Good argument on 'Electoral College' system...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Good argument on 'Electoral College' system...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 pm

I'd never heard the 'China' argument before - read the article, and I think you could use that to EASILY neutralize even the most die-hard LibTard who advocates 'one person, one vote' for the U.S.

https://mises.org/wire/why-one-man-one-vote-doesnt-work

Their point is that suppose we have a worldwide body like the U.N., and public policy for the world is being voted on....should China get one vote for every citizen....? Obviously then Switzerland or the left's beloved Denmark, or even the U.S. that the left despises so much, would not even need to bother participating.

The same would go for the U.S. states other than California, New York, and Texas. Of course places like Indiana and other redneck places are easy to dismiss if you're a self-anointed 'progresssssive', but next time you're in such a discussion, try the 'China analogy'...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Good argument on 'Electoral College' system...

#2 Post by Blaine » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 am

I'm really tired of having to rationalize law that is enumerated in the US Constitution. We should not have to negociate rights or procedures. Change the law or change the amendment, but don't pee down our back and tell us it's raining. 8)
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.

Ysabel Kid

Re: Good argument on 'Electoral College' system...

#3 Post by Ysabel Kid » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Blaine wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 am
I'm really tired of having to rationalize law that is enumerated in the US Constitution. We should not have to negociate rights or procedures. Change the law or change the amendment, but don't pee down our back and tell us it's raining. 8)
Remember, to the left, any law that does not produce the results they want is "unfair". The whole lot of them are the equivalent to the 3 year old who doesn't get his or her way... :roll: :evil: