Williams and Marbles observations.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Williams and Marbles observations.

Post by BenT »

Well I took the family on a camping trip from northern Wisconsin through Michigan ,upper and lower, to Niagara Falls. I stopped at both Williams and Marbles and made some observations.

First Williams outside of Flint, Michigan . There outlet store was across the parking lot from where the sights were made. Their store was a great gunshop . Over 400 used guns on hand , plenty of levers , a great shop. The only problem was they really didn't have a good display area of the goods they manufactured. They had an aisle with peep sights just like any gunshop would ,no front sights. But I was looking for m96 wgrs sight that Peteru44 posted about using on a Henry . When I asked for help finding one the gentleman was helpful looking in his computer saying there should be one on the shelf somewhere. Then I asked for a catalog . He had to look around to find one. I just felt that someone in the business of selling sights would do a better job promoting them in there own store.

Then I stopped outside of Escanaba at the Marbles outlet which was on the main highway five miles from the manufacturing plant. Well needless to say they had no sights at all only knives. They didn't even have a product catalog. Only one for knives. But needless to say the gentleman there sold me on getting a Marbles knife. He had handle configurations that aren't shown in the catalog. I just didn't have $110 for a knive. But they have been making them there for over a hundred years.

So I know people don't go knocking down doors everyday to buy iron sights , but it seems like as a business they could do a better job promoting their products. I wasn't planning on stopping at these places I just seen their signs on the highway and pulled in. So they did advertise.

Or maybe I'm just a iron sight geek . Because I actually got excited to go look at some sights when I seen their road signs. :wink:
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Re: Williams and Marbles observations.

Post by WCF3030 »

Ben T,

Just 6 miles east of Escanaba on 2 is Gladstone(our first camping trip this year) where Marbles was founded and made there products for years. Alot of custom knife shops around that area run by retired Marbles employee's. In june when the Walleye are in I'm a regular up there and can't get enough of those shops or that area.
Also some nice old leverguns for sale.
Glad to hear you had a good time.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Williams and Marbles observations.

Post by Arminius »

In the 80´s and 90´s Marble´s and Williams had really good products, besides the fiber optic sights.

There were guide straps, brass rods, patridge type front sights in any height you might wish, folding and peep rear sights.

Seems they have hardly anything worthwile to ME ( and other´s, too? )

a pity.

H