Chris Cox Resigns

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Chris Cox Resigns

#1 Post by Rimfire McNutjob » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Well, now things are getting sideways at the NRA. The Vichy survives though ... as OI would say. Will he go the distance?

Article

Better Article
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Chris Cox Resigns

#2 Post by AJMD429 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:22 am

As long as they are the go-to organization for defending gun rights, the politics within will be an issue.

I still support the GOA, SAF, and CCRKBA, because they have more influence in the courtroom and legislature than most people think, but it is still the NRA that the politicians fear, because only that organization can get 10,000 letters and calls on an issue in a few days.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#3 Post by BlaineG » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm

AJMD429 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:22 am
As long as they are the go-to organization for defending gun rights, the politics within will be an issue.

I still support the GOA, SAF, and CCRKBA, because they have more influence in the courtroom and legislature than most people think, but it is still the NRA that the politicians fear, because only that organization can get 10,000 letters and calls on an issue in a few days.
It's been a long time ago, but when I was a member of GOA, I got this feeling they were talking down to me and trying to make me feel guilty if I didn't send money to them on a regular basis.
I know, I know...NRA is asking for money all the time, too.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by Rimfire McNutjob » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Our own version of Palace Intrigue I suppose. I actually had no idea there was a coup attempt by Oliver North. Gun wise, I suppose my head has generally been stuck in the sand for the last few years as most of my extra money seems to go toward these 'older' kids that I have.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by FWiedner » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:30 pm

My inital impression was that North was trying to pull off some kind of coup, but the more I hear about how he is trying to call attention to the fact that LaPierre and his cronies are living a bit too large on our annual dues, the less I believe the bad poop about North.

Mr. LaPierre has been top dog for a long time. Might be time for a sea-change.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.