Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok you WIN !!! Thats hilarious.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, knee slappin hilarious, you are prescient. These aren’t fries but they are fired potatoes. Somebody has to pretend to be the adult here ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Started out like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you guys, I guess I know how far you can push it.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Maybe change 1 word...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Gunny just in case you want to change yer handle...
92040665_10156856820691389_5499659687852769280_n.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GK is on fire today!

Ranger Dan and his big dog, Dick.
Or....take the comma out. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey yo dudes...Ole Jay Bird ere....crazy 0o six says dat he's busy trying to swindle a nice ole 1886 out of some drifter guy. He says dat Gunny guy is too edumacted for him usin' big words and such....he only gots a kindergarten edumaction where i's be high falutin wit de second grade edu somethin'.

Oooooo..wait da minut.....Gunny character is now Moose Jaws! He said dat it goes wit his high falutin edubhuonshun.....

He said dat you guys need to dreul ober dis 1886 in 45-90 made in da year 1894. Da Owner said he traded the hole Eossi facdory foe one gun.

For real.....this is why I turn my nose up at j.u.n.k.....this is what a lever action ought to look like......one of the cleanest antique 1886's I've ever seen and my bud just had to drive over here for show off time.

He leaves and then calls me a half hour later wanting info on an antique single action Colt in 44-40 that he's looking at.....I told him I could make him $5,000 or make him lose $5,000 as he don't know these Colts too well and a $200 deposit up front will get him an answer......he laughed and of course I told him.

The only flaw I could find was this screw and I told him to give me 5 minutes and I'll have a perfect replacement for him....or the original if he wants that but it'll look better.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm SO hoping there is something like that in those guns I'm going to look at tomorrow. But, there ain't no way. I don't get my hopes up anymore.
That is just beautiful. And that screw can be repaired with patience and careful work.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Now that is a winner! Such a nice heirloom rifle.
Yeah I had high hopes Thursday, my nieces fiance sent a couple guns with her for me to look at, said a couple shotguns. Here i was envisioning a nice Parker 20 ga, maybe an Ithaca single barrel trap gun...
A lowly H&R Topper 148 and a Marlin Mk1. Doubt ya could get 300 for both. Just my luck too.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

What the heck is a Marlin MK1?

If I don't know what it is I don't say $100 for the pair.

Those H&R Toppers are indestructible.....like a Winchester or Colt.

Birdman of Leverguns
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Happy 4th of July to all true Americans everywhere....🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸....be as rowdy as you like.. :D
the-colonies-are-quite-rowdy-today-funny-4th-of-july-memes.jpg
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six,
The Marlin Mk1 is a 12 ga pump. The aluminum receiver was produced in France, Marlin then stocked and barreled them to be sold against the 870. Actually it looks a great deal like an 870. They were made with 28" barrels. Apparently only made a few years in the mid sixty's. They made a Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3. The higher grades were engraved and nicer wood.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

THANK YOU GAMEKEEPER!!!!! I truly love this country, it's some of the inhabitants I could care less for.....this newer crop of immigrants are doing what they can to make this great country look like the slime pit where they come from.

Thank you Gunny......never heard of that one but then again shotguns never interested me except the upper shelf ones and those I just looked at, never willing to part with serious money even if I could get a good buy on it, except that nice engraved Ithaca I have.

Well boys......pppaaaaaarrrrrtttttttyyyyyyyyy on. -------Double 0 Six....a.k.a. Mr. Winchester, Mr. Colt, and sometimes Jay Bird. :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....WHATS COOKING FOR TODAY??? I can smell a barbecue from my neighbor.....

I bet Jay is having a blast.....on his neighbors barbecues he can smell cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken, ham hocks, turtle necks, dogs, cats, poached deer, turkey backs, and maybe even a steak.

Fred's barbecuing bearded clams and champagne and Gunny is probably doing tofu, yogurt, while clay birds are sautéing in cheap beer to soften em up a bit while Tom is eating hot dogs with veins in em. I'm having roadkill and it was run over so many times I don't know what it is....but that's what hot sauce is for.

Man! You guys ain't no fun..I'm going home....------006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gonna be burgers and dogs on here I an hour. Soft stuff coming over,

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not much of a day here. Pouring rain all day. Of course, that don't slow the locals down. There are explosions going off everywhere. Some are massive. Got to be homemade goodies! :D

So that guy showed up at my dad's with those guns.
J.U.N.K
Of course, it's just what I figured. He talked to the widow I sold the guns for and heard what I got her for them. He probably didn't hear the part where she gave me a Parker, 1903 Colt, a Wilton vice, and a drill press. And, he was my dad's best friend. I know them both well. I've met this guy once.
Now he wants his free dealer services.
I'm kinda caught. He gave my dad a bunch of Orvis and L.L. Bean fishing gear last year. So, being a sucker, I will do it. Probably twice as many, and not half as good.
I will tell the widow to keep quiet about what I did for her. This is it for me.

Sorry for the rant, boys.
People irk the big brown piles out of me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's the way it is Jay...people think their junk is a fortune then want you to spend your time getting rid of it and if your lucky, they might spot you a Jackson.....

Been there and done all that....I tell them now to take it to a gun buy back program. The older you get the more you get disgusted with people.

We had a lot of action around here today...I went through a half pound of black shooting soup cans filled with cement 1/4 mile in the air......rich guy across the street had the show of shows like he does every year.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Guy could buy and sell me with two days of his interest. That's always the way.
Then again, I bet he can't afford my self respect.

Funny. You know how it is, you can tell a lot about a man by his guns. One rifle stood out. It was an old Remington 740 in .280. All the rest looked awful. Filthy, poorly stored, with rust.....
Not this 740. It was clean. Wear at the front bottom of the receiver from miles of carry. No scope. It had a Marbles flip up tang sight. More importantly, the useless bead front sight had been replaced with a "sour dough" post. There was a piece of walnut tastefully added to the pistol grip to make it longer. And the hard to get to Remington safety behind the trigger had been extended so as to easily disengage it.
I picked it up and said, "this was owned by a rifleman and a hunter. This man did not sit, but still hunted. He knew what worked for him, and took pride in his rifle".
I could tell he was a little put out by my statement. This one rifle belonged to his sister's dead BIL. He was a Nam vet, and the guy said he was messed up and a drunk.
I said, "I don't know about that, but I stand by my statements". The finish was solid on the stock around the buttplate. He didn't put the butt if his rifle on wet ground or snow. Whatever else he was, he was a shooter, and cared for his rifle.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Good caliber that 280.....but I've never been wild about the 740. YES....a lot can be said about the guns a man has...his favorites...you and I have many but there's nothing like a fine 1886 in 45-90 and a single action Colt in 38-40....my all time favorites.

I got five of those single actions in that caliber......and fourteen rossi's......but the rossi's are hard to get to....they're keeping the cement in the foundation together.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tofu? Oh that's the stuff we use to fill holes in Sheetrock! Trust me there is not any way to cook clay birds that makes taste any good!

Before my buddies sold their farm we would do a good 4 hours or more of fireworks every 4th of July. Be 4 or 5 of us running around lighting stuff the hole time. One year we got 'smart' and decided to light multiple mortars at once. All on a sheet of plywood. First one went off, knocking the others over- we had flaming balls going every which way, run for your life! One fell towards the barn where our staging area was, just as Joe was walking out- a ball caught Joe right on the jawline knocking him flat. The mortar round ricocheted away from the barn before exploding! That gave us pause to make sure he was ok, he as a bit dazed, big welt on his cheek, but it was the 4th so we then continued on! Man what FUN!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let’s see, what do I have the most of … 30-30s and 45 Colts. Have both Rossi and Winchester in 45 Colt.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry for the rant, boys. Think I'm going to get out if it. My dad called this morning. Said he was up all night stewing over the whole thing. He got a little irked too. I just didn't want to put my folks in a bad spot. So if they are ok.....
Yeah, I'll pass.
I'm not a fan of the Remington autos, either. Any of em. It was more a commentary on this guys care and setup of his rifle. I actually have one over dad's in 30-06. It is set up much the same way and minty. It was in with my uncles guns.

I don't know what I most of. Probably .22s, but that don't count. Maybe 30-30. I have over a dozen. I have a bunch of of 38-40 too. Seven or 8 I think.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I wasn't aware the 740s were chambered in 280? Don't think I've ever seen one other than '06... Were they few & far between in 280? Might be something to pick up just to sell it for a bit of a markup?
I probably have a tie between.22s and shotguns. When I started buying I was told by a good friend to pick a caliber then go down for the next purchase, then up and so on until ya got all that you want. I have always bought that way, now from .17 to .450 . Only .22s do I have different makers. Gotta say my favorite rifle has to be my .338 Win Mag that I built in school. Why? Cuz it's got my fingers into every part of it, and it shoots great! Although my 22-250 is a tack driver too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Gunny....those 740's and a very few model 760's were made in 280......ran into one 30 years ago and in those days it was something like $6 or 800...can't remember but it was astronomical. Don't know why as it's nothing more than an 06 at 7mm. And how is a man going to reap the benefits from a pump or semi auto? That's why they didn't sell.

You want a like new model 62...pre war transitional.......factory rust blued and factory d&t for a tang sight......only thing this gun needs is a box and a hang tag....Cabelas offered me a grand....I want a bit more....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Nice one buddy!
I have a clean 62, but it's the later "A" model. Not that desirable, but it's a good shooter and something to pass to the kids.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Howdy Jay.....hotter than a pelosi on Saturday night here.....supposed to be worse tomorrow.........

I LOVE the Yellowstone series.....I watch little TV and nothing has been on TV as interesting as this Yellowstone in 30 years...or more.......me and John Dutton think exactly alike.....always on the defense...........people....

67 bud------00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No kidding? Beautiful here. About 60. We took a bike ride tonight and it was really nice.
I have heard if that show but haven't seen it. May have to check it out.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...these guys on Yellowstone are baaaaddd. Kevin Costner is the owner of a 200,000 acre ranch and everyone is out to get it. They kill people like they are flies and dump them at the "train station" which is a cliff.

They get branded with a "Y" and that means they belong to the ranch for life. Kevin's one son, Kayce is an ex SEAL and the other son is a wimp lawyer. The daughter is as evil as they come but is 100% for dad and the ranch. She and the wimpy brother hate each other and one time while they were in a car together she was calling him a faggot and says, "well Jamie, what are you going to do with Bill, suck his d like there's a prize in it? Every other word is f. In the bunkhouse is a complete reloading set up with all kinds of powder and bullets.

The first time I saw an episode it left me with the willies, thinking, "these people are wicked". Horses, guns and all the stuff we like are in it. They all drive dually Ram pick up trucks.

It's filmed in Montana (mostly) and cowboy attitudes prevail. ZERO liberal crud.... The ranch hands are tough hombres and the gals are just as rough.

Go to you tube and watch some trailers....it's captivating and right down our alley.....like I said earlier, I'm no TV guy but this S is gooooooooood.------000006

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellows ... gws-wiz-hp

This guy is the ramrod on the ranch
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSIyP1GOZXE

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's tempting but I really don't need ANOTHER 22... What I need ( want) is a small caliber ( centerfire ) levergun.

Dragged out my generator yesterday, open the gas shutoff, flip the choke and push the GO button. Fired right up! Haven't run it in months. Plugged in a circular saw to make sure the genset is making lectricity. Just trying to be ready for this latest storm season. Need to fill my gas cans too.
Neighbors son left last Saturday for the Florida Keys, I'm sure he has had to turn around with Elsa on the way.

Looks like another hot & hummid day here. Sure wish it would SNOW!

I haven't seen Yellowstone, I've seen the trailers but it just didn't seem like a real s c e n e r I o with all the killings and such... too much hollweird in it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Kinda like a western version of the Sopranos. :D
I just can't imagine living like that. There's no way someone can murder THAT many people and get away with it, unless you're in government. :D

The smallest levergun I have is .357. It's actually a great rifle cartridge and very easy to load in bulk.
I only have one 32-20. It's a wall hanger 73 and kind of rough. It would probably shoot though. I wish it was in better shape. It has a factory 26" octagon barrel (rare length) and a set trigger.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

HOW COME I GOTTA BE THE ONE EATING HOT DOGS WITH VEINS??? WHATS UP WIFF DAT? Hope you all had a good holiday. We did have hot dogs but no veins!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jay as far as Yelowstone killing that many people getting away with it..as you know ai lived in Montana and we had several "disappeared" cases a year. Just sayin.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

fordwannabe wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:26 pm HOW COME I GOTTA BE THE ONE EATING HOT DOGS WITH VEINS??? WHATS UP WIFF DAT? Hope you all had a good holiday. We did have hot dogs but no veins!
Ha! I LOVE IT.......the response, not the veins........

Of course Yellowstone is violent beyond reality........just like all of the liberal S you see on TV is beyond reality.....not every white girl has a black boyfriend......

It's just good entertainment the way I see life......

95 and climbing.......73 indoors.......even the cat is lazy and taking up my iPad space.....and obviously is not hungry with a mockingbird bird looking on
Last edited by Jay Bird on Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Mocking birds are neat! If you are outside and hear a bird call that doesn't sound 'right' it's a mocking bird. They have quite a repartee of odd sounds.

Vein-bone... Might be your new handle! :lol:

Not as brutally hot or oppressively humid today but still too much of both for my taste! I got home and all the plants were looking kinda punky. Dragged the hose out to water, of course Winnie and Parker had to get watered too! Claro tries to hide but 50' of hose doesn't let her get too far away.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wife and I took the Jeep down to Boothbay Harbor for some shrimp and clams on the pier today. Some cold beer and good company.
After lunch, she wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens. The Army corps of engineers built some trolls along the many trails through the gardens and woods.
Good thing she's cute! Probably wouldn't have gone on my own. We had a great time though.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I would definitely say Cute with a capital C. You're a lucky guy :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm I would definitely say Cute with a capital C. You're a lucky guy :mrgreen:
Thanks buddy! Haha I am VERY lucky. Thank God every day.
Don't know what she sees in this old hick. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

dunno Gunny......I think today was worse than yesterday.....more humid.......yesterday I was cutting the cattails with the pushmower, got halfway through, shut it off and left the mower right there. Walked outside today, felt the humidity and came back in......'posed to be worse tomorrow.....I'll let you handle all that while I'm in the AC......
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahaha it's funny you posted those pics buddy! I got a big chuckle!
The first one we come to was the one holding the tree. I told Kristy to walk under it, reach up, and hold his sack so I could take a picture. She wouldn't do it! Can you believe that? Even for a handsome feller like me!
The other one, I thought, looked like he was reeling up to rip one out. I said as much too.

Hey, could you tell in the pics with me in em I had a Glock 19 in appendix carry?
I know, I know.......I should have had my Colt Commander. It was a little humid, and we walked a couple miles through the woods. I don't care if I sweat all over a Glock. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

You know Jay that is exactly how I feel about AR's and Glocks. I have cool (in my opinion) lever guns a neat M1A, some pretty accurate bolt guns for distance, and they are GUNS, to be revered, handled carefully ect. Glocks and AR's.... tools only. Wipe em off when done and make sure they are functioning on a regular basis, and put them back in their spot for the next time you need them. I have a nice set of snap -on wrenches I feel the same way about.
What wrong with being a hick? I like most hicks waaaaay better than uppity suits.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Right on FW. I take care of all my guns. But Glocks and stuff like that are tools. I don't worry about em a bit. And, they are pretty tough anyway. After sweating all over that 19 all day, it still looked fine. I wiped it down when I got home, and it's ready for more.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Nope...didn't know you were carrying heat......on a serious note those big guys are really cool.....can you tell us a little about them? Like, are they solid or is it wood over a metal frame? That is some serious art and must be a bit scared for kids.--006
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The trolls are interesting, yes the construction I wonder about too.
As for Glocks, yes exactly a tool. It'll be there every time and it'll work. At one time Glock had an M17 that was shot daily with close to 1 million rounds through it. No parts changed either. My G23 has been put through the ringer. Shot underwater, frozen in a block of ice, dropped, kicked, tossed you name it. It's an original ( before different 'gens' were thought of) , 3 digit number. The Tinnifer finish on the steel is just about worn off. Heck I'd get home from school and as I opened the door I'd hand it to the dog and she would go tinkle then bring it back to me( wouldn't do her business without something in her mouth) the ONLY part I have changed in it is the extractor. The early guns were known for chipping the bottom corner. They may be ugly, plastic but they work!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Morning boys. Yeah, there is a wood frame under the outside, but it is mostly hollow. The one reeling up and looking like it's gonna rip one is the exception. I overhead the guy that works there say the engineers said it wouldn't support itself. That extended leg is concrete underneath.

Funny you mentioned kids being scared.....
Kristy and I are terrible people. We were talking about running down the trail screaming "Run! They are alive and eating everyone! It's a slaughter!" I said I could fire some shots and say "I'll hold em off, Run!" We got the biggest laugh out of that!
We don't belong in public. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That would have made the news for sure!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That would have been the "mighty rip" of all time and possibly could be heard out to Fred's way.....the smell! You'd think you were walking in any inner city.

96 and climbing.......even the mighty 6 knows his limits.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Rules of grammer and the English language------Mod.----1.......Porky-----0
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's 75 here. Nice out. Cleaning up the wife's Grand Cherokee. We are picking up my parents heading for Alaska in the morning. Can't wait to see everyone.
I will still try and post while I'm there. Maybe get some pics on.

Oh! And before you boys get any ideas, of the buffalo coat persuasion......
The middle and oldest boys will be here on pet and guard duty. I left specific instructions to be on the look out for any shady characters. Especially ones with big furry coats.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay....and may you and your family have a great one.

If your looking for investments to bring down your way, always keep your eye out for bear/wolf traps......never know......at some small hole in the wall junk dealer ya might just find one....any trap with the name Newhouse is worth money...you can retire on a Newhouse with a pan number 2535. I have a real #6 that will snap a 4x4......I've been told......never could get the strength to set it......

While your headed west through Minnesota why don't you stop by and pick up Pitchy...I bet he would go and would also be a great source for fixing anything along with great conversation. There's a couple other porkers nearby on the way who would go and those you could give them a one way ticket.

I'd ask you to pick me up but Donald Trump is stopping over for some political maneuvering.

Don't forget your coat when your in gunshops......and don't waste your energy on anything made in S.A. or Italy.----006