This Poster Offended Someone....!

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This Poster Offended Someone....!

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:45 am

1st_mmm_march (2014_04_17 18_23_28 UTC).gif
I've had a copy of this poster in each of my exam rooms for almost 30 years, and received hundreds of positive comments about it, such as "it's nice to know that my physician actually understands the REAL public-health impact of firearms and firearms ownership, because all we [the public] see is the AMA 'crusading for more gun control', which is disgusting."

Amazingly, the patient was someone who grew up in Europe in the last part of the 20th Century, so surely knew first-hand relatives of the NAZI genocide.

His comment was that "a doctor's office is no place for politics".

Sorry - until 'politics' quits taking huge chunks of my income, regulating me to the point that I often don't even have income, telling me what medications I can prescribe, and even what doses I am allowed to prescribe, then on top of that, telling my patients that they can't own effective self-protection devices because of 'public health', MY office IS a place where politics belongs.... :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws[/size]
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This Poster Offended Someone....!

#2 Post by vancelw » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 am

It's hard for me to believe there are some people who still think the Holocaust was a hoax

My wife and I went to Dachau a few years back.
There is no mistaking what those ovens were designed to do.

For the citizens of towns like Dachau to claim they didn't know what was going on in the camps.... :roll:

The smell of burning human flesh is unmistakable.
Most people don't want to face the truth.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by FWiedner » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

What politics? Facts are facts.

Statisticians estimate that 85,000,000 people may have perished during WWII.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by OldWin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:20 pm

If the commute wasn't so far, I'd have you for my Doc!
Do you make house calls to Maine by any chance? I could get you a bunch of new patients. :D
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#5 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:56 pm

I see lots of health warnings in my doctors waiting room etc. but that poster is the ultimate heath warning.
Being unarmed can result in death.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#6 Post by BlaineG » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 pm

It's tough when the CDC is against the 2nd.... :evil: :roll:
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#7 Post by Sixgun » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Everyone has heard..."those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it" or something like that. Posts like this hit a nerve with me.

My mother, born in '29 lived through that. Although relatively wealthy as my GF was a chemical engineer working for the Nazi's, they had little, food was scarce, and she never comprehended why her friends "disappeared" as they lived in a predominantly Jewish area of town. Small children....old people.......innocents of every age group were unmercifully slaughtered. Lives, homes, entire towns, along with their pets and generations of culture were systematically wiped out by the most educated elitists in the world.

YES....This group of people who slaughtered millions were the most educated elitists in the world. Hitler did not do this by himself. It all happened in relatively modern times so don't think it can't happen again.

I've said this before and I'll say it again in a public forum......if someone comes knocking or crashing through my door to confiscate ANY gun that I have......and I've done nothing wrong to generate that invasion, someone is going to die, and I won't be the first.-------6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#8 Post by AJMD429 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah, he saw my NP, so I've not met him yet.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I will certainly make my position on 'guns and public health' clear.

Since GENOCIDE dwarfs the combined effect of firearms murders, firearms suicides, firearms accidents, WARS, terrorists, and most infectious diseases as a cause of INNOXENT human lives lost, 'glossing over' it because it is 'upsetting' is NOT acceptable.

With some things you can be 'agnostic' or lack an opinion, but with regards to genocide, you pretty much have to take a stand....your'e either against it, or ok with it, and if you are against genocide, then you'd darned well better be FIRMLY against ANY kind of 'gun control' even stuff like 'registration' (which means you must oppose the democrat version of 'background checks' since they REFUSE to do such checks without including the totally-unnecessary step of 'registration'), since all those 'gin control' laws do is INCREASE genocide, without the slightest impact on innocent lives lost due to crime or terrorism.

Thus, the only reason one would support the currently-proposed 'gun control' laws, aside from ignorance of the FACTS regarding the real impact of such laws, would be that the individual (like many 'progessive' liberals) actually thinks genocide is ok, which means those who truly value human life, and want to protect innocents, should VEHEMENTLY oppose any and all ' gun control', even though the 'news' media tells us we are evil.

I've made many mistakes in life particularly in trusting 'business associates' like hospitals insurance companies, and other physicians who place profits over patient care, but one thing is NEVER for sale, and that is my integrity. So that means I won't stop at simply not supporting senseless and dangerous ' gun control' schemes, but I also will expose them as dangerous whenever they crop up.

Hitler's campaign to "register military-style 'assault wrapons'" in order to "fight crime" must NEVER happen again...!
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#9 Post by Sixgun » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Doc....
If someone told you shyt tastes good, would you eat it? My guess is that probably 40% of Americans would eat it if mainstream media and the democratic leaders said it enough times that shyt is good and healthy and many vitamins that the original eater ate just pass through their system and are beneficial to the next eater. They might even go as far as saying, "just sprinkle some Mrs. Dash to enhance the flavor". I'm not laughing, people are the gullible.

This country should be in riot mode with the border wall. Who in their right mind think it's OK that billions of dollars of killer drugs and parasitic immigrants are good for them and the future of their descendants?

This country is lost.....enjoy life because our generation is going to be the last to experience civility, common sense, and law and order.

The left is only one generation away from being in total power....and total destruction.---6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work

Ysabel Kid

#10 Post by Ysabel Kid » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm

FWiedner wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

What politics? Facts are facts.

Statisticians estimate that 85,000,000 people may have perished during WWII.

:|
Rummell's estimate is that somewhere between 100 - 150 MILLION people died at the hands of their OWN governments during the 20th century. Disarming the general populace was the only thing that enabled these atrocities in the first place.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#11 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Yeah, I found out the individual who complained said he didn't like seeing "propaganda" like that in a doctor's office.... :roll: