Vintage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Vintage

Post by 6pt-sika »

How come when ever you want to sell something it's just "used" and when you want to purchase something used it's not used but "Vintage" :roll:

It cracks me up when I go looking for the older Weaver scopes and they are all "vintage" and "worth more to the collector when made in El Paso" .

I suppose you have to play the game to win the game :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Vintage

Post by Slick »

6pt-sika wrote:How come when ever you want to sell something it's just "used" and when you want to purchase something used it's not used but "Vintage" :roll:
It's a classic "price-setting" ploy... I never buy a "classic" item - but often times buy "used"!

Let those "classic folks troll uneducated buyers" - while the rest of use seek out and buy "well cared-for" used firearms! :lol:
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

There are actual written guidelines to follow as to when
an item such as a gun or vehicle should be labeled as
classic, vintage or antique.

But as stated above, those words are often used
indiscriminately as label listing candy.

As the old saying goes, "Buyer beware :wink: "
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Just remember the old antique store motto. "we buy junk and sell antiques".
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have used that myself many times. "Honey, it's not old, beat-up, and falling apart: it is a 'vintage antique'"!

She doesn't buy it either... :roll:
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I saw i great T-shirt at a gun show "How come my stuff is always stuff but your stuff is always stuff?" That somes up gun shows nicely i thought.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

505stevec wrote:"How come my stuff is always stuff but your stuff is always stuff?"
I grew up with guys that played that game.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Heh! I remember when selling or buying at the gun show. Walk by a table with a rifle for sale. Table Troll would call out to me "Hey! How much for your rifle?"
"$400"
"We sold one just like it not fifteen minutes ago to a guy for $500."

Then I'd walk by with one I'd just bought, a Table Troll would call out "Hey! How much did you get that rifle for?"
"$400"
"We sold one just like it, maybe a little better condition for $300 not fifteen minutes ago."

As a kid, I learned a lot about life at the gunshows
I am American
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

MistWolf wrote:Heh! I remember when selling or buying at the gun show. Walk by a table with a rifle for sale. Table Troll would call out to me "Hey! How much for your rifle?"
"$400"
"We sold one just like it not fifteen minutes ago to a guy for $500."

Then I'd walk by with one I'd just bought, a Table Troll would call out "Hey! How much did you get that rifle for?"
"$400"
"We sold one just like it, maybe a little better condition for $300 not fifteen minutes ago."

As a kid, I learned a lot about life at the gunshows
Anymore if I go to a gunshow and have something I want to trade or sell . I don't take it in with me , but wait until I see something I want to trade it for or run across someone I know who is intrested .

I had a old guy try and beat me down one time in Harrisonburg VA . I was carrying a Pre 64 Model 70 Varmint in 243 with a factory stainless barrel and was asking $700 , the gun was an honest 95% . He walked up to me 3 times and asked what I wanted for it and each time I said the same thing , and each time he said I can get a new one cheaper then that . So I told him on the third time that the best thing he could do was go purchase a new one because mine was not leaving me for less then what I was asking ! Think it upset him off because he didn't ask again and he walked by me about 5 more times .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Looking to buy a gun at a gun show is like looking for a wife at a bordello, very rarely does it work out.

The dealers come to sucker the public and the public comes to get a DEAL and once in a while they both get what they deserve.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

KCSO wrote:Looking to buy a gun at a gun show is like looking for a wife at a bordello, very rarely does it work out.

The dealers come to sucker the public and the public comes to get a DEAL and once in a while they both get what they deserve.
True, but once in a while you find somthing interesting...

Like the NAA Guardian I bought for next to nothing, knowing full well that it was broken... then sent back to NAA for a full rehab. Total rehab cost: Shipping fees.

Gotta love those "forever"/transferrable warantees. :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!