Always some have to stain the reputation of others

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Always some have to stain the reputation of others

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:40 am

https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/ ... record-it/

I hate to see stuff like that, but I'm glad there are people trying to keep them honest.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

piller
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Always some have to stain the reputation of others

#2 Post by piller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 am

Most people need some reminder that there are others watching. It is simply a human condition. Not everyone is dishonest, and I am not implying that everyone is bad. I am just pointing out that most people need a reminder. There are some people who are totally honest, and we should find them and keep them in our lives when we can. The problem with people in positions of authority being dishonest is that it is difficult to fix it once it happens, and even more so when they are the ones who check up on themselves. Perhaps that is why the good cops hate a bad one so much.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by FWiedner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am

I thought that this was an interesting article from the same website:

https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/ ... ce-forces/

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

Blaine
Posting leader...

#4 Post by Blaine » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:59 am

FWiedner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am
I thought that this was an interesting article from the same website:

https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/ ... ce-forces/

Human Rights Defense Center
They rate right up there with The Southern Poverty Law Center. You're outrage is denied. :P
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by piller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Fred, I assume you are pointing out the lack of journalistic integrity in the article that you linked. The words used are certainly not intended to treat the issue fairly. Even mentioning Ferguson, MO with a slant such as was in there is enough to make a thinking person realize that the author has no intention of being fair or honest.
D. Brian Casady

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by FWiedner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 pm

I don't give weight to deydindonuffin stories the likes of Ferguson.

The issue of the article that interests me is the increasing likelihood that cops will shoot first and ask questions later.

As you are aware (Brian) it's happened a couple of times recently, right here in River City.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by piller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:07 pm

I see your point. I was distracted by the way the writer tried to use Barry Hussain O's child as a poster child.
D. Brian Casady

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#8 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:50 pm

The article https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/ ... ce-forces/ was definitely one with an 'attitude' although I will concede the point that WORLDWIDE, "police" (and military acting as a police force inside their own nations) kill FAR more innocent citizens than murderers and terrorists combined.

However, to use the U.S. as an 'example' is a bit disingenuous, since for every Kent State we have, some other nation has a Tiananmen Square; we are orders of magnitude safer from our police and standing army than most nations are.

Unfortunately, with the "drug war" we created a situation where instead of the government dealing only with crime, and leaving vice to the church to define and force within their congregations, the church handed over their moral authority to the government, so the government became the 'morality police'. When you have laws against things that a large number of people do, and feel should be legal, such as drinking alcohol, you create not only a black market, but a defiant attitude towards laws and those who enforce them, and a lack of respect for individuals who would go out into the community and use violence to enforce laws against 'vice' instead of actual 'crime'. 'Vice' doesn't kill or injure anyone, or steal or vandalize from anyone, or violate contracts, or commit slander, so really isn't the government's business. Yes, getting drunk and driving and killing someone DOES kill, and THAT is negligent homicide, and getting hooked on booze so bad you rob and steal for booze money IS theft, and already illegal.

Add to that already bad situation the most divisive presidency ever, particularly when it comes to 'race', and under Obama's watch everything became about 'race', so blacks could do no wrong, and whites could do no right. Tempers flared, criminals became more belligerent and defiant, and weren't even kept in jail if it would make the police look like they weren't "inclusive" enough. Besides, jails were full of people who wouldn't likely even be there if it weren't for "prohibition", so in addition to the non-violent, non-criminal types turned loose to make room, inevitably some who were robbers and killers got turned loose as well.

So now cops are nervous, and I don't blame them - people come up and shoot them in the back when they are out having lunch. Citizens are nervous, because they know cops are on edge - and armed. Most citizens will never be in a 'confrontation' with a cop, so really don't need to worry, but if in the midst of a traffic stop or whatever, they'd better behave and not move too fast or act belligerent.

The sad part is that if you just got rid of the 1% or so of the population that are violent criminals, and the 1% or so of the cops who have 'attitudes' or are incompetent, all the rest of us could have a great time, be safe, and get along.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "