OT - Transfer of Cylinder Alignment Thread

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ejc
Levergunner

OT - Transfer of Cylinder Alignment Thread

Post by ejc »

Since I couldn't reply on Leverguns I thought I would move the thread here.

Thanks for your thoughts Kansas Ed. I realize I am chasing a minor problem and therefore I don't intend to spend a lot of money on correcting the misalignment. I hope that changing the bolt will fix it but also understand that it may not improve the accuracy.

I have another Herters revolver that had a similar problem caused by the base pin being .002 in. undersized. I have corrected that problem and will shoot it this weekend to see if the accuracy improves. Those results will give me an idea of what to expect if I can correct the other revolver.

I'll report back next week.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Send it to a single action guy, you simply need new bolt slots cut in the cylinder. Not terribly difficult, not terribly expensive. I can recommend three:

Bill Oglesby in Springfield, IL, he's listed. Bill is a heck of a gunsmith and done wonderful work on my Colt SAAs. Some folks are put off by him, so;,

Check with Rowdy Yates (his SASS alias) in CA. Cell #714-504-0077. He's kinda an expert on percussion revolvers, but when we discussed a pair of Uberti Patersons for CAS, we talked about doing this as Paterson's have a round bolt annd no ramps into the locking holes in the cylinder.

You might also talk to Nate Kiowa Jones @ Steve's Guns in Port Arthur, TX. Nate is a sponsor of the Leverguns.com regular forum and a heck of a guy the couple of times I've spoken to him.

Feel free to mention me to any of 'em, can't hurt; none of 'em should have any animosity toward me they'd take out on you. :lol: 8)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!