Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of action going on since I was outside splitting wood......

Sure is a nice looking dog Jay.....appears calm and of course, you are giving the pup the magic touch......AND,,...AND....

YOU WON!

Here's your prize.....you know there's a real gun guy in the house when a bullet falls out of the wood he is splitting.......

38-40 TC......

Jay is right...did I say my Rubicon has a V-6?...no, my wife's Jeep does.....hers runs the turnpike at 80 mph like nothing.....if I'm doing 75 in the Rubicon, my knuckles are white.....shorter wheelbase, stiff suspension and 410 gears.

Driving the old '89 YJ on the turnpike at 65 my knuckles are white.....my boy drove that to Colorado and all around down to Texas, Oklahoma and back home several times......leaf springs will kill ya......I had Ole Yeller out two weeks ago.....just up the street and back as it has no insurance, tags..blah blah and it about kilt me...

Jay's prize and the Inline 6, still with bar codes from assembly on it.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool bullet man! The 38-40 rocks!

Pretty clean buddy. Believe it or not, mine is too. I have swapped all my hoses over to blue silicone though.
MIne has a 1 inch motor mount lift too.

We hauled the shack up to the lot today and got her all set up for hunting season. I winched it on the trailer with the Jeep.
Hit the range for a bit too. Had to shoot my Ruger GSR and make sure zero was good to go. That really is an awesome rifle. I could easily do everything I need to with that one rifle.

But I ain't gonna! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Jayster....that engine has NEVER been power washed......that is how it is as it came from the dealer in 2005. An occasional wipe down on the rubber hoses with Armor All....only mods are a K&N air filter.....I leave the engine alone as it came from the factory.

The only part that has broke down on this Jeep in 16 years...other than normal maintenance like the brake issue.....has been what you replaced on your Jeep last week.....the heater switch thingy that's behind the glove box.....like you, I only had high on the switch........$26 and it took me 15 minutes to put in....little tricky IIRC as there's no much room to work.....
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This has the 3.6 Pentastar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is 4 cyl for those who can cypher.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that brings back memories! I had a P-40 Cox airplane.

I've never used a pressure washer on my engine. It forces water into the electrical connectors and can cause issues. I have sprayed it with cleaner and hosed it off many times, however. :D

The resistor in the earlier TJs, like Old Red, is under the dash below the glove compartment.
After 2002, they are like yours and my Rubicon, behind the glove compartment. When mine went, I only lost the second fan position. Old Red was like most and lost all but high.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Thanks for the confirmation on pressure washing the engine....I always suspected that and that's why I never did it.

Fred....in all reality, my feeling is that Jeep never put any real power in any of its vehicles. While the Inline six is a great motor the little four banger is not bad either. I've driven them and the four cylinder and the six cylinder will get you where you have to go...that's about it. Of course, the 4 cylinder came standard with 410 gears which helps. I drove a Patriot when we bought mom's Wrangler and was pleased with its performance.....I could care less about raw power...I just want to get there with decent power and acceptable gas mileage.

The only exception is the Grand Cherokee..those buggers were/are faster than the Jeep Wranglers....a member of the family has one with the Hemi in it......but she's not that bright always "living on the edge" of financial stability and wonders why her insurance bill is so high.

You only need raw power for towing and hauling heavy stuff, neither of which I do. My little 10x5 trailer gets pulled with the Rubicon but I don't put much weight on it......sometimes a ton or a ton and a half of stone and I know and feel it. With Jay's truck you probably would not know it's there.
Model A Uzi’s
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Gun room is coming along
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Built a new shooting bench, from inside the north shop door it’s 200 yards to the back board.
Trump 2024

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

New flooring going down in the house.
Trump 2024

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Lordy....you have been busy having accomplished quite a bit in a short time.

That's what I call living.....load and shoot with no traveling. In time you will have hanging steel, seats for your buddies and of course, a large cooler for the cold ones. Ya sure can't beat the safety of your backstop.

Mmmmm.....I would not feel too good about the safe where it's at.......I take it that you intend to bring it in the house at some point.-----00
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Love those cordless screwdrivers.....must have five of them...impact style......before they came out I used to cut the handles off of screwdrivers and chuck them in a rheostat drill.....with a cord...of course.----00
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six the Patriot is basically a front wheel drive midsize car with a Jeepish body style. Looks kind of like the Jeep Cherokee did about 87. I usually get the smallest engine available. I don’t go anywhere there isn’t a road and don’t haul or tow anything. Once every couple years snow here for a couple days is all I have to deal with. Don’t care about acceleration or top speed. So, a Buick Regal or Olds Cutlass with a Jeep body.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Fred....not much different for me...not only do I rarely go off road, I rarely go on road. In fact, I told mom I was thinking of selling the Rubicon as I can get what I paid for it 16 years ago....I don't spend money, I invest it....why I still have my eighth grade lunch money! Winchesters, Colts, and now Jeeps! I still have Ole Yeller in case I have to drive to get some Skoal.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I agree the 4.0 is a great engine. The old 258s were a great engine as well, a guy could do a lot to them to increase performance, helped a buddy do a build & swap years ago. Cam, carb, intake and a little head shaving ya got a rig that would pull a house down.

Now what about Zoey and the pup?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:48 am I agree the 4.0 is a great engine. The old 258s were a great engine as well, a guy could do a lot to them to increase performance, helped a buddy do a build & swap years ago. Cam, carb, intake and a little head shaving ya got a rig that would pull a house down.

Now what about Zoey and the pup?
Hey Gunny. Sorry, I got sidetracked.
Zoey is great. You'd think the pup had always been here. From the moment the pup came in, Zoey has been really good with her. Zoey is one of the best dispositioned dogs I've ever seen. Maggie the little poodle is taking abuse. We think Gracie thinks she's a puppy because of her size. She can't figure out why she won't play.
My hope is that the pup learns the ins and outs from Zoey.
Hector the cat is a different story. But then, he has always had a bad attitude. Stinky the cat is ok with her.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's good! Yeah I'm sure Maggie is thinking ' oh what fresh hell is this?' They'll get over and around their differences in due time. I'm sure Zoey will teach her all she needs to know about being a dog.
That's the problem with cats, either nasty or happy go lucky- no in between!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 am That's good! Yeah I'm sure Maggie is thinking ' oh what fresh hell is this?' They'll get over and around their differences in due time. I'm sure Zoey will teach her all she needs to know about being a dog.
That's the problem with cats, either nasty or happy go lucky- no in between!
Yup. Maggie isn't really a dog, anyway. :D
And yes, that is true of cats. Hector has seniority. Strange part is, Maggie came about the same time and Hector has always been good with Maggie. The rest.....not so much. Hector is known far and wide in the neighborhood. He keeps everyone and everything in line. He is mellowing though. Almost 11 now.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea......The "Dog Whisperer"....you know, the self proclaimed expert......(have to be quiet, she's in the next room) says it take a week or so for any new dog to fit in the order. Puppies usually get a free pass from the senior dogs. Our new pup is just beginning to open up and running around, playing.....whatever dogs do.........Miss Apple is acceptive but does not seek her out.....I've always felt females are better dogs plus they pee outside...dang males will wait till your back is turned .......

Well.....NICE day.......think I go and count all the screws on my Smith & Wessons....----------001950
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

They make better hunters too in my opinion. Why you ask- because deep down in their DNA they know they have to feed themselves as well as their puppies so they are more driven.
UNLESS its the terrier breeds, then most all of them are hunters!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Soooooo...here goes the story........this morning...around 1 PM....mom calls me over to say something is making noise in the woodstove chimney.....mmmm...........I open up the stove doors and there's about a quart of creosote laying inside.....

I don't clean after the season as the creosote protects the metal pipe from corrosion during the spring/summer.......anyway, I stick my head in the stove to look up the pipe and everything is dark......I climb on the roof and take the lid off...duhhh.....come back inside and shine the Surefire up the pipe and there's a bird sitting on the flue. He must have flapped his wings on the way down and cleaned the pipe pretty good.

I got my head and shoulders in the stove and reached up as far as I could and the bird started flapping and covered my face with more creosote.....duhhhh.........so....I flipped the flue and the bird came inside the stove and was sitting on a ledge inside so I grabbed it......mockingbird........walked outside and let her go...flew away and didn't even thank me.....reminds me of the questions I answer here.....a rare thank you.....

Creosote......

Bird on flue...butt shot

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is a 2 minute scene from the movie "Rocketman". If you don't think this is funny, you need to get into a fight with a 10 ga. shotgun and let the gun win. :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wbAF1EExpek
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man! Lots of action around here today.....first the stupid bird, then tonight the deer came up to eat the apple pie I threw out and while they were eating it the fox came up and ate the pound of cheese I threw out....whoa! he's gonna be binded up tomorrow.
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Lurking With Hands On The Windowsill

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know, out of 113500 "views" and 3123 "Replies" that all works out to 36-1...are you regulars reading each post 36 times?... :D

Either the forum has mathematical issues or there's lots of people peeking through the window with just one hand on the window sill........lets call them "peeping hypocrites".

Ahhh cheese.....I'd NEVER go on that thread.....I'm a big shot just by counting screws......that's what my reverend toad me what to do.----- :D
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah birds in stove pipe is a common thing at the hunting cabin. Except it's always a bluebird.

The other night I cleaned out the pellet stove and then fired it up to cook off the stink bugs. Boy do they move fast with flames getting bigger and bigger! Fitting end to those invaders!

We both need to make bird/bug screens!

Let em lurk, if they want to join in they are welcome!

Harry, place looks great! Ya got a great range set up and you can shoot from indoors too! I like the floors too, real wood is so warm and inviting. Safe? I don't see a safe there Six, I do see the front entryway door...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Six's house is like Wild Kingdom. :D

Cheese? What did I miss?

Took a ride up to pleasant ridge with the Jeep yesterday. Lousy day for birds as it was windy, but today it's going to be warmer and I have some painting to do.
I snapped a couple "poser pics" of the Jeep near where Benedict Arnold came from the Kennebec up across to the Carry Ponds.

Harry,
Looks great man! You have been busy for sure. Getting a new place sure lights a fire under you.
On the other hand, I've lived in my place 30 years, so you can imagine how much ambition I have. :D
Congratulations sir.

Lurkers?
You mean people read thus drivel? :D
Those must be some bored people. I thought we were the outcasts and degenerates of Leverguns.com? :D
Nah.....I don't care. I think we have a pretty good time here. I don't get too uptight. I've always been a fringe outsider. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Being of a somewhat rebellious nature, outcasts and degenerates have always held a certain charm... not that I consider any one of you fine fellows to be a degenerate of course... :lol:

Good to see that everyone is keeping busy and that pets and wildlife are being well looked after, must be some decent folk here after all.. :shock:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:34 am Being of a somewhat rebellious nature, outcasts and degenerates have always held a certain charm... not that I consider any one of you fine fellows to be a degenerate of course... :lol:

Good to see that everyone is keeping busy and that pets and wildlife are being well looked after, must be some decent folk here after all.. :shock:
Yes GK!
You have most assuredly been adopted into our merry band of rabble! :D
I am still sitting around waiting for it to warm up enough to paint some trim around some doors.
Watching videos on the MG34 and MG42. Certainly have laid many of both our countrymen down, but nonetheless a fantastic piece of machinery, that was ahead of its competition by a wide margin.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Fall desert. Probably a lot different than Jolly Olde.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....gonna hook up the trailer to the mighty Rubicon and me and mom are hittin' da road! Gonna go down and get a load of 4 x 4 posts from the fence company......pull a few nails and I have a pressure treated $25 post for nuttin'.....rich horse people around here have their fences replaced every few years.......you know, everything has to look FRESH.

Fred, that cactus plant looks like the homeless guy I saw last week on the corner.
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, your photo of the desert is indeed very different to Olde England, I know where I would rather be and it certainly ain't where I'm at.. :(

Last week I bought a BRAND NEW SMITH & WESSON with NO screws it's the little made in China :roll: boot knife, the blade is just under 3" so I know what Crocodile Dundee would say :lol: anyway I have a few boot knives that are a little more intimidating but this tiny thing rides in my boot with no discomfort and doesn't leave me with a limp. Still illegal to carry in this once free country but I don't go anywhere totally unarmed.
IMG_20211020_192608.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So yesterday I spent from 10am until 630 pm at the hospital with mom. Trying to get answers from spine surgeon. Know what they told me? No reason to do surgery at this point. THAT tells us NOTHING! The spine guys office is useless, very disappointed. I might have to leave a few ratings online...
Anyhow they transported her to a rehab facility about 7 miles from home, thats good. I just got home from there, She feels and acts much better today- the horsepistol staff had her over medicated, like they do with everyone!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear that your mom is feeling better I hope they come up with some useful treatment real soon.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thank you GK!

Oh NOW I see Harry's safe! Hey just bolt it down, it'll stay right there!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Want to see something profound......and funny?

Google...
What is the number 1 song on iTunes. And listen to it.

There must be some mistake! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
Truly wish the best for mom....just put yourself in her shoes...her life is behind her and she's in pain....I'm not that far behind her.....use common sense in dealing with the doctors as I don't trust them anymore...AT ALL....It's all money...you know the story of 3 ENT's and 9 doctors and how I cured myself with the internet.

....I climbed a tree today...20' up ....a willow tree at that....to install a spotlight.....

Got a load of wood today...lots of useless scraps for fire starting and some solid heavy oak posts....there's enough oak posts where I got this stuff to heat a house for the winter....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes Gunny. Sorry. I missed your post.
Glad to see your mom is feeling a better. I really hope they find a way to help her.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thinking about GK's new knife.......it makes loads of sense......if you produce a big knife in an altercation, it's going to put the other dude on extreme alert.......the idea would be to have GK's knife in your fisted hand (when you hand is straight out, the blade pointed down).......and the aggressor won't notice and if need be just move your fist very quickly into his throat. Should take the fight out of anyone....
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny, I truly hope that your Mom gets some relief from the pain.
Harry the new place is looking very good.
Jack....can I have it? (doesn't matter what it is your JUNK is better than my good stuff. By the way I took that 35 Remington ADL out the other day just because I wanted to. Dang I like that gun. Thanks for letting me get it from you. I do read all the post just don't always comment. Even when my mentor says I have dirty knees and I don't go to Costco. My hearing aids are from Costco and I was there with my Mom last week to get her a set of hearing aids.
Well boys at 0900 tomorrow I will have cataract surgery on my left eye. Being left handed it is my dominate eye sooo lets hope they can fix it up better than it has been in the last year. Told I won't be allowed to look at a computer for a couple days so talk at ya next week.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Tommy Gun! Thanks but you have some very nice stuff......hearing aids from Costco? I was thinking of getting new ones from them but word has it that in the near future, price is going to drop dramatically on hearing aids....

My old ones quit working so I duct taped a huge diesel fuel funnel to my right ear as I'm deaf in the left so why waste the energy. Turn the TV up to #100 and baby, I'm rolling!---00
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is the largest fox I have ever seen....he comes here often but is getting bigger, most likely due to a well balanced diet with plenty of protein. He ate a pound of cheese last night....probably released so much methane he blew the other foxes out of the den.
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

No, he probably hasn't been able to stuff in 3 days.
Trump 2024

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You should be fine Tom. I've noticed that people that have had cataract surgery that their eyes reflect a whole lot of light, like deer eyes do when shined with a flashlight. You don't normally see that in people. So don't go standing in fields at night or ya might get shot at! :lol:

That fox is FAT! Probably has a heart condition after eating so well, constipated too I bet!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, I never go anywhere unarmed, no sir, not here in sunny SoCal.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Best of luck to you Tom. I will bet you will see a huge improvement.

I don't have hearing aids. Is that because we don't have Costco?

A POUND of cheese? :shock:
I feel sorry for that fix already. Man!
Six, your lawn has a better selection of groceries than our grocery store. Probably fresher too.

Nice looking sticker GK. I am NEVER without at least one knife. Been carrying some form of Kershaw folder for the last several years. Been using the assisted opening Cryo for a few years now and really like it. My wife daily carries a Kershaw folder with assist also.However, I really like small fixed blades. I have a couple of the Buck Pac lites, the skinner and a caper. I ordered a custom kydex sheath for each one and they work great. I carried the skinner on our road trip to Alaska a couple years ago.

Well, I got my painting done yesterday.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have always carried a knife even in school :o most days I have three folders, a Mercator black cat and two Swiss army knives one like the one on OS's keyring.
Walking around the where I live I usually have a fixed blade of some sort as we have had some unwelcome visitors lately. A few years ago my ex wife was harassed by some travellers so I took it upon myself to have a word with them, they were apologetic and quite tame when they caught sight of the big Bowie I had on my belt... :lol: I have gotten out of trouble a couple of times by following Crocodile Dundee's example. Likewise when I was gamekeeping, a double barrel 12 gauge saved a lot of talking. Nowadays gamekeepers are being told not to talk to trespassers etc while carrying a firearm as it might be considered too aggressive.. :roll:

I'd hate to have to stab or shoot another human being but I sure as hell don't want to be put in the ground for want of fighting back.

The Mecator black cat was designed in Germany mid 1800s and was carried by a lot of German troops in the trenches.
IMG_20211021_153211.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

At all security screenings they will exclude the right to have the knife I posted.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

About 40 years now a Swiss Army knife has been a constant companion, I've also carried a knife with a pocket clip. Now im carrying a Kershaw Onion series with S30V steel, im never going to buy any other steel for knives. Takes an edge easily and holds it without having to work to keep it. A buddy of mine tested his Buck by gutting 5 deer before that S30V stopped shaving .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree Gunny. S30V is excellent stuff.

I have a Bark River Fox River in Elmax that is excellent also. One of the new "Super Stainless" steels.