proposed bills coming for vote in md

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
rossim92
Levergunner 3.0

proposed bills coming for vote in md

#1 Post by rossim92 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 pm

house bill # 96, 468, 612, 740, 786, along with senate bill 882, 737, .. I hope these bills die in house or senate or hogan vetoes if passed. far as I'm concerned , if md collected sales tax on heavy barrel ar15, the should at least be granfathered in like the ones bought before 2013, one bil affects these as to only to the ones bought after 2013. I own one! If passed they will confiscate it or it must be sold to approved dealer in other states. Total dang bs. I have email my representatives and have encouraged my son to do also. I voted hogan in for a second term and totally surprised and disgusted as to how far along the independents and republicans have aloowed the usa to tramp on our rights, and I am a lawabiding citizen who pays what taxs I owe. Yep, some of you are right when you mentioned a civil war is coming. Won't be long folks. these bills coming up for vote this week if I read correctly. Please look on the MDshallissue.com or org site . Pelosi has even stated as I have said in an earlier post that since trump has used national emergency to justify building the wall, that future dem president could use national emergency to target guns. :x On side note, If you cannot be killed with a gun from a burgler or robber, they will just start using knife, bats, crowbars or whatever else they can get a hold of. Guns don't kill preople , people kill people.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by rossim92 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 500 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
H&R 12 ga. topper
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Marlin 336W .30.30
Heritage rough rider .22 sa
Taylor smokewagon .357 sa
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: propsed bills coming for vote in md

#2 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:19 pm

'Grandfathering' is a dirty trick that shouldn't be allowed; if something truly IS dangerous and evil and should be prohinited, then it ALL should ben. If it isn't dangerous, or is protected by the Constotutuon, then leave it ALL alone.

Anything else is hypocrisy, designed to pull those who can 'grandfather' their items into apathy. Gun owners fall prey to that frequently.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: propsed bills coming for vote in md

#3 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm

One of the most fundamental flaws in our governmental structure is the failure to allow citizens to vote for more than one candidate per election. That has made it virtually impossible for more than two political parties to be competitive, because if 'A' is perfect and 'Z' is horrible, for a republican to beat a Democrat who is at 'Y' on that scale, all they have to do is be an 'X'. Add to that the fact that there are numerous 'scales' regarding all sorts of criteria from gun-control to education to pollution to health care and so on, and there is really no significant overall pressure to go towards the 'A' end of the scale.

The libertarians are the only party that doesn't want to control everything we do, but few citizens these days really desire (and thus even deserve) freedom; nearly all of us desire freedom for our own occupation or hobbies, or lifestyle choices, but can't wait to trample on our neighbor's freedoms if his job, hobbies, or choice of intoxicant is different. But it isn't rational to "waste a vote" by voting "third party" if you can't also vote for "the lesser evil" just in case. Unfortunately the only times we can vote for more than one candidate is things like city council, school board, or county commissioner.

Even when something happens so there is an election that a libertarian could win, enough people are uncomfortable with the "radical, nutty ideas" of freedom that the statist (either Republican or Democrat) wins. Most Americans these days aren't really comfortable with freedom, and the responsibilities and risks it entails; they'd rather be nice, safe, sheep.

So....we have limitations on free speech, gun control, warrantless searches, property seizure without a crime being committed, and all sorts of due process violations, government controlling education, housing, health care, and taxing everything that moves.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "