Media's selective editing of Pence (just like Trump)

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Media's selective editing of Pence (just like Trump)

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 am

What Mike Pence REALLY said about 'smoking':

"In the coming weeks, Americans are going to be treated with the worst kind of Washington-speak regarding the tobacco legislation currently being considered by the Congress and Attorney Generals from forty different states. We will hear about the scourge of tobacco and the resultant premature deaths. We will hear about how this phalanx of government elites has suddenly grown a conscience after decades of subsidizing the product which, we are now told, “kills millions of Americans each year”.

Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill. In fact, 2 out of every three smokers does not die from a smoking related illness and 9 out of ten smokers do not contract lung cancer. This is not to say that smoking is good for you … news flash: smoking is not good for you. If you are reading this article through the blue haze of cigarette smoke you should quit.

The relevant question is, what is more harmful to the nation, second hand smoke or back handed big government disguised in do-gooder healthcare rhetoric.

Even a conservative like me would support government big enough to protect us from foreign threats and threats to our domestic tranquility but the tobacco deal goes to the next level. Government big enough to protect us from our own stubborn wills. And a government of such plenary power, once conceived will hardly stop at tobacco. Surely the scourge of fatty foods and their attendant cost to the health care economy bears some consideration. How about the role of caffeine in fomenting greater stress in the lives of working Americans? Don’t get me started about the dangers of sports utility vehicles!"

Those of you who find the tobacco deal acceptable should be warned as you sit, reading this magazine, sipping a cup of hot coffee with a hamburger on your mind for lunch. A government big enough to go after smokers is big enough to go after you.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

piller
Posting leader...

Re: Media's selective editing of Pence (just like Trump)

#2 Post by piller » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:13 am

I like what I know of Mike Pence. President Trump made a good choice for VP in my opinion.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Media's selective editing of Pence (just like Trump)

#3 Post by FWiedner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:02 pm

piller wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:13 am
I like what I know of Mike Pence. President Trump made a good choice for VP in my opinion.
Thus far, and as Vice-President, he impresses me as a man of integrity.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.