lyman tang sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

lyman tang sight

Post by barbarossa »

Hi
Will new made Lyman tang sight for the 94/ 92 winchester fit a Browning 65.Just picked up the Browning and am planning on using it as an old timey style coyote gun.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: lyman tang sight

Post by Sixgun »

Sure, its the same sight, but.....because the 65 has a pistol grip, make sure you get the longer stock bolt that is made for the pistol grip. Personally, I have had and have many of the old original Lymans and the newer ones. The newer ones are almost junk unless they are reworked a bit. I've had stems come flying off. Spend a few extra bucks and get the Marbles that is also windage adjustable, plus if you specify the sight for the Model 65, they will give you the longer stock bolt that is needed.---------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: lyman tang sight

Post by O.S.O.K. »

You might consider the Marbles tang sight instead... I just got one for my 94 project gun - very nice - but you do have to order the screws separately. The Marbles is windage adjustable - trust me, that's a great feature for a tang sight.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!