thunderstorm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

thunderstorm

Post by mescalero1 »

We had a thunderstorm in Phoenix last night.
Where I am I heard continuous rolling thunder for 1 hour, no breaks; just continuous.
Anybody ever experience that before?
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Re: thunderstorm

Post by Idiot »

Heard the same thing in the east valley. It sounded like a freight train for about an hour. It was a little eerie.
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

While camped in Florida back in 1973 I experienced a thunderstorm where there was continuous lightening for 2 or so hours around midnight.I was in a small tent so I could really see the flashes of lightening and as it was continuous for the duration of the storm there was no darkness! There appeared to be a continual blue -green light and everything was as visible as day !
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep - and we're about half a mile from a coal line, so I had to walk all over the place to convince myself it was thunder, as the storm was about 10 miles away.

Similarly with the lightning a few years back, in another storm; you could literally read a book if you were sitting by the window (power was out), and maybe briefly once every ten seconds the light would dim too much to read, for just half a second. Kept it up for maybe half an hour. Creepy but fascinating.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

For a while I thought it was the wind, but came to the realization it was thunder.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I have lived in the Phoenix area & Arizona almost all my life. Reminds me of the Summer storms of the 50's & 60's.

Several years ago we had two large storm cells collide over the valley, this time it was three.
Sure did a number this time, some winds clocked over 100 MPH. One cell had a ceiling of over 50,000 feet.

Yep; it was quite a show last night. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Pretty common around here. Day upon day of nothing and then, WHAM!!! you'll get pounded for hours. This summer has been really boring though. I love nasty weather and we're gettin' hosed lately!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"