Trump Caused the California Fires....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Trump Caused the California Fires....

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 pm

I guess Trump took time off from clubbing baby seals with sticks made of the bones of Jewish people, to set some fires in California.... :o

"[Neil] Young went on to argue that, despite ample preparation, the blazes were “something bigger than we have ever seen,” adding, “Firefighters have never seen anything like this in their lives. I have heard that said countless times in the past two days, and I have lost my home before to a California fire, now another.”

Returning to Trump and climate change, he said, “Imagine a leader who defies science, saying these solutions shouldn’t be part of his decision-making on our behalf. Imagine a leader who cares for his own, convenient opinion than he does for the people he leads. Imagine an unfit leader. Now imagine a fit one.”
"

So...........Young built a house in a high-fire-risk zone, it got burned up, then he did it again, and he doesn't see that as a problem - but somehow he thinks that 'science' shows that in a mere two years, Trump has somehow caused 'climate change' to make California have a record-hot summer.

Interesting how it used to be "global cooling" - then when that was revealed to be a blip versus trend, it was "global warming" - then when it was record-setting snowfall, of course it was due to 'global warming' - sort of plausible, since warmth-->water evaporating-->more moisture in sky-->more snow.
However lack of the integrity of the 'climate change' people starts to be obvious when they ALSO say that decreased snowfall is due to the same thing. Then they blame a record-rainfall on 'climate change' and a record-drought on it as well...
:roll:

So their graphs showing 'up' trends OR 'down' trends are used to further their agenda. ANY change is used, yet the climate has always been 'changing', so the ONLY way their argument would hold water would be if we truly had more up AND down variability documented, which has not happened. For one thing, OLD data (even before 100 years ago, and moreso before 1,000 years ago) is very unreliable for detecting variability as far as peaks and troughs year-to-year. It is good at 'averages', and that's about it.

So I'm pro-environment for sure, but just can't buy into 'climate change' until someone has REAL science to justify their stance...
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Trump Caused the California Fires....

#2 Post by FWiedner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Data collection methods have changed, as has the technology used to collect that data. Even poor scientists understand that mix and match produces unreliable data.

A consistent methodology needs to be applied and the obvious political agenda eliminated. Base scientific conclusions on documented and demonstrable facts, not on the flaky opinions of the variety of kooks that throw virgins in volcanoes or hump trees because humans are made of meat. The 100 years or so that humans have been collecting weather and climate information is as much a blip in climatology as it is in geology.

Here's a recent headline: "Lack of sunspots mean record cold, warns NASA"

Will politically oppressing humanity to serve the climate change agenda increase the number of sunspots?

A consistent and honest methodology, and 10,000 years worth of hard data... THEN maybe someone can have an honest conversation on the subject of climate change.

Unfortunately, only Larry King will survive to review the results of the study.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by OldWin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Well, he can write and sing an off key song about it. Then he can build a new house in the same place with all that clear conscience hippie money.

Or even better, build it in a country where he has a leader more his speed.
Venezuela maybe?
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Yeah, WAY back in the day, I used to listen to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, but once they got all bitter, arrogant, and hypocritical, I pretty much turned them off.

They can link up with Robert DeNiro and move to Venezeula - although they'd be in the 'wealthy elite' class, and those people all seem to thrive there, on the backs of the deplorables. :|
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#5 Post by BlaineG » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:17 pm

:roll: So...one would think that clearing a fire break around your house would be a good idea.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#6 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 pm

BlaineG wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:17 pm
:roll: So...one would think that clearing a fire break around your house would be a good idea.
Yep. And a metal roof, even a pretty one that looks just like shakes or shingles, isn't that much more than a flammable one, nor is fireproof siding and so on.

Sorry if I'm not that sympathetic to the millionaire movie stars - kind of like re-building a home in a floodplain and wanting 'society' to pay when it floods (again)... :roll:

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by OldWin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Well they can't cut a firebreak cause they are so environmentally conscious that they banned the cutting of anything.
You know........letting it all burn is much better for the environment. They should be happy. They "did they're part". :D
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#8 Post by piller » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

I truly feel sad for those few who are intelligent and reasonable people still living in California. The EnviroNazis have really screwed things up out there. For example, I am certain that Shasta did not contribute to the problems which led to the disaster which befell him. He probably was one of a small minority.

Before it was illegal to burn brush and illegal to cut down anything out there, I don't remember the wildfires as covering so much territory or destroying so many homes. Am I missing something?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

4t5
Levergunner 2.0

#9 Post by 4t5 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I blame those high capacity MATCH BOOKS , match books should be limited to TEN matches and should be registered,that ought to stop random fires.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#10 Post by piller » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Those high capacity assault butane lighters must have been the cause.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#11 Post by BlaineG » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:51 pm

I drove through there about 6 years ago. Most of the lakes were gone and everything was crispy brown. All through there was huge burnt out areas. I doubt if things got any better over the years. Such a beautiful area. I can see the appeal of living there.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

#12 Post by Poohgyrr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 am

Gov Brown vetoed a forest fire prevention law for equipment and such, passed by both Dems and Republicans. And failed to buy a few of those firefighting planes, or build a couple Desalination plants (the Pacific Ocean is large) - all of which would have cost much much less than what’s been spent on the useless bullet train (nowhere near completion).

And the Leftists took over control of our forests decades ago.

Funny how so many other places around the world have more forests and no fires.

Management like we used to do it - before the leftists took over....

Blood is on someone’s hands, and it isn’t my POTUS.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt