Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

The leasing stopped in the late 80s to early 90s.

Well it's been raining all day. Pickedvup the old man with Jeep and we drove down to the big city to look in Home Cheapo for trailer project materials. Then we shot over to Harbor Freight and looked around.
Didn't buy anything but the gas to get there.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looking over the Kennebec and Penobscot watersheds. Everything really winds around up there. Riding around with locals over three visits you never end up knowing where you were except by name and that was 30+ years ago.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The last two nights thunderstorms have knocked out my internet, weather is definitely on the change, showers and temperature in the sixties. Goodbye Heat... :D

Hey, we got a new lady PM, hope she's as tough as Margaret Thatcher and can stem the flood of illegal immigration. She talks of personal freedom but I have never seen a lost freedom returned to its rightful owner so my bucket list of handguns will remain sadly just a bucket list... :cry:

At least I've still got my Winchester with which I shot a rat this morning that thought the bird food was all his.. :lol:

Will be looking at a new property to rent on Thursday, it's on a big farm so I'm hoping they need some vermin control...
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy! Best of luck with the new property and the new PM.
I so hope she is MT reincarnated. She was awesome. I had a lot of respect for ole Maggie.
Sounds like the new residence has potential.

Well, I'm having an afternoon coffee. Summer must be over.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not here 112°
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mmmmmmm......venison!

Years back, one of those big TV and magazine hunting writers knew some old boys over on the eastern border by New Brunswick. They had a farm and a bunch of property. The guy had remarked to this big shot that they had this monster buck his family had been trying to get for several years.
So this big shot says it will make a nice article to come up here and write a story on shooting this buck. Just like it was a sure thing.
He shows up with his entourage and spends a week humping that place. Not only did he not get the buck, he never saw a deer.
There's a reason no hunting shows are filmed here. Maine is tough hunting. The woods are extremely thick, and all the wiz bang gadgets in the world ain't gonna help. The deer run to the nastiest holes in a state made of nasty holes.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Good one bro! Those so called "great hunters" who write for money are used to hunting on land that some wealthy guy has that 3 people in 1,000 acres hunt on......

I was pretty much an outcast when hunting at my BIL's mountain cabin because I rarely would participate in a drive.....I considered it unsportsmanlike.......Hell, I can afford any meat out there in the supermarket so I made it a challenge. Me and the 33 Winchester brought home lots of meat and it was well earned, sometimes taking me a week to 10 days to score a six pointer.....but it was on the ground, not in a tree, no scents or other cheating methods.....hell, they are animals, it's almost as easy as outsmarting a Polish intellect. ......and waaaayyyy easier than outsmarting a shanty Irishman......----00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I see it changing though. Lots of guys with land are putting in food plots and building shoot houses. It's ridiculous. I still like to beat the woods with old iron sighted Winchester carbines. It's always close, so scent and movement matter. They changed it this year year. There's always been a lottery for doe tags, but even if you got one, you could only shoot one deer. Either bucks only, or buck or doe with a doe tag. I don't see me shooting 2 deer ever. Just don't need it. I don't really need one this year. Still lots if deer meat in the freezer.
However, I DON'T like running out. :D

Hitting the hay bro. Later.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster......as you know, my in laws are custom butchers and for about 25 years we would get a about a quarter to a half of Angis every year at cost..........this is what I learned with having a freezer full of meat......you eat more and you waste more due to "just eating the best part and losing some to freezer burn even though we double wrap it and it costs at least 2-300 a year to run a freezer. So.....for the last 20+ years we use the refrigerator freezer...there's only 2 of us........if I get desperate for meat I'll just cut off a few inches......you know.... :D

Now, on to fun and games.....Philly had 38 people shot over the weekend with 9 fatalities so that's 9 less EBT cards to give out. My attorney is contacting Philly authorities to have a contract drawn up for me to get the brass collected off the streets and alleys. They figure about 200 lbs of brass a weekend as there's tons of shootings where only cars and houses get shot.....it's wild there!---00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I got the trusses all built today. While im gone next week, dad can make the gussets for them and there are some other odds and ends he can do. When I get back o have to get going on it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Don't forget! When you build my bunk, put a little shelf about 18" long and have it stand out about 4". You know, for my Leatherman, flashlight, change, what not. Also, senior members have their bunk on the bottom as I'm tired of climbing up.

That Gunny (the other, less emotional Gunny) always made me sleep on the top which I didn't like. Major pita when you have to whiz so I started keeping a 32 ounce Gatorade bottle with me, the bottle with the extra wide mouth. One time I had some water in a little bottle and in the morning I dripped some of it down on his sleeping bag.....he wanted to know wtf I was doing and that drip had better not be from the Gatorade bottle. I profusely apologized and said the cap was not on tight. :D Man! He got HOT. A 6' 2 career Marine drill Sargent was starting to give me the a.ss whipping of my life when I told him it was water and showed him the bottle.

