Hopefully they will learn their lesson...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Hopefully they will learn their lesson...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Patreon sounded like a good concept, until they started doing the same stuff FaceBook has been doing.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/12/ ... flee-site/

Hopefully https://mewe.com/challenge can replace FaceBook, and some of the other alternatives cropping up can hopefully replace and thereby destroy those who want to play Big Brother and censor everything. If not, things will get even more fragmented.

Personally, I don't care, as I just go to the actual WEBSITES of things I like, but unless there is pushback, the internet itself could start going more 'politically-correct' and even that option might vanish.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws[/size]
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: Hopefully they will learn their lesson...

#2 Post by BlaineG » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:14 pm

I'm always tempted to kneejerk my disapproval of Facebook. It matters NOT where you go or don't go on the Web...The cookies will follow you everywhere.

I'd miss all my old and new friends that wouldn't make the jump to someplace new. When you get down to the rules and moderation of FB, it's not near as strict as the ones we have here.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil: