Oregon Rebellion....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Oregon Rebellion....

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:35 am

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Oregon Rebellion....

#2 Post by mikld » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 am

I have lived in So. Oregon for only 10 years and this is the first time I've heard of this. Local news is lacking with a 3 sheet local newspaper, broadcast news coverage limited to a small, local area of the state. I'm still looking for the State of Jefferson Movement to be discussed in the state legislature...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by Bill in Oregon » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 am

As a third-generation Oregonian who lived most of my life there, I weep for what the Beaver State has become. :cry:

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by marlinman93 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Bill in Oregon wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 am
As a third-generation Oregonian who lived most of my life there, I weep for what the Beaver State has become. :cry:
Amen Bill! My family settled here in the 1840's and King's Valley out West of Corvallis is named after my ancestor who settled it first. When I look at the population explosion, and the type of people contained mostly in the explosion, it makes me just shake my head. I long for Tom McCall and his "come to visit, but please don't stay" motto. He caught a lot of flack for that, but there are many who look back now and wish it had caught on!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by mikld » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:29 pm

When I came to Oregon I left everything CA behind in CA. I got a drivers license, auto registration, changed all account info/addresses, utilities, bank accounts, everything changed over within the first month of arrival. I was fed up with all the CA craziness, weird politics, unfair/unjust laws and "freedom" granted to non citizens/illegals. I do remember a few years ago seeing a bumper sticker that read "Welcome to Oregon, now go home". Unfortunately some of the folks I have met here brought their CA thinking with them...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...

piller
Posting leader...

#6 Post by piller » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:05 pm

I have relatives in Oregon who worked in the timber industry. They do not like what has happened.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#7 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Bill in Oregon wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 am
Certainly the nick-name "Beaver State" is far more suggestive of something far more furry and wonderful than Indiana's "Hoosier State" nick-name.... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Ray Newman
Senior Levergunner

#8 Post by Ray Newman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Nothing really new. I lived in the San Francisco bay Area 1967-2001 and there was always talk about northern California and southern Oregon creating a new state called Jefferson or joining Idaho.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

#9 Post by marlinman93 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:37 am

One of the biggest offenders in Oregon today is our own governor, Kate Brown. Sister to Jerry Brown, former governor of Ca. She's had a political history of getting democrap offices given to her that dates back to her early years. In several instances when someone vacated an office the liberal party got her appointed to the office, and thus she was able to finish out the terms and get reelected. That's how she became an Oregon legislator, secretary of state, and then governor.
She's brought her Ca. ideas, and thinking to Oregon and shoved them down our throats. Unfortunately Oregon hasn't had a conservative governor since Vic Attiyeh, and I don't see that changing.

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

#10 Post by earlmck » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:31 pm

That's a nicely drawn map -- I'd like being in this "Greater Idaho". It also includes my favorite part of California; 20 years ago the wife and I considered retiring to Cedarville, CA but rejected the idea because I couldn't bear the thought of having CA license plates (and all that goes with it).
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry

Blaine
Posting leader...

#11 Post by Blaine » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 pm

It all applies to Washington, as well....The frackin' 'Crats own all the state government. :evil:
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.

The Opposite Of Politically Correct Is NOT Intentionally Rude.

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

#12 Post by jdad » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 am

mikld wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:29 pm
When I came to Oregon I left everything CA behind in CA. I got a drivers license, auto registration, changed all account info/addresses, utilities, bank accounts, everything changed over within the first month of arrival. I was fed up with all the CA craziness, weird politics, unfair/unjust laws and "freedom" granted to non citizens/illegals.
We did exactly the same thing when my wife was transferred here 16 years ago. Unfortunately, the last 6-7 years has seen the CITY of Portland trying to compete with Seattle and SF, to become 3rd world. We live about 12 miles south of Portland, but the human debris is starting to filter this way.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

#13 Post by marlinman93 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:36 am

I was born in Portland almost 70 years ago, and as a kid I recall the signs at city limits reading population 280,000. Now the population is about 10 times that in the city and close perimeter to Portland. That kind of population growth has all the makings of a change in political outlook, and usually tends to take any normal city to a left leaning city. It doesn't matter what state the city is in. If the population gets over a million I guarantee it will be left leaning in general. Big populations are magnets for liberals.

BeeKay
Levergunner

#14 Post by BeeKay » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 am

marlinman93 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:36 am
I was born in Portland almost 70 years ago, and as a kid I recall the signs at city limits reading population 280,000. Now the population is about 10 times that in the city and close perimeter to Portland. That kind of population growth has all the makings of a change in political outlook, and usually tends to take any normal city to a left leaning city. It doesn't matter what state the city is in. If the population gets over a million I guarantee it will be left leaning in general. Big populations are magnets for liberals.

It's really hard to figure out how / why some people just don't understand the corrolation between population density and life quality.
It seems to me that governments and big business are totally capitalizing on our lack of insight by creating a nation where growth, education and health care are the only remaining industries... Til resources are gone and then there's nothing.

But another thing that's frightening is the liberal agenda to abolish the electoral college... To make a bad situation worse.
People should be required to pass a civic awareness exam before they can vote.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

#15 Post by marlinman93 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:17 am

BeeKay wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 am
marlinman93 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:36 am

People should be required to pass a civic awareness exam before they can vote.
Amen!!!

piller
Posting leader...

#16 Post by piller » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Making people become aware of the needs of others is often impossible. Making them aware of how our Country works can be as frustrating as teaching Shakespeare to a pig. A test for understanding would probably fall into line with our founders ideas. As far as passing a test that would show my understanding of their ideas and ideals, I would sure try.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

BeeKay
Levergunner

#17 Post by BeeKay » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Yes - People have been discussing this for at least 10 yrs.
Southern CA won't let it happen, because then they'd have to pay more for water that comes from 'Up North' in their State.
The whole concept of CA is about getting water downstate to the bustling SoCal megalopolis... And watering crops in the Central Valley as well.
Water in the desert doesn't happen by itself.
The BIG money is down there and I don't believe that it will ever happen, because of that. It would be a nice surprise if it did though.