jengel how's the new store?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

jengel how's the new store?

Post by JReed »

I was just looking at the site for y'alls store. I like the lay out of the webpage. How is business going?
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Hobie

Re: jengel how's the new store?

Post by Hobie »

Jeremy,

Just had a message from Jim indicating all is going well. He'll be along in a while to respond himself but is so darn busy the forum is a lower priority to him. Can't blame him.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

It's going good thanks. We opened May 1 and we were VERY busy. We are dealers for Benelli, Beretta, Glock, Springfield Armory, CRKT Knives, Starline Brass, Leadhead Bullets, Liberty Safes, Filson Clothing, King's Shadow Camo and several others. The gun repairs have been slow but that is OK, we are still ordering plenty of stuff to stock on the shelves. We have the nicest gun shop in the region. Almost everyone that comes in says that they are pleasantly surprised and we have been referred to as a "mini Cabelas". We have many different items and are running out of room to put things. We did about $45,000 in sales in May. I think that is pretty good considering the city of Atwood only has about 1500 people and the county only has about 2000. We get a lot of business out of Colorado and Nebraska too. I have been told that this is the slow time of the year, up until about September.

I have a secretary and it is kind of fun being a boss. She doesn't know a lot about guns gut she is learning, that is all I can ask. I'm gone from the house more than I like and I only get Sundays off. I just spoke with one of the bosses and he told me that I need to find some time to take off during the week so I don't get burned out.

I was an idiot and agreed with the wife that I would buy no guns for two years. This job has doubled my take home pay and we need to get some bills paid off before any goodies are bought. We did buy a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse that gets double the fuel mileage than my Dodge diesel pickup. We are now looking at a motorcycle that gets good mileage so I can drive it and my wife can take the car. Between us we commute 100 miles a day for work and the fuel is getting rather expensive.

As far as good deals on guns for my fellow leverguners, I would like to keep guns on the shelf for 30 days to give the locals first dibbs on them. After that, it is a free for all. The only thing I have on the shelf now that might be of interest is a Win M 94 30-30 pre safety SN 43957xx for $350 in about 75% or so condition.

If anybody is going to SHOT Show 2009, I'll see you there. Gotta go, customers waiting..... :D

PS. There is some stuff misspelled on the web site, I'm working with the gal to fix it. Our corporate headquarters is a multi-million dollar a year distributor and they are busy too. www.beavervalleysupply.com is the parent company.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Glad to here you are doing so well. :D
I will have to stop by if I ever get that way.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Good to hear things are doing well.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

+3 Congrats on your success!!! :D
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Thanks guys..... :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like you're doing something right. Good luck and hope the rest of the year is busier.
Old Law Dawg