O/t What If................

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

O/t What If................

Post by Lefty Dude »

Some one organized a Million Man March of Gun owners. And we all showed up in Washington D.C. next July 4, 2009 in support of the Second Ammendment. All brought our long guns, formed Brigade's and marched down Pennsylvania Ave.

Then it would be on to Daley City, do the same. And did the same in San Francisco.

Would'nt this just set the Liberals nuts.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Ysabel Kid

Re: O/t What If................

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm in!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Please review the events of June 17, 1932.

Then you'll know what would happen.

Posse Comitatus does not apply in the District of Clumbia.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

FWiedner wrote:Please review the events of June 17, 1932.

Then you'll know what would happen.

Posse Comitatus does not apply in the District of Clumbia.

You beat me to the punch!

I had visions of unarmed veterans being herded out of Washington at bayonet point, and tanks rolling across their camp on the Anacostia Flats.

If 1 Million men arrived in DC with weapons, the government would declare a state of emergency and would call in not only ground troops, but also artillery and air strikes. It would be a massacre followed by repression such as this country has never seen.

If you want to call for a Million Armed Man March on Washington, you might as well run up the Bonnie Blue Flag and call for open rebellion. You might be surprised to see how many rally around your flag.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

guess who commanded those federal troops in 1932?

douglas macarthur...

my dad was in the cavalry that year, too.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I did not know about June 17, 1932. scary! :shock: here is a short story about it.

On this day in 1932, the Bonus Army, an assemblage of some 17,000 World War I veterans, gathered at the Capitol as the Senate voted on a bill that would have moved up the date when the veterans would have been eligible for a cash bonus.

Under a 1924 law, the bonus would not be paid until 1945. Adjusted to the military records of individual veterans, the award was expected to average $1,000. But as the Great Depression deepened, the House had voted two days earlier, over the objections of the leadership, to advance payment of the funds.

Sen. Joseph Robinson (D-Ark.), the majority leader, backed the bill, which had been championed by Rep. Wright Patman (D-Texas). Patman had enlisted in the Army as a private and rose to become an officer in France. Nevertheless, the Senate overwhelmingly rejected the bill, holding that any remedy should benefit all distressed Americans. On hearing the news, the disappointed marchers dispersed to their makeshift campsites.

A month later, a cavalry force led by Maj. George Patton, under the overall command of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, and Patton’s deputy, Maj. Dwight Eisenhower, torched the Hooverville camps along the Anacostia Flats, killing several marchers and wounding many more. (The Posse Comitatus Act, which bars using the military to enforce the law, did not apply to Washington, because the city was under direct congressional supervision.)

When the marchers returned in 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt sent his wife, Eleanor, to meet with them. She persuaded many marchers to take federal construction jobs building the Overseas Highway through the Florida Keys. In 1935, a Labor Day hurricane killed 258 veterans working on the project. In 1936, Congress voted to pay the deferred bonus to the veterans, acting over FDR’s veto.

The scariest thing is to see that some or our national heros were responsible for this.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
southernutah
Levergunner

Post by southernutah »

Have you read the book Unintended Consquences by Ross. I bought 3 ,2 to loan out and 1 to keep. Loaner are long gone have no idea where they are now. Good read if you can find one..............
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Who said anything about a million armed people? Can't a million law-abiding peaceable citizen meet in Washington DC to demonstrate for their God-given rights? I seem to remember many tens of thousands assembling for MLK's speech. Or how about the "way less than" a million man march? How about the "way-way less than" a million mom march? We can make our point without bearing arms at that rally...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I agree with YK. lets do it.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Sounds good to me. I would love to go and show my support.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Maybe someone can give NRA the idea to tell all members or wanna be members they will receive free upgrad or new membership status to go. Why not a 6 million man march? Yee haa! what a fun time that would be! :lol:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Who said anything about a million armed people?
Lefty Dude wrote:Some one organized a Million Man March of Gun owners. And we all showed up in Washington D.C. next July 4, 2009 in support of the Second Ammendment. All brought our long guns, formed Brigade's and marched down Pennsylvania Ave.
That kinda says "armed" to me.

It is a humiliation on free men and a shame on that government when citizens are denied the fundamental right to bear arms in the capitol city.

It is a dark rotting stain on the founding principles of our nation.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

donw wrote:guess who commanded those federal troops in 1932?

douglas macarthur...

my dad was in the cavalry that year, too.
Know who his aides were?

Ike and Patton!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

southernutah wrote:Have you read the book Unintended Consquences by Ross. I bought 3 ,2 to loan out and 1 to keep. Loaner are long gone have no idea where they are now. Good read if you can find one..............
Jim Taylor lent me a copy just after it came out. I read it in less than three days. Then I turned around and read it again a bit more slowly. Not long after I returned it to Jim, I bought a copy of my own, and have read it often.

Personally I think the hogs are getting mighty hungry.

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Who said anything about a million armed people? Can't a million law-abiding peaceable citizen meet in Washington DC to demonstrate for their God-given rights? I seem to remember many tens of thousands assembling for MLK's speech. Or how about the "way less than" a million man march? How about the "way-way less than" a million mom march? We can make our point without bearing arms at that rally...
Original post by Lefty Dude
Some one organized a Million Man March of Gun owners. And we all showed up in Washington D.C. next July 4, 2009 in support of the Second Ammendment. All brought our long guns, formed Brigade's and marched down Pennsylvania Ave.
That is who said something about 1 Million Armed Men

Image Image
UNITE!