Fallow Deer Cull report & other opportunities upcoming

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Fallow Deer Cull report & other opportunities upcoming

Post by 86er »

A few of us got together to thin the private herd of fallow deer I have. They live and breed within the 500 acre enclosure. This was not a hunt. History dictates that about 130 deer is a stable population that can sustain a winter on the property. Yesterday we counted 150 before we started. I shot a 300 grain Cast Performance bullet in 45 Colt from a Win 94 (20"). The bullet is doing around 1570 fps out of that gun. Shot one at 100 yards even and it went through and through with a heart shot. The animal spun around about 10 times leaving a beautiful red Kaleidescope design on the grass. You can see the exit hole in the photo. A few others shot deer, the second photo one with a bow - first time DanE ever shot an animal with a bow. These deer both weighed right at 200 lbs and had a nice layer of fat on them.

Later on this year I would like to cull a few more fallow at $275 each, 2 for $500. I am also offering very few pure russian boar for $350 each, a huge dark chocolate watusi bull for $1250 and a very good deal on a huge black yak with a nice coat and horns and a little white patch on the face, outstanding meat! for only $450 E-mail or PM me if interested.

Joe

TARSporting.com
Last edited by 86er on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There are a lot of Fallow Deer where I live (Hampshire) they make tasty venison, I have two packs of Fallow Venison sausages in the freezer but unfortunatly shot by someone else.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Looks like fun. :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Boar and Yak

Post by rjohns94 »

I'm in on the boar and Yak. sent a PM.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

It's a great way to test your cartridges and equipment, mentally prepare for hunting and get some tasty meat.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

looks like you guys had a fun day
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

This is a picture of some of the herd from two years ago. There are chocolate, spotted and white deer. The cull is for antlerless only.

The Yak looks just like this one - taken on our TX ranch by a customer. BTW - The gun is a custom 870 Slug gun that I stocked in birdseye maple.

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

86er, if that isn't your brother with the camo cowboy hat on, he sure could be. I believe your the one with the tan hat on, am I right?
Old Law Dawg
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Kimcook I'm on the left with the straw cowboy hat and orange band, and the camo cowboy is a customer of no relation.