Upside-down world, values, religion, and politics...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Upside-down world, values, religion, and politics...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Just - wow - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... -blockers/

I don't approve of hating anyone, even if they do strange things, but we are now in a situation where if we don't endorse, approve of, and pay for, the strange things others want to do, WE are the 'intolerant' ones.

There is a huge difference between 'positive and negative liberty'. The 'negative' ones are the only ones the government has any say-so over, and they are to protect them.

In other words, the government protects you from me taking your stuff (a 'negative' liberty), it doesn't support me taking your stuff (my 'positive' liberty). Confusing political semantics, I know....

http://www.friesian.com/quiz.htm explains it better than I can...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Ysabel Kid

Re: Upside-down world, values, religion, and politics...

#2 Post by Ysabel Kid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:51 pm

AJMD429 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:12 pm
Just - wow - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... -blockers/

I don't approve of hating anyone, even if they do strange things, but we are now in a situation where if we don't endorse, approve of, and pay for, the strange things others want to do, WE are the 'intolerant' ones.

There is a huge difference between 'positive and negative liberty'. The 'negative' ones are the only ones the government has any say-so over, and they are to protect them.

In other words, the government protects you from me taking your stuff (a 'negative' liberty), it doesn't support me taking your stuff (my 'positive' liberty). Confusing political semantics, I know....

http://www.friesian.com/quiz.htm explains it better than I can...
I dunno... after watching vast numbers of Muslims dancing in their streets after 9/11, I doubt I'll ever be able to forgive them... :evil: :evil: :evil:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#3 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Yeah, I guess I can go along with 'hating' those who hate, at least those who express their hate with violence and not just speech. I won't lump ALL Muslims in that group, any more than I'd lump in ALL Christians or ALL of any religious group, but it sure seems like the current crop of Muslims has quite a number of them who believe in killing infidels. As far as I know there is no other major religion that does anything more than knock on doors and hand out pamphlets, or preach at you that you're not going to be saved.

I once calculated that a higher percentage of U.S. Muslims had committed murders than U.S. gun permit holders, yet of course we CCW people are eyed with suspicion by the 'news' media, whereas the Muslims, even the ones who pull a young woman's fingernails out with a pair of pliers, do the same with her clitoris, then pass her around to their fellow 'religious scholars' to be raped, are shielded by the 'mainstream news' media...
Austere Religious Scholar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by Grizz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:54 pm

or preach at you that you're not going to be saved.
OR preach how you can be saved, and know that you are saved.

It is Christ who commissioned His followers, the believers, to preach, and what to preach, and to whom.

In Colossians believers are instructed to warn every man and teach every man...

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ABOUT THE WORLD BEING UPSIDE DOWN, and your astute observation is prophesied in the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#5 Post by AJMD429 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:22 pm

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by piller » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:43 am

I do not know that I hate certain people, but I am profoundly unconcerned with keeping them alive. Should a terrorist find his or her way to be in my sights, I wouldn't feel anything but recoil. Why waste time and energy hating someone who is not worthy of your concern?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost