This shooting is gonna have reverberations

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This shooting is gonna have reverberations

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 pm

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/13/jeme ... curity-bar

CCW, 'being black', and being in the gun-control haven of Chitcago....
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: This shooting is gonna have reverberations

#2 Post by BlaineG » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Around here, especially at biker bars, the security staff wear tops emblazened with SECURITY.
I don't know about Chicago, but nobody can carry in a bar around here, well, legally anyway. Sadly, if that security dude was illegally carrying in a bar, he's going to be painted as being in the wrong. Personally, I would never take the chance of leaving the house with my LCP as it might jump out of my pocket and shoot somebody. Oh, those nasty, bad, bad guns....
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by piller » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:04 pm

According to the article, the bystanders were shouting "security" and the police still shot him. It sounds to me that there was more happening than was reported. Of course, all journalists tell only the facts and tell the whole truth. :roll: :roll: :roll:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

piller wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:04 pm
According to the article, the bystanders were shouting "security" and the police still shot him. It sounds to me that there was more happening than was reported. Of course, all journalists tell only the facts and tell the whole truth. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, they'll never admit the REAL problem is a culture where 'guns' are the evil thing, and where political-correctness has deepened the rift between races, because the white-guys see that blacks are free to be punks and thieves without much consequence, because anything done to criminals with that complexion is labeled 'raaaacist', so then instead of just a few truly-racist white-guys out there being KKK-like, you get a much larger portion of society who is 'suspicious' of young black males regardless, even though they weren't brought up as 'racists'. Then when a black criminal gets shot, the blacks see it as 'raaaacist', even when it is not, but their 'protests' are so violent and irrational that it makes even MORE rational whites discount everything they say. So pretty soon nobody trusts anybody who has different skin color.

Most folks I know who are white, don't care AT ALL about skin color, other than that they do see it as unfair that blacks get so many freebies and other stuff, and most folks I know who are black, don't care much about skin color, other than they might feel whites are treated better by cops (perhaps we behave better when 'confronted' by a cop, at least according to the MANY cops I've spoken with). However, I'm pretty much only exposed to the 'working class' (who are almost all libertarian/conservative Republicans), so I don't get the ultra-wealthy or the 'welfare' perspective, and both of those crowds tend to be WAY more racist, and ALSO way more likely to be Democrats.
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "