Sniper Contest announced (unofficial/suggestion)

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Sniper Contest announced (unofficial/suggestion)

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Since surprisingly [ :roll: ] the 'tough gun laws' of Mexico, and the 'tough drug laws' in the U.S. haven't done much to slow down cartel violence in Mexico, and due to THIS kind of atrocity, I think we should have a contest between the Army Snipers, the Navy Seals Snipers and the Marine Snipers, sending ten members each to Mexico, to see which team can rack up the most kills of cartel members during the next 100 days. After the contest, so the Air Force doesn't feel left out, they can send in a couple A10 Warthogs, or Apache gunships to clean up the leftovers. :evil:
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.01.20 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Sniper Contest announced (unofficial/suggestion)

#2 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Then I guess Mexico is an amazing success story in other ways too. When they found some of the injured children they were airlifted to the United States to receive medical care. That's really odd, because I thought Mexico had a socialized healthcare system that was the envy of the world. :roll:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Blaine
Posting leader...

#3 Post by Blaine » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:41 pm

My cynical side says that they were targeted, not 'caught in a crossfire'.......I wonder if there is a "rest of the story" here.... Even the Amish have a drug mafia. Just thinking out loud.
:idea:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:16 pm

The Mormons in general are very anti-drug (anti alcohol, and even against using caffeine for abusive purposes - i.e. living an unnaturally energized lifestyle). They also aren't known for bending to the will of governments or criminals. The end result is they wind up a lot like Jews - killed off when someone decides they are heathens or whatever. Like Jews (at least in Israel), many of them are willing, able, and trained in the skills of self-defense, including with firearms. I've known many of them, and although a few are self-anointed hypocrites like Mitt Romney, most are salt-of-the-earth types who make good friends and neighbors.

Here's a documentary about it from 7 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc

I like the quote where the interviewer said of Brent Lebaron "...he seemed to be more American than most Americans..." In many ways, that describes most of the Mormons I've met who stayed in the U.S. and went along with the 'reformed' church and discontinued polygamy. Ironically the cartel drug dealers are nominally 'Christian' and have little shrines where they pray for successful drug deals... :roll:

Some of the Lebaron ancestors were crooks and weirdos, but you find that in just as many families of any religious persuasion (there was recently even a bunch of Buddhist murders I think), but if you look at the kind of people who settled the American West, many of them were straddling the law, including lots of the sheriffs. You had to be tough to survive, and I think Mexico even today isn't all that much different than our West was 200 years ago.

Ysabel Kid

#5 Post by Ysabel Kid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:41 pm

I LOVE this idea. A lot better than invading Mexico, if for no other reason than it being much more cost efficient in the short and long run. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Looks like it is time for the Mormons to unleash their "Avenging Angels" once again...

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by piller » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:43 am

Rockwell Porter and the Danites were reputed to be great friends and dangerous enemies. One of my Great Aunts married into a Mormon family. My cousins do not have any respect for Mitt Romney.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

Blaine
Posting leader...

#7 Post by Blaine » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:12 pm

The only "rest of the story" seems to be a family member that was kidnapped for ransom, and the family took action against the Cartel....YMMV
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)