The problem with the Internet...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The problem with the Internet...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 pm

...is that Google and FaceBook are run by such self-anointed fascists - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/04/ ... -meltdown/

Yet the young urban academics who WILL be 'the leaders of tomorrow' seem to think anything Google is Gospel.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The problem with the Internet...

#2 Post by Grizz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 pm

everyone gets a lifetime to come to their senses, before the Great White Throne Judgement . . . it's only a matter of time until every human sees LORD Jesus face to face.

Me, I am so looking forward to that day.

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by JerryB » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 pm

AMEN Grizz, see you there. the KJV1611 says that we will be there to watch them hear every idle word spoken.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by Grizz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Yup. Look forward to seeing you there. Most exciting time to live possible. Rapture Soon!

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#5 Post by BlaineG » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 pm

I don't support sin, and I'm far from perfect, but that message greatly conflicts with the message of Grace. Grace, once given, is unconditional love and forgiveness .So grace is favor, "unmerited favor." Grace is, therefore, God's unmerited favor - His goodness toward those who have no claim on, nor reason to expect, divine favor. ... Salvation is not our achievement, but it is a gift from God. At least, that's how many of the pastors that I resepct see it. To greatly simplify it, if that's possible, one knocks on Jesus' door and asks to be let in, and, it a one way door.
Of course, YMMV as one tends to receive what they ask for.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:03 am

which message are you referring to Blaine? Grace is in fact God's unmerited favor, I totally agree with you, and it is in fact available to whosoever calls on the Name of the LORD according to scripture.

this is not, however, blanket salvation. scripture has long lists of of the people who will not enter heaven. not my doing nor God's doing, it is on those who hate God, reject Christ, and don't change their mind.. (repent=change mind)

this is Truth, Christ said it, and He cannot lie.

we agree about Grace. we agree God forgives our sin, but it is applied to those who believe God concerning Christ. and yes, Christ says that he will some day separate the sheep from the goats. His words, not mine.

It does no one any good to proffer a false hope. I take God at His Word because He cannot lie, I trust Christ because He cannot lie. I accept the covering of Christ's Blood shed on the cross for me, and God in his Mercy passes over me because of the Blood. (Passover, a basic principle and picture of salvation).

all of these statements are based on scripture, both OT and NT. I can supply actual quotes if anyone is interested, but we can search google for Bible quotes and get millions of hits. :!:

God's Love in Christ Jesus, Word

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#7 Post by BlaineG » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Good words, good works, and good intentions will not be enough.
A person that believes themselves to be pure and worthy in his mind will still be looked at by the Lord for what's in his heart.
^^^ That's pretty darn close to what our Lord has said.

There's also a whole bunch about "judge Not, lest you be judged and stuff"
Love you like a brother, but you are not qualified to know what's in my heart, or any man's heart.
All the Good Works in the world will not wash away sin.
Jesus, when he died for our sins didn't make a list, he only asked that we accept him. and having done so, We are forgiven, warts and all.
Hell and Fire was in the OT.
Love and Grace is in the NT.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#8 Post by Grizz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:21 am

BlaineG wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:19 pm
Good words, good works, and good intentions will not be enough. this is correct
A person that believes themselves to be pure and worthy in his mind will still be looked at by the Lord for what's in his heart.
^^^ That's pretty darn close to what our Lord has said. pretty darn close is pretty close to wrong
There's also a whole bunch about "judge Not, lest you be judged and stuff" this is also correct; AND the LORD said, "You judge righteous judgement." a command
Love you like a brother, but you are not qualified to know what's in my heart, or any man's heart. this is also true. I am no man's judge. Gods Word is man's judge and we are both subject to it. And we are brothers.
All the Good Works in the world will not wash away sin. this is absolutely true
Jesus, when he died for our sins didn't make a list, he only asked that we accept him. and having done so, We are forgiven, warts and all. there is a list, and Jesus said He will not remember our sins against us
Hell and Fire was in the OT. this is true but not exclusively. everything about salvation, our need of it, and God's provision for it, is in the OT
Love and Grace is in the NT. this is also true, but I believe you are misinformed in this way: Love and Grace is in the OT as well as judgement. Love and Grace are in the NT, in addition to judgement and the lake of fire. You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but that is what your last statement is, an opinion, and it is not informed by scripture. Christ talked more about the lake of fire and who will be in it than any other writer in either testament. this is a true statement and easily checked with a few simple searches. NOT ONLY THAT, but nearly the entire book called Revelation, last one in our common Bible, lists and delineates in GREAT DETAIL the future judgements that will be meted out as our era of history rings to a close.
except for your last statement you and I are in complete agreement, and I love that. I can explicate scripture for hours at a time from both the hebrew and greek points of view, but truth is not about me, it's about YHWH's revelation and Christ's mission. And His Word says that He came to earth to die on the cross and shed His Blood to rescue us from the lake of fire. PLEASE READ THE BIBLE, that's where this comes from. I don't make it up, I just pass it on.

You are welcome to compare me to what scripture says. If you can correct me FROM SCRIPTURE I am enthusiastically open to correction. Opinions are not facts. Facts concerning these topics are covered in full in the Bible.

And besides that, it's my turn to buy lunch, let's catch up soon.

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#9 Post by BlaineG » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:28 am

You are welcome to compare me to what scripture says
Pride goes before the fall.... IOW,

611, King James Version of the Bible, Book of Proverbs, 16:18, Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. ... :wink:

John 3-16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life....
So, let's not get hung up on the timetable....After you have accepted The Way you are forgiven. I'm glad God has more mercy than you do.... :lol:

I'm getting new teef next Friday, so Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday are good. After that, soup for a while.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#10 Post by Grizz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Wed and Thu both OK for me. where at?

I can meet you on your side if you have a spot you like.

Or old stand-by is always good too...