'Humane' execution...??

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

'Humane' execution...??

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:45 pm

So these states keep disallowing executions due to challenges that he 'lethal injection' isn't free of pain or angst, or isn't available.... :?:

As one at least passingly familiar with pharmacology and physiology, I'm just not convinced that killing someone, once there was intravenous access, would be AT ALL difficult to do 'humanely'. Just use the same stuff given every day for major surgery, then once they are out, give a lethal dose of any number of heart-stopping drugs. NOT difficult, not hard to get, and not 'inhumane'. Not 'FDA approved' I suppose.... :roll:

Perrsonally, I'm not convinced that a criminal bad enough to need executed should be spared 'pain and angst', either.

I think the death-row person should be given a choice between:

a) donate body to research/experimentation for potentially dangerous drugs or procedures, followed by humane lethal injection, and hope for some consequent redemption in the next life.

b) choose between hanging, a shotgun slug to the head, or a shotgun slug to the heart, saving taxpayers all the money for the lethal injection setup (which you just know is horribly over-priced since done by government).

I guess I'm getting mean in my old age.....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

Re: 'Humane' execution...??

#2 Post by Sixgun » Thu May 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Naaaaa Doc, your not getting mean...your just getting old....and getting old means you have learned a thing or two.....(btw, I just got my Medicare card and it takes effect in July)

Bad people don't understand reasoning or have compassion nor are they afraid of prison......but.....they understand death especially when it comes to them. The death penalty is a needed deterrent.

Hell, just go to You Tube and type in "WW 2 executions".....I've watched a shytload of them and the Germans who were sentenced to death after being shot by a firing squad drop right over.......the ones being hung don't move when the rope is stretched.

If you want to see how the ragheads kill gay people they just throw em off the roof of a five story adobe....(they don't have steel or lumber yet). .....(live Leaks)....when the body hits the ground they are motionless.

During the French Revolution thousands of people had their heads guillotined.....none of the dead was ever noticed to wince in pain.

Common in old times where they have elephants to use the "pressing method" where the individual is condemned is to place their head on a block of wood and the elephant puts his foot on the head and gives them their weight.

Death from all of these is instantaneous....why waste a perfectly good sterile needle....6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#3 Post by AJMD429 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Since 3/4ths of violent crimes are committed by previously convicted violent criminals, I'm guessing violent crime would drop at least 75% if they were executed....!

I guess throwing them off the side of a deep quarry full of wild hogs to clean up the mess would be inexpensive too.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by FWiedner » Fri May 31, 2019 12:23 am

I'm in the school which teaches that convicted murderers/violent offenders should be executed using the same method as was inflicted upon their victims.

If their victim died by being strangled with their own shoelaces, drowned under a capsized kayak, was hacked to death using a machete, or bludgeoned with a rock, so be it.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#5 Post by gamekeeper » Fri May 31, 2019 2:40 am

FWiedner wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:23 am

I'm in the school which teaches that convicted murderers/violent offenders should be executed using the same method as was inflicted upon their victims.

If their victim died by being strangled with their own shoelaces, drowned under a capsized kayak, was hacked to death using a machete, or bludgeoned with a rock, so be it.

:|
There's a lot of merit in that idea.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by piller » Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 am

Of course, it would help the family members deal with their grief if they were allowed to perform the executions.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

J Miller
Member Emeritus

#7 Post by J Miller » Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 am

There is too much pomp and ceremony to executions. Just stand the condemned against a wall and put a bullet between his eyes. Quick and efficient. No fuss, no muss.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#8 Post by AJMD429 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:39 pm

piller wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 am
Of course, it would help the family members deal with their grief if they were allowed to perform the executions.
That should definitely be an option...

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#9 Post by BlaineG » Fri May 31, 2019 1:53 pm

What do they use on our beloved pets? Seems like the last one I had put down was way less than a hundred bucks, and it was a mercy for him.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#10 Post by jeepnik » Fri May 31, 2019 1:59 pm

The governor of my state just ordered the disassembly of the death chamber here. The French had a wonderfully quick and painless way. The guillotine was quick, effective and to date all indications are 100% effective. But as long as you have politicians and judges who allow their personal opinions to dictate their actions we won't see executions carried out with the rapidity that the citizens have voted for.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

Ray
Levergunner 3.0

#11 Post by Ray » Fri May 31, 2019 5:02 pm

BlaineG wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:53 pm
What do they use on our beloved pets? Seems like the last one I had put down was way less than a hundred bucks, and it was a mercy for him.
Starting with an oxygen feed and then gradually adding nitrogen gas while diminishing the oxygen takes right at four minutes for the heart to stop and all brain waves flat-line at five minutes.....
m.A.g.a. !

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#12 Post by jeepnik » Fri May 31, 2019 6:16 pm

A thought just occurred. If we are executing someone for a hideous crime, why do we want to be kind? We ought to make it hurt as much as possible.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#13 Post by BlaineG » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm

jeepnik wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:16 pm
A thought just occurred. If we are executing someone for a hideous crime, why do we want to be kind? We ought to make it hurt as much as possible.
Dang that pesky Constitution :evil: :wink:
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

octagon
Senior Levergunner

#14 Post by octagon » Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Yeah That " cruel and unsusal " clause can be a real buzzkill. 8)

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

#15 Post by earlmck » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:40 am

From what I hear on the news.... this Fentanyl stuff should be a cheap and easy and totally humane way to take someone out. Apparently doesn't take much to be a deadly overdose.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#16 Post by jeepnik » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 am

octagon wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 pm
Yeah That " cruel and unsusal " clause can be a real buzzkill. 8)
But, is it cruel? Under whose definition? And, it's only unusual because we don't do it that way.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#17 Post by piller » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:05 pm

earlmck wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:40 am
From what I hear on the news.... this Fentanyl stuff should be a cheap and easy and totally humane way to take someone out. Apparently doesn't take much to be a deadly overdose.
Yes, it would fit the bill. No pain, causes the user to enjoy the side effects, and an overdose slows your breathing until it stops and you die vomiting with a smile on your face. Not enough punishment for my wants.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost