OT, Looks like we have a new member of the family- sad

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

OT, Looks like we have a new member of the family- sad

Post by Doc Hudson »

This evening as I walked home from the Post Office, I met a small Boston Terrier roaming around in the streets.

She had no collar and I didn't want her to become road pizza, so I picked her up and brought her home. If we can't find her owner, I guess we will be keeping her. The other dogs don't seem to be terribly glad to have another critter in the house, but they are coming around.

She is very affectionate and playful. She doesn't bounce as well as old Rockie did Paco, but she's still a growing girl. Maybe the bounce will set in as she gets older.

Any name suggestions?

Sad outcome.

Unfortunately, the owner showed up to claim her. Her name is Lacey.

I really regret having to give her up. The man told me that they leave her outside, RUNNING LOOSE during the day, and that she sleeps with his daughter at night.

What really torqued me off is that he told me that he'd just gotten back from a week of vacation and had found the dog missing.

By the memory of John Moses Browning and Samuel Colt, I swear that if I find her in the streets again, she is going to become MY DOG with no attempt to return her.
Last edited by Doc Hudson on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT, Looks like we have a new member of the family

Post by Rusty »

Pugsley
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Extra
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Bogie - another shootist name
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

"Lever" :wink: :D
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

"Daisy"

Bostons are very affectionate doggies.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT, Looks like we have a new member of the family- sad

Post by rjohns94 »

I am so very sorry for the sad outcome. Can't believe they let the dog out with no relief from heat, no fence, no care. That really sucks.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

There are a lot of really stupid folks out there.... depending on the location (city/country) I can see the outdoor thing but not leaving on vacation and not caring for her. The owners are obviously idiots.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Living on the streets by day, picking up who knows what, and then sleeping on his kids bed at night. Sounds to me like the guy doesn't have a clue about looking after his dog or his daughter.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

If you have a dog catcher roaming around, I'd keep an eye out for her at the Pound, alot of them will call you if you tell them you are looking for a certain breed.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Of course you could call the ASPCA
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Some people should not be allowed to own dogs. :evil:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That's too bad. Especially since the little booger had to go back to a questionable environment. I wouldn't be surprised the next time she is neglected, she shows back up at your place.
NRA Life Member
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

TedH wrote:That's too bad. Especially since the little booger had to go back to a questionable environment. I wouldn't be surprised the next time she is neglected, she shows back up at your place.
If I see her on the streets, you can bet the farm she'll be coming back home with me!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I wonder if he treats his daughter the same way.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Doc Hudson wrote:This evening as I walked home from the Post Office, I met a small Boston Terrier roaming around in the streets.

She had no collar and I didn't want her to become road pizza, so I picked her up and brought her home. If we can't find her owner, I guess we will be keeping her. The other dogs don't seem to be terribly glad to have another critter in the house, but they are coming around.

She is very affectionate and playful. She doesn't bounce as well as old Rockie did Paco, but she's still a growing girl. Maybe the bounce will set in as she gets older.

Any name suggestions?

Sad outcome.

Unfortunately, the owner showed up to claim her. Her name is Lacey.

I really regret having to give her up. The man told me that they leave her outside, RUNNING LOOSE during the day, and that she sleeps with his daughter at night.

What really torqued me off is that he told me that he'd just gotten back from a week of vacation and had found the dog missing.

By the memory of John Moses Browning and Samuel Colt, I swear that if I find her in the streets again, she is going to become MY DOG with no attempt to return her.
I'd do the same. To put a dog outside during the day in a fenced yard with water, ok. To leave a dog outside with nothing for a week? What kind of lowlife maroon does that?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Doc, go hang out during the day and get that little fella.....That guy is a bastard.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Problem is that people forget that pet ownership is a responsibility, similar to being a parent.

Sigh... just a symptom of our societal decay... everyone wants rights and freedoms, but very few want the responsibilities that go with both... :x
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Doc Hudson wrote:

Exactly. Sorry to hear that it went that way though.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

I suspect if you show up in that area tomorrow during the day, you might just find another stray Boston Terrier that looks JUST LIKE her!! :D
I think rescuing a dog from a (expletive deleted) like that is the kind and
decent thing to do...
John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If this MORON loses his dog he will probably get another to replace it. So the stupidity goes on and on. I would not normally recommend that anyone should buy a Cat but this MORON would be better suited to owning a Cat than a Dog.

If I had my way folks like that would find it hard to have pets or daughters! :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good thing this dog isn't a prisoner of someone living in farm country; it would unfortunately have gotten shot by now.

In the area I live, an unattended dog is considered a livestock-eater, particularly for those of us with smaller animals (goats, sheep, poultry). You just don't have the ability to go out and get close to or catch every animal to see if it has a collar or tag and what kind of shape it is in. The assumption is if it is running wild, the owner doesn't want it.

Having said that, of course when circumstances permit, we DO try to corral any dogs which at least appear cared for, because we know that even the best cared-for pet can break a leash, dig a fence, or bolt when the baby sitter opens the garage. One time a beautiful old bloodhound showed up and we found out it had gotten out of a cage in the back of a moving truck and managed to survive. For those lucky dogs, we get them home.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "