Name Change

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Name Change

#1 Post by Bullard4075 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 am

This is a serious question in that I don't know so please refrain from useless quips. When did Illegal Aliens become Illegal Immigrants ? I can understand the left using it but I'm seeing it more and more from those I wouldn't expect.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: Name Change

#2 Post by BlaineG » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:19 am

I might be off base, but I figgered as long as "illegal" was used, it meant the same thing...lately, I've been using "invaders"....
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by M. M. Wright » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:44 am

You're right Blaine, but I think that "alien" is used mostly to mean "extra terrestrial".
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by FWiedner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:43 am

"Illegal Alien" is a term used in U.S. Immigration law to describe any person not a citizen or national of the United States who is in the United States unlawfully.

“Undocumented immigrant” is a fabricated, politically correct term created by pro-illegal alien advocates and the liberal media to obscure the fact that such aliens have violated U.S. immigration law and are in the country illegally.

I believe that “Undocumented immigrant” became the flagship liberal argument/term during the debates prior to the Reagan Amnesty in the 80's.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by piller » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

It has been screamed at us so often that even those who should know better are being abused into using that term.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#6 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Then I should be able to go to Mexico and buy a full-auto M-16 on the black market, bring it home, and it's no big deal right - it's just an "undocumented machine-gun".... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws[/size]
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Ysabel Kid

#7 Post by Ysabel Kid » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Rule # 1 of the left: control the dialogue. Change the simple meaning of words to drive a point. This is why they are now so bent out of shape with the word "illegal" in conjunction with any other word (alien, immigrant, worker, etc.). We should NEVER give in to this; it is not just PC, it is how they bend the argument in their favor (by making people afraid to even describe something accurately).

Case in point - "preferred pronouns". Once one starts calling a "he" a "she", they've won the argument. It is just a matter of degree at that point. :evil: