I guess i wont be shopping here

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
wvfarrier
Levergunner 2.0

I guess i wont be shopping here

#1 Post by wvfarrier » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 pm

"What man, is a man, who does not make the world better"

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: I guess i wont be shopping here

#2 Post by BlaineG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Well, duh, that's the problem: He DARED to stop a Black guy....shame on that racist. :o
“I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.”
― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

rossim92
Levergunner 3.0

#3 Post by rossim92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 am

good thing i'm not on that jury! Companies treating criminals better then their employees. I hope the worker sues the company like crazy. It gotta stop somewhere.
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 500 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
H&R 12 ga. topper
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Marlin 336W .30.30
Heritage rough rider .22 sa
Taylor smokewagon .357 sa
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4 Post by AJMD429 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am

If he would have had a paler complexion, I'm betting it wouldn't have happened, but everyone is too 'sensitized' now.

The Papa John's guy who used 'the N-word' when he referred to the fact that Colonel Sanders used that word and there was no 'corporate backlash', got in trouble over it.

When it comes to the point that you can't treat people equally, or you can't even use a WORD (not 'calling' anyone that word, even) without getting in trouble, then no wonder people start resenting others based on skin color.
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#5 Post by gamekeeper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Having read that I'm truly gobsmacked !!! It does not seem possible that a company could be so insanely stupid. Has anyone told them Trump is now in charge and not that race baiting Obongo .....jeeze, I thought the UK was way Infront of you when it came to stupidity but it seems you are catching up fast... :(
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#6 Post by BlaineG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm

AJMD429 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am
If he would have had a paler complexion, I'm betting it wouldn't have happened, but everyone is too 'sensitized' now.

The Papa John's guy who used 'the N-word' when he referred to the fact that Colonel Sanders used that word and there was no 'corporate backlash', got in trouble over it.

When it comes to the point that you can't treat people equally, or you can't even use a WORD (not 'calling' anyone that word, even) without getting in trouble, then no wonder people start resenting others based on skin color.
As long as Blacks freely use "******" with each other, and the Airwaves are awash with it, I really don't give a darn. What I DO care about is that Crowds are shutting down businesses over it. I'm sure Papa isn't hurt financially, but he was more likely stepping aside to protect his creation.
“I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.”
― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

Ysabel Kid

#7 Post by Ysabel Kid » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:07 pm

AJMD429 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am

The left was out to get him because he was so critical on those pampered sports-entertainers kneeling in protest (while ranking in millions for playing a freaking game). He is also a Trump supporter. this was their first excuse and they jumped on it. :evil:

Ysabel Kid

#8 Post by Ysabel Kid » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:09 pm

gamekeeper wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Having read that I'm truly gobsmacked !!! It does not seem possible that a company could be so insanely stupid. Has anyone told them Trump is now in charge and not that race baiting Obongo .....jeeze, I thought the UK was way Infront of you when it came to stupidity but it seems you are catching up fast... :(
I imagine this is corporate policy to try to limit potential collateral casualties during a robbery. That said, some idiot is enforcing the policy without thinking it through. This was not an armed robbery - this was someone trying to steal a firearm. They should have promoted the store manager!

Plenty of other places to buy guns. They'd lost my business too... :evil:

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#9 Post by piller » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm

According to a quick internet search, the Manager has been re-hired by the CEO. The company policy was why the District Manager fired him. The amazingly large and loud public outcry was why the CEO rehired him. He was rehired on July 13th. The fact that the CEO did the right thing is enough for me. He could have backed company policy, but he didn't.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#10 Post by gamekeeper » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 am

piller wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm
According to a quick internet search, the Manager has been re-hired by the CEO. The company policy was why the District Manager fired him. The amazingly large and loud public outcry was why the CEO rehired him. He was rehired on July 13th. The fact that the CEO did the right thing is enough for me. He could have backed company policy, but he didn't.
At last, common sense prevailed...... :roll:
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

Ysabel Kid

#11 Post by Ysabel Kid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 pm

gamekeeper wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 am
piller wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm
At last, common sense prevailed...... :roll:
+1