Creepy how many GUNS these 'agencies' have...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Creepy how many GUNS these 'agencies' have...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:11 pm

I just ran across this article again, and it is just as creepy now as it was before...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrze ... -agencies/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Ray
Senior Levergunner

Re: Creepy how many GUNS these 'agencies' have...

#2 Post by Ray » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 pm

sometime in 2014 i got a letter from the Dallas office, H.H.S.-O.I.G. "requesting" me to cease and desist from having a background and credit check done on a tenant.....

long story but when your spidey sense makes you suspicious, don't ask a probable illegal alien potential tenant for a govt. issued photo i.d. or in lieu of that, getting a basic $19.99 criminal/credit report.....

odd that the letter came from H.H.S. region 6 and the rental property in question is in region 4.....
m.A.g.a. !

wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: Creepy how many GUNS these 'agencies' have...

#3 Post by wm » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:18 pm

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/u-s-border- ... -1.1338207

and it goes on and on ……. At least CBP is a recognized law enforcement agency. But I suppose any agency that has regulations to enforce, particularly ones that people have a economic interest in skirting the regulations, has a reason to arm some of their investigators. I've heard first hand accounts of how 'mobbed up' the meat cutting/packing industry is in different regions so as strange as it is to hear the USDA has armed investigators it maybe isn't too surprising. Ditto bank investigators. Or even building inspectors.

My Uncle was a Fire Captain (1970 to 1982) in this medium sized city and was responsible for investigating possible arson events and commercial buildings for code violations. The Sheriff saw fit to deputize him (over the objections of the Police Chief) and issued him a badge, handcuffs, and a S&W model 10 snub nose revolver. It wasn't entirely out of the ordinary for there to be a "false alarm" resulting in the rolling out a fire truck and a dozen firemen with axes and picks around the corner from a location that was expected to be tense meeting of Fire Captain and property owners.

Even today most of the EMT in the tri county area have CPL and carry on duty (ankle holsters …… only group, en masse, I've ever known to gravitate in that direction).

You wouldn't think firemen and EMT who get called to help people would need protection but sometimes they do.

Wm