Racist gets outed by Tucker Carlson

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Racist gets outed by Tucker Carlson

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 pm

https://youtu.be/kg_63wV7bL8

I can't believe this person is a 'professor'.... :roll:
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Racist gets outed by Tucker Carlson

#2 Post by FWiedner » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Being a person that believes that most of the societal attitudes lumped together and called "racism" are natural and developed communal survival instincts, I hear the professor making valid points while Mr. Carlson is playing at political correctness.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

#3 Post by Woodtroll » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

FWiedner wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm
Being a person that believes that most of the societal attitudes lumped together and called "racism" are natural and developed communal survival instincts, I hear the professor making valid points while Mr. Carlson is playing at political correctness.
I disagree. Substitute "black people" for "white people" in the op-ed, and you get, "Can I let my children be friends with black people?... I will teach my children to be suspicious of black people, to mistrust black people, etc."

Would a white person who wrote such a thing have a moment's rest from the "peace-mongers" of the liberal left? The same ones who vandalized Tucker Carlson's house when his wife was home alone, perhaps? What a great philosophy to buy into! Peace and love for everyone, except the ones we don't like. Carlson is not the only one playing at "political correctness".
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by FWiedner » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Woodtroll wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm
Peace and love for everyone, except the ones we don't like.
Whether you agree or disagree, the fact remains that there are people that hate and distrust other people, and they've probably got rock-solid reasons for feeling that way.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#5 Post by BlaineG » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:08 pm

People, in my memory, have always conflated Prejudice with Racist. It is not. If one is not taking a close look at anybody they want to invite into their circle of friends and associates there is a chance that relationship could become toxic or even dangerous. This is especially true of strangers. One need not be rude or avoid new people, places, and things to evaluate such things. I'm reminded of Jeff Cooper's Color Code.
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

#6 Post by Woodtroll » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Quoted from FWeidner (because I can't figure out how to multi-quote): Whether you agree or disagree, the fact remains that there are people that hate and distrust other people, and they've probably got rock-solid reasons for feeling that way.

I agree with that completely; that is not racism unless you say, "all blacks, all whites, all American Indians, etc." For instance, Muslims choose to follow a religion that promotes violence against Christians. Not all Muslims are Jihadists, I am told, but I do justifiably distrust them all because of the choices they make or the alliances they choose. I do not believe that is racism, by current social or legal definitions.
BlaineG wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:08 pm
People, in my memory, have always conflated Prejudice with Racist. It is not. If one is not taking a close look at anybody they want to invite into their circle of friends and associates there is a chance that relationship could become toxic or even dangerous. This is especially true of strangers. One need not be rude or avoid new people, places, and things to evaluate such things. I'm reminded of Jeff Cooper's Color Code.
I agree with this too, in concept. You have every right (and indeed need) to evaluate the people that you associate with, or even come into contact with on a casual basis. But to teach your children to distrust or dislike someone solely because of their race is, by definition, racist. Racism is a form of prejudice, but not all prejudice is racism. For example, if I say, "I distrust all people from Washington State because they're all liberals and vote in a way that I feel infringes my Constitutional right", to me that is prejudicial, but certainly not racist. (And no, Blaine, I'm not picking specifically on you, because unfortunately my home state of Virginia did the very same thing in this election.) A certain percentage of people from Washington state are conservative, freedom-loving folks, but they get painted with the same brush as the groups from the liberal, populated areas.

I guess what really frustrates me most about this whole thing is the double-standard approach the liberals take; if "we" do it we are racists, but if "they" do it it is because they are enlightened, smarter, or whatever. I distrust liberals, and am certainly prejudiced against them, but hardly consider myself a racist. I like, and dislike, individuals of every race I've been exposed to for any length of time.
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians