Rossi 92 Gunslinger springer spring kit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MINI SSS
Levergunner

Rossi 92 Gunslinger springer spring kit

Post by MINI SSS »

I just finished slicking up the internals of my new Rossi 92 in .454 Casull. The Gunslinger spring kit for the Rossi 92 (from Brownells) was installed and the rifle reassembled. BTW I decided to retain the original ejector spring. The replacement spring for the trigger is made or wire instead of flat spring steel. The resultant trigger pull weight is so light that it is unsafe. Has anyone had experience with this spring kit? Can the original sheet steel spring be narrowed to lower the trigger pull safely? If I try this I'll use files on the spring so as not to destroy the set of the spring. John
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rossi 92 Gunslinger springer spring kit

Post by Tycer »

Yes on narrowing the factory spring. The ejector spring makes a huge difference on that last portion of bolt close.
Get the DVD. www.stevesgunz.com
It's a must if you own a Rossi.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If it seems unsafe, I'd definitely let the manufacturer and seller know about it pronto. No sense someone having an accident, and no sense a part maker getting sued. If the part is defective, they can ship a proper one, and upgrade their quality control. If it isn't defective, they may want to reconsider their design; maybe different Puma's need different treatment in aftermarket parts since there have been several phases of production.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MINI SSS
Levergunner

Post by MINI SSS »

Thank you gents. I will follow both suggestions. John
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I bought the video and an ejector spring for my Rossi. The factory spring would throw them so far that I could not find them, the new spring dumps them at my feet, it does make a big difference on the bolt closing too.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
MINI SSS
Levergunner

Post by MINI SSS »

I called Lee gunsmithing regarding their Gunslinger spring kit for the Rossi 92. They stated that the trigger pull should come out at about 2-2.5 lbs. If too light for me, the wire legs can be bent down to increase the trigger pull weight.
I followed up the first call with one to Steve Young to order his Video on tuning the Rossi 92 and a couple of other parts. It was a pleasure speaking to him, and I have to recommend him for your model 92 gunsmithing needs. John