Some guys can't take a joke. That story is true.

A long somewhat slim cherry tree about 40' tall and a diameter of only 10-12" fell today out back. It was here when I moved in 47 years ago and never got huge because its only a foot away from a white ash tree and another cherry tree--00.

Look at the salt block and the rounded marks put on by the deer's tongues.

Hey, you know, I did real good and chased everyone else away......good riddance.....now we can call it "our thread". :D :D Just like the WW2 soldiers who said, (about the Japanese) "how do you fight an enemy who does not care if he lives or dies."..rings the same here, I don't give a - - - -.......---006

Easy cutting.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah! Wizzin in bottles.......
I tell ya bro, there's a whole science to it. When your in a stand for hours in the extreme cold, you have to choose your pizz bottles wisely.
Most are WAY too noisy. Plus, you clean them out and put the cap on at home. When it's 10 degrees, and you loosen the cap......oh boy! Your hunt is over.
I finally found Mobil 1 quart oil bottles. They have a fairly big opening (but none are big enough for me. :D ), but more importantly, they are a rubbery plastic so they are quiet.

Yes sir! I know important stuff!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:14 pm Haha yeah! Wizzin in bottles.......
I tell ya bro, there's a whole science to it. When your in a stand for hours in the extreme cold, you have to choose your pizz bottles wisely.
Most are WAY too noisy. Plus, you clean them out and put the cap on at home. When it's 10 degrees, and you loosen the cap......oh boy! Your hunt is over.
I finally found Mobil 1 quart oil bottles. They have a fairly big opening (but none are big enough for me. :D ), but more importantly, they are a rubbery plastic so they are quiet.

Yes sir! I know important stuff!
That's a great tip Jay, it should be in every book on hunting..... :wink:

Six, I always kept cherry wood for Christmas not that you could really smell the cherry wood smoke with a log burner unless you went outside. The place I'm looking at today is all electric, not even an open fire... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

OldWin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 pmThere's always been a lottery for doe tags, but even if you got one, you could only shoot one deer. Either bucks only, or buck or doe with a doe tag. I don't see me shooting 2 deer ever. Just don't need it. I don't really need one this year. Still lots if deer meat in the freezer.
However, I DON'T like running out.
When we had four kids at home, we pretty much had to get at least four to six deer unless we wanted to be vegetarians half the time. We had chickens, but only a dozen or so on average, so ate eggs, but not chicken meat very often, so our only meat source was deer. With six mouths to feed, that was over 6,500 meals per year, and even if only one meal per day involved meat, that was around 2,195 dinners, and if we wanted to have even four ounces of meat per day each, it would have required 549 pounds of deer meat per year.

My friends who didn't hunt, or ones who just hunted for sport and 'treat' food would think it strange that we'd max out whatever doe-tags we could get, but it's a far different thing when your only meat source is hunting.

Back then we rarely saw rabbits, and the amount of meat per minute-afield for squirrels wasn't worth it. Plus, deer were way overpopulated and the DNR was incentivizing doe harvesting.

Now we're over-run with rabbits, although they are all scrawny and I'm not sure all that healthy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:43 am
OldWin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 pmThere's always been a lottery for doe tags, but even if you got one, you could only shoot one deer. Either bucks only, or buck or doe with a doe tag. I don't see me shooting 2 deer ever. Just don't need it. I don't really need one this year. Still lots if deer meat in the freezer.
However, I DON'T like running out.
When we had four kids at home, we pretty much had to get at least four to six deer unless we wanted to be vegetarians half the time. We had chickens, but only a dozen or so on average, so ate eggs, but not chicken meat very often, so our only meat source was deer. With six mouths to feed, that was over 6,500 meals per year, and even if only one meal per day involved meat, that was around 2,195 dinners, and if we wanted to have even four ounces of meat per day each, it would have required 549 pounds of deer meat per year.

My friends who didn't hunt, or ones who just hunted for sport and 'treat' food would think it strange that we'd max out whatever doe-tags we could get, but it's a far different thing when your only meat source is hunting.

Back then we rarely saw rabbits, and the amount of meat per minute-afield for squirrels wasn't worth it. Plus, deer were way overpopulated and the DNR was incentivizing doe harvesting.

