walmart

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
4t5
Levergunner 2.0

walmart

#1 Post by 4t5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Reuters is reporting WALMART to stop selling handgun and .."SHORT BARREL RIFLE AMMUNITION". ignorance is apparent!

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: walmart

#2 Post by vancelw » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:38 pm

4t5 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 pm
Reuters is reporting WALMART to stop selling handgun and .."SHORT BARREL RIFLE AMMUNITION". ignorance is apparent!
My thoughts,too.
What, exactly, is short-barreled rifle ammunition? I have several different calibers of carbines, trapped and encore/contender pistol barrels.

I also have a Tac-14 in 12 and a short barrel 20. But they say they are going to continue selling shotgun shells.

It's a bonus for Academy and online sellers.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle

Blaine
Posting leader...

#3 Post by Blaine » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Target Sports USA
Bulk ammo
Free shipping
A Man's Manners Are A Mirror In Which He Shares His Portrait. :idea:
I won't tolerate rude behavior in a man. :evil:
:wink: UnPoofed, and Still Using My OWN Forum Account. No "Glitches" here.

4t5
Levergunner 2.0

#4 Post by 4t5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:18 pm

I love Target Sports USA, and it's only an hour ride if needed. :D

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#5 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:37 pm

Blaine wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 pm
Target Sports USA
Bulk ammo
Free shipping
Yep.... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by piller » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 pm

My wife works at Wally World, and I have not bought ammo from them in years. Sam was a decent sort, but that daughter of his who was Hillary's lover is certainly ruining the company.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by OldWin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:07 am

Apparently, they saw how well that business plan worked for Dick's, and want to jump on board.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

#8 Post by 66GTO » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:31 am

I have added Walmart to my do not patronize list, along with Dick's and Target. I just sent them an email telling them why:

"Walmart's decision to stop selling handgun and certain rifle ammunition, along with the pulling of handguns and AR style rifles has reluctantly caused me to boycott Walmart stores. Sam Walton must be turning over in his grave.

Using Walmart's reasoning you should also ban all alcohol sales and close your liquor stores. There are over 10,000 deaths in the U.S. every year from drunken drivers. If Walmart is serious about its corporate responsibility it should do its part by banning the sale of alcohol. By your reasoning it would be worth depriving responsible adults of alcohol in order to prevent that small percentage of drunk drivers from committing mayhem. Be consistent Walmart. Lets see you ban alcohol sales. Just do it. But you won't.

Walmart is denying law abiding citizens the access to the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. If the companies reasoning is to reduce gun violence then your reasoning is fallacious. 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding. I have been a gun owner and sports shooter all of my life. Never once have I assaulted anyone with a firearm. I am not mentally ill, a paranoid schizophrenic, or a sociopath like those folks who commit the crimes Walmart is ostensibly is trying to prevent.

Guess I'll do my shopping with Amazon from now on. Bye bye Walmart."
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson