough to be a facter, probably never will. Throw a little fit an urg every one else to ignore there constitunal responsability. Get a 12 pack an watch election results so you can bitch about the results.
L8
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Let me unfortunately point out to you Libertarians and Constitution Party guys a bit of reality.

Aside from some fatal flaws I'm not here to discuss, let me ask you to consider that until 10% of Congress is your party, just shut the he!! up about President.

Mkay?
stinson
Levergunner

Post by stinson »

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that those who try to advance their arguments by name-calling have already lost them.

Unlike most of the posters here, I've voted for Sarah Palin. Twice. In the primary against the most unpopular governor in Alaska's (and maybe the nation's) history, Frank Murkowski, and in the general election. Even the corrupt Alaska Republican establishment was embarassed by Murkowski, although they didn't exactly exactly embrace Palin's reform message. She was a breathe of fresh air. Was.

I think that she's been a pretty good governor, although she's had some missteps - particularly over the trooper issue. But what I'm seeing now is not the person for whom I voted a couple of years ago (for a four-year term, by the way; she never campaigned on the theme "Elect me and I'll serve as your governor until something better comes along." Yeah, I know that she has a lot of company here, including Biden, McCain, and Obama, but that doesn't make it right to desert your constituents in the middle of a term.)

The junkyard dog act that Sarah Palin has adopted is totally alien to the way that she has campaigned for, and behaved, as governor. She refused to take the low road and stuck to discussing the issues. She talked about openess and transparency, and that's what got her elected and endeared her to Alaskans. Until recently, she seemed to govern that way, as well. That apparently is in the past, as she is openly willing to lie, and lie repeatedly, to get what she wants. You all know about the "Bridge to Nowhere" (actually there were two, but that's another story), and likely have heard Governor Palin repeatedly state that she told Congress that they could keep their "Bridge to Nowhere".

Never Happened. Repeat, Never Happened. She supported, explicitly, the Ketchikan bridge when she was running for governor and early in her term. She went to Ketchikan during her campaign and told the residents that. Ask Ketchikan's mayor and the people of the community. At the same time, Congress, smarting from all of the bad press about this, removed the earmark designation. But they allowed Alaska to keep all the money for the bridges, with no specific strings. When it became apparent that the cost estimates for the Ketchikan bridge were escalating beyond reason, and that the feds weren't going to kick in anymore funding, she pulled the plug. She told us Alaskans, not Congress, that the bridge would not be built, and she certainly did not offer to send the $223 million in taxpayer dollars back to Washington. I think that the majority of her constituents understood, and maybe even applauded her decision. The money would go to other, more reasonable road projects around the state.

She has never, until the last couple of weeks, been a foe of federal earmarks, either as Mayor of Wasilla or Governor of Alaska. To the contrary, she aggressively sought earmarks while in both positions, as any astute politician would. To her credit, she has told Alaskans that we would have to rely on less federal earmark money, much to the annoyance of our congressional delegation.

She doesn't have to lie about all of this. She could confirm the facts about her stances as governor and say that she has a different perspective now that she is in a national race. Or she could disagree with McCain, as she does on some other issues. I think that people would appreciate that sort of candor. She could take the high road and distinguish herself from the other candidates, although that probably wouldn't sit well with the McCain handlers. But she's taking the "I'll do whatever it takes to win" road instead. A very discouraging transformation. Her lack of experience bothers me a lot less than the prevarications. I guess that if we refuse to elect people of character - and they're out there - we get what we deserve.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There are two choices here and one of them is headed in. Pick which one you think will serve the reality of our situation better. All this railing against whatever you think is wrong with the system or the candidates is worthless to the actual outcome and whatever that brings. Someone is going to take over; which one do you want or are you just going sit it out and not count at all. :?: The rest is useless blather.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

If you think she did well as you saw it, then you should search out and read the transcripts BEFORE ABC "edited" the interview tapes!! They cut stuff to make her look/sound bad.... reading the WHOLE of her answers makes a whale of a difference, for the better!! Looks like we're in for a whole slew of she did/she didn't mudslinging stuff..... while we're to believe "his holiness" Obama Christ is right no matter what!! Excuse me while I puke!!! She has more expereince than Obama has hands down. I'd trust McCain over Biden any day..... and as to the Claims of "4 more years of Bush"..... uh, you guys in D.C. .....hasn't the DEMOCRATS had a MAJORITY in both chambers....a PRESDENTIAL VETO OVERRIDING MAJORITY?????? Then why haven't YOU guys fixed the nation??? You have had the power to do so for 2 years now!!! BUSH'S fault??? OR the DEMS for being lazy, do nothing SLACKERS for 2 years!!!! Doesn't this mean you SUPPORTED Bush, since you didn't OPPOSE him??? Doesn't this mean Obama/Biden would give us FOUR more years of the same??? Hmmmmm
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hankster wrote:..... and as to the Claims of "4 more years of Bush"..... uh, you guys in D.C. .....hasn't the DEMOCRATS had a MAJORITY in both chambers....a PRESDENTIAL VETO OVERRIDING MAJORITY?????? Then why haven't YOU guys fixed the nation??? You have had the power to do so for 2 years now!!! BUSH'S fault??? OR the DEMS for being lazy, do nothing SLACKERS for 2 years!!!! ...
Right on. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. I don't think the Dems were lazy, that's unfair. No... but greedy for re-election and self-serving above the interests of the nation and the national security, yes!
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

FWiedner wrote: Until then, she just doesn't matter.
This is political naivity at its finest. She matters greatly if she gets McCain elected. DC operates on payback. Learn it, live it, love it or not, accept it.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

stinson wrote:She doesn't have to lie about all of this. She could confirm the facts about her stances as governor and say that she has a different perspective now that she is in a national race. Or she could disagree with McCain, as she does on some other issues. I think that people would appreciate that sort of candor. She could take the high road and distinguish herself from the other candidates, although that probably wouldn't sit well with the McCain handlers. But she's taking the "I'll do whatever it takes to win" road instead. A very discouraging transformation. Her lack of experience bothers me a lot less than the prevarications. I guess that if we refuse to elect people of character - and they're out there - we get what we deserve.
Well well...welcome to DCCC! You've just been joined with what the lower 48 has had to put up with over the last 50 years or so.

One thing is for sure, Palin win or lose, will now become a citizen of DCCC and she will be changed forever.
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview

Link:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladni ... -interview

Be sure to let ABC know what you think.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3052660
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Even more dishonest than it first seemed. Looks like they sacrificed lyin' @$$ Charlie Gibson for the sake of this.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Even more dishonest than it first seemed. Looks like they sacrificed lyin' @$$ Charlie Gibson for the sake of this.

Left a similar message with them for what it is worth.

Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Sorry I missed, it but from the sound of it I will watch it when I get back to unlimited internet access.
Thanks for some great comments.
It is not the critic who counts