Now we're over-run with rabbits, although they are all scrawny and I'm not sure all that healthy.
Absolutely Doc! Most don't realize how fast you can eat through a deer. Even big deer. There just isn't a lot there if it's your main source of meat. As much work as it is to shoot one here, it wouldn't be worth it in terms of subsistence.
One deer a year is plenty in my house now. It's just the wife and I. While I could easily use it as my only meat source, my wife wouldn't go that far. She likes it, but not like me. Most of our meat comes from cows raised by my good friend. We split a beef with my parents and have more than enough. Best of all, we know where it came from, what it ate, and got it cheap. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I drove a 162 miles to check out a new apartment, the place stunk of money, couldn't be less Hick or Hillbilly :? The location was okey but the apartment was right in front of the landlords millionaire mansion, I'd probably after wear top hat and tails to wash my car. My search goes on.

I prefer beef to venison but where I live at the moment is crawling with pheasants and partridge, sadly no wabbits.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK....the uppity types are the first ones to evict you if your a second late on the rent. My wife was a waitress in her younger days and blue collar people always give the best tip...the ones who do not, rarely, or leave a paltry tip are the rich people and blacks, in fact, the blacks sometimes would skip paying the bill. Her uncle, who owner the diner bashed more than a few dark colored heads. There was always a few Pagan 1 percenters around to help out. We didnt have today's issues in those days.........so that all means ......I don't know......wish you the best as you would have zero issue here in finding a place.

My best to the Queen....I have great respect for her......take that Harry and his low life other half and throw em in the Thames.--00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry the place didn't work out GK. Best of luck in your continued search.

The wife and I offer our condolences on the loss of the queen. End of an era. The days of people like that have passed. God bless England.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you both, I am saddened by the news of her Majesty's passing. She was one of the few people you could depend on to uphold honour and integrity in the UK.

I will continue to search for a new abode hopefully with a bit of squirrel shooting thrown in, today I had to drive through torrential rain in busy traffic so I was a little disappointed that the place just didn't feel right. I did however get to drive past Stone Henge.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you both, I am saddened by the news of her Majesty's passing. She was one of the few people you could depend on to uphold honour and integrity in the UK.

I will continue to search for a new abode hopefully with a bit of squirrel shooting thrown in, today I had to drive through torrential rain in busy traffic so I was a little disappointed that the place just didn't feel right. I did however get to drive past Stonehenge.
rgrovd2gmkjnbexburk5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sad news, indeed. My mom is sad over it too. It's always difficult to lose something that you've always been able to count on. There are so few constants in this day and age.
There no doubt will be a lot of programs aired about her life and rein over the coming months.
She was definitely a tough old gal, and stood the gaff. Much respect from my family and I. She earned and deserved every bit of it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

By Stone Henge is it? A new PM and a new King. Wonder how that will all go.

Hope you find the digs you want.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay tell your Mom I thank her for kind thoughts, the Queen will be sadly missed by many.

One of my favourite images of her Majesty.
STC_AGG_PCF_1-001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice picture my friend.
It's so strange to think of her young. She had been old most of my life.
She got to see a lot. That is a huge amount of political time by anyone's measure.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, the queen always reminded my o my grandmother who looked like her and acted a lot like her in life with a very controlled steady outlook no matter what went on. She worked full time until she was 87 at the original Burlington Coat Factory inspecting coats. Then we sold the farm. She then went to live with her sisters in Trenton, NJ where having the least seniority she lived on the third floor. Here is a picture of her only grandson who is now 45. Later that day they had a surprise 90th birthday party. She died the next morning. That pic is the first time she saw her grandson. We flew in from Cali not knowing about the party.

Anyway, always felt sort of a special interest in the Queen with all of that. My younger brother was born one day after King Charles.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Wednesday 9/7 it was 100*, this morning 9/9 it’s 35*. Headed to Vancover WA to visit relatives.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's quite a variation Harry, I'd find it confusing on what to wear each morning.... :?

In the 60s here with heavy rain showers.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK......I spent last evening reading as much as I could on kings and queens in England from around 1000 AD on, mostly paying attention from the 1400 period on. Of course this was on Wikipedia which is slanted left but I do find them to be truthful.....as you know, many of the past kings and queens...and their children are "put to rest" in various castles and cathedrals, most notably the WINCHESTER Cathedral.....(Could you imagine a Rossi Cathedral, made from 1/4" particle board and a dirty blanket hung from an open space that you swipe to get inside and everyone sits on upturned 5 gallon buckets?)

Yea, I noticed more than a few of those monarchs are buried with clean swipes through the neck vertebrae.

Jay is on his way......just a cruisin down da road....if your listening Jay and when you get to Chicago, DONT STOP at any traffic lights...for real....those second generation uprights will loot, steal, and kill and if you defend yourself YOU will pay the price. I know this to be 100% fact from working with truckers who drive through such areas in Philly.--00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haven't left yet buddy. Leaving in the wee morning hours. Have to hit the sack early tonight.
Don't worry buddy, ole Jay will be careful. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, reading about the drama surrounding Harry. Wondering what the Brits think.

