POLITICS - Where's my check Where's FEMA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - Where's my check Where's FEMA

Post by colo native »

IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT ??
... As you watch the flooding in the Midwest , have you noticed that there are no farmers running around with stolen plasma TVs or holding stolen liquor over their heads. There's no looting or yelling "Where's Bush?", "Where's FEMA?, Where's my check?", or "Why isn't the Gov't out here saving me and my farm?"
Likewise, I've also noticed there are no reports of any other country coming to help or sending aid. Shocking contrast isn't it???!!!!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Where's my check Where's FEMA

Post by alnitak »

As a couple of e-mails I've gotten have said:

"Where Oh Where Are The People Who Cried For Katrina

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problem? Asking where the FEMA trucks (and trailers) are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes and big screen television sets?

When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to rebuild a 'vanilla' Iowa, because that's the way God wants it?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of cannibalism?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again? "

and,

"Iowa vs. Lousiana

Have you all noticed that Cedar Rapids is under 10 feet of water. Thousands upon thousands of people are displaced?

Have you noticed that nobody is looting every empty property in site?

Have you noticed that nobody is shooting at rescuers?

Have you noticed any victims on TV wondering where the federal government is
to 'take care of them'?

Or, have you noticed victims, who have lost everything, make comments like 'life goes on', 'we'll just need to pick up the pieces and start over', and 'at least we still have our life'.

Maybe Barak could help make victims of these survivors as well, convince them that they aren't strong enough to take care ofthemselves, they are not smart enough to survive.

Maybe we should subsidize their lives for the next 2+ years, free housing, $2000/month to not work.... "

(This second e-mail then goes on to ascribe the cause of the difference to a factor I don't necessarily agree with, so I won't repeat it here. However, whether the difference between the two disasters is a function of urban vs. rural, heritage/culture, race, Republican vs. Democrat, politics, or whatever -- the point is that the media, and the victims, are treating these two disasters differently and we must ask "Why?".)
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

It is a kind of interesting contrast. Does living in a big city CAUSE so many to become helpless and dependant or are those people just drawn to the city? I used to believe that education could improve our country, but now I am beginning to wonder if our nation can continue to exist as is. Maybe we should just split the baby down the middle and let the leftist have the east and west coast along with Hawaii and then we can get the bread basket the Gulf and Alaska. We can drill for the oil we have, work, farm, hunt, and live as we want and let them implode. (Know it wouldn't work but a guy can dream cant we?)
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

TCB in TN wrote:It is a kind of interesting contrast. Does living in a big city CAUSE so many to become helpless and dependant or are those people just drawn to the city? ...
I'd say a bit of both.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Media spin is that "This time, the Gubment got it right" That's why there is no looting and such......Expletive Deleted :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

The most I have heard about it is what the flooding will do to us, eaters of food, not what it has done to the residents. Hypocrisy at it's best.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Hobie

Re: POLITICS - Where's my check Where's FEMA

Post by Hobie »

I think you've made a good point. Must be good, the wife mentioned it every time they had the floods on TV. :lol: Ok, so you think like my wife. I like my wife. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Ironsights wrote:
TCB in TN wrote:It is a kind of interesting contrast. Does living in a big city CAUSE so many to become helpless and dependant or are those people just drawn to the city? ...
I'd say a bit of both.
+1 Kind of like flies and dog doo. Flies are drawn to it; maggots are born in it... :twisted:
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: POLITICS - Where's my check Where's FEMA

Post by Mich Hunter »

Amen to that. I don't think it has to do with people from the big city. It has to do with the class of people. New Orleans looks allot cleaner since the water receded. :lol: