30-30 Sabot and a few others

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
reo
Levergunner 2.0

30-30 Sabot and a few others

Post by reo »

Just found this site if anyone is interested. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the product. I'm already familiar with the Remington load.

http://www.sabotreloadingpro.com/home
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 30-30 Sabot and a few others

Post by gamekeeper »

I wanted to use these for shooting foxes but the UK police would not allow it in case I was tempted to to use full power loads. Go Figure! :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

I've been looking at sabot for years, but no-one has them in .358 caliber!!
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd love to find more sources of sabots for the 'middle' calibers between .30 and .50 - especially ones "designed" for smokeless loads.

MMPSABOTS has some .36 and .45 caliber ones at least... http://mmpsabots.com/

I don't know what ".36 caliber" means but I suspect it would do for the .357'ish guns - they only make them to hold .312-.314 caliber bullets though...

I'd like to be able to spit a .284 hbbt out of my .444 Marlin just for the heck of it. Or a piece of small pea-gravel!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Those have alot of possibilities! A 30 Carbine or Mini-30 into a varmint gun! Hmmmmmmm....... I saw the 300 Weatherby with a velocity of 5300FPS!!! :shock: That would vaporize a prairie dog or similar animal! Even some in 300 Win Mag! Stuff those in a BLR and smoke something like a coyote. I'm sure the result would be impressive.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
reo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by reo »

I am not familiar with the process to make a Sabot or cost of moulds and equipment, but you would think their would be a lot more calibers available. It would add to the versatility of any rifle or pistol, as long as only a little experimenting would be required to get acceptable accuracy. I wouldn't mind experimenting with them in my 45 colt Blackhawk. I will be purchasing them for my 30-30.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've seen guys shoot the factory version at the range before. Everyone I've seen has a target that looks like it was shot with "00 Buck."

I'd put them in the nice thought file.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.