Now it seems apparent to me that Harry is not part of the bloodline, spitting image of the stable master at the time of his birth. I doubt Charles is the father. The Royals undoubtedly know whatever the facts are.

Harry had to fly himself to Balmoral and came alone. So, what is the populace view of all this?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Harry and his boss are not well liked by most Brits, he was once highly regarded but since his marriage he is not popular. I knew when I saw him with Obama he'd lost the plot.

Another thing what real man gives up shooting to please his wife :?:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What about the lineage?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:12 pm What about the lineage?
As long as nothing happens to William or his kids.... Harry is toast.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I mean do you think Harry is Charles son? Do Brits even question this?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Everyone questions it but apparently there is evidence that Charles is the father of Harry, I know if he was my son I would disown him anyway.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I suppose the issue is once it became evident how they would handle it.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There are many issues through history that the story presented is not the real one. Modern access to information have brought many out.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I find it interesting how things are handled in different cultures. There is presently information from several sources of the underlying meaning of how the Brits and Royals address things such as Charles naming William and Kate and their titles but only mentioning Harry and Meghan by their first names while appearing to express a kind sentiment.

That has come with some translation by those knowledgeable in the culture.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes it can be subtle so those in the know notice and the others remain ignorant. It's all about one very big pecking order really.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, the 5 of us made it to Denver. Just waiting on the Alaska crew. We went out for some buffalo burgers. Tomorrow, the whole clan will road trip to Wyoming.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What part of Denver are you in?.....my boy lives in Littleton, at the beginning of the Rockies,, just off of c470.....--00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The hotel we are in is actually in Aurora. I told the wife your boy was out here somewhere.
We are renting a car to go to Wyoming. Probably should have hopped a train ride with your son and saved some cash. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, now I have a mental picture of you all running down the tracks jumping on a freight train...... :?
Bakersfield,_California._On_the_Freights._Helping_a_newcomer_hop_a_freight_-_NARA_-_532069.tif.jpg
Enjoy your trip and have fun..... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weeeee doggie!
That seems about right.
Well, we are getting ready to start out hillbilly caravan.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:53 am Weeeee doggie!
Well, we are getting ready to start out hillbilly caravan.
Yes, don't forget Jed Clampett is waiting for you with his whole clan. Jethro's sister, Jethrine will also be there. Jethro and Jethrine's cousin, Blainette will also be there.

Blainette. :D

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha!

Ok...as usual, I got a story. And I'm gonna tell ya, so far these ritzy touristy folks around here ain't cutting it.
This would NEVER fly back home.
We roll up to this mansion the kids rented in Teton Village. We took a few minutes to look around, and since I hadn't eaten since breakfast, we figured we'd get some pizza and beer before everything closed. It was about 10.
My daughter in law called in some pizza back in Jackson Hole (about 20 minutes away). The oldest boy an I race for town. We get the pizza but they don't have beer........? :shock:
So the oldest boy asks where we can get some. The girl says the grocery store or a convenience store. We smoke it down the road and make the store 20 minutes before it closes. I scour the place like a mother with a missing kid......nothing. We ask the checkout girl.....NOPE!
WTF!?
So we race to an open convenience store.....NOPE!
So ole Jay had pizza with no beer. Now it's midnight and I'm going to bed after driving all day. Probably saw Six's boy. Freaking huge trains everywhere.

I'll tell ya, this place got moved down a few pegs with that beer incident.
This would NOT be an issue back home. Beer is all that keeps the stores in business. Must be all the rich folks in these parts.
I didn't see one mailbox with Bodine on it. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay consider yourself lucky you didn't run into the local womenfolk..... :lol:
Lips-that-touch-liquor.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah.....well we did briefly contemplate crime.
Luckily, the youngest boy was back at the mansion with the Smith and Wesson.
Anyway......I don't care how hot they are, I'd have nothing to do with them prohibitionists.
Now, Kristy is a tea totaler, but she don't judge. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yo dude and dudette....I can picture it now.......the townsfolk all talking about some hillbillies running from store to store looking for cheap beer to eat while their cheap pizza!....I can also hear them, I'd wish these northern rednecks would go home.....seriously, your in nice country.......I was only there one time but I did put on a load in Jackson Hole at the Silver Dollar Saloon......you should have gone there for a few six packs........the bar is studded with silver dollars and the seats are all saddles.....pool table off to the side...high priced gun shop across the street on the same side as the saloon.....elk refuge across the street measured in square miles.......the Tetons in the background....

Serious trouble is brewing with the railroads...talk of a strike.....my boy told me they have been working without a contract for 3 years and they don't want to offer them S.....shareholders want a huge dividend due to inflation.....could get ugly.....coyote ugly....-----00
Model A Uzi’s