FEAR PURCHASING....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Re: FEAR PURCHASING....

#51 Post by silverbuzzard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:48 pm

The "election" was stolen by vote fraud in 5 key states, one was Indiana . Only 22,000 votes put him in the winning count here. That many votes can be cooked up just in Lake and Marion county .
Indiana went Demon last time in ,I think 1960 !!!
The fraud [ Acorn ] has been quietly forgotten about now that the heir to the thrown [ intentional spelling] has settled in and begun to gain control of the world.
He FIRED the head of one of the largest PRIVATE corps in the world ,GM , and the "congress" [ look up meaning in dictionary ], says nothing .
It's not a large jump now to enact "for the good of the people" type laws.
What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked.

Hobie

#52 Post by Hobie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

New, first-time owners are buying lots of guns, ammo and reloading supplies. Old shooters who never reloaded are wanting to start. Old reloaders are hoarding. Translates into tremendous demand.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#53 Post by AJMD429 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 pm

silverbuzzard wrote: What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked.
Who - me - "normal"? I take that as an INSULT...! :o :lol:
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Espada
Levergunner 2.0

#54 Post by Espada » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:06 pm

"What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked."

Good ! During the American Revolution, only 1/3 of residents were actively engaged in freeing us from English domination; one-third didn't give a darn, and one-third were Tory, active or passive.

Newly interested persons, becoming aware of the fact that life sometimes gets down, dirty, physically hurtful and real, can only help our cause; to get America back to its decent basics.

silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

#55 Post by silverbuzzard » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:09 pm

SORRY, DID NOT MEAN TO SAY ANY OF US ARE NORMAL, What was I thinking???

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

#56 Post by O.S.O.K. » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 am

OK almost a year since anything was posted on this thread.

But I am going to add this statement: I predict another ramp up of fear purchasing very soon if the healthscare bill passes. Just as soon as people realize that the dems are going to start ramming through every one of their favorite bits of legislative nightmare... including a new gun and ammo ban/tax scheme.

Hold your families close gentlemen and your guns closer.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!

Ysabel Kid

#57 Post by Ysabel Kid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:36 pm

O.S.O.K. wrote:OK almost a year since anything was posted on this thread.

But I am going to add this statement: I predict another ramp up of fear purchasing very soon if the healthscare bill passes. Just as soon as people realize that the dems are going to start ramming through every one of their favorite bits of legislative nightmare... including a new gun and ammo ban/tax scheme.

Hold your families close gentlemen and your guns closer.
Agreed. I figure the Dem's realize they are going to get slaughtered this November for the Health Care debacle, so they are going to go for broke between now and then. It is going to be a long, hot summer... :evil:

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

#58 Post by O.S.O.K. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 am

Its started already... I am seeing posts about buying guns over on the 24 hr campfire board for example. When the small inventories currently available run out quickly, there will once again be panic...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!

David
Levergunner 3.0

#59 Post by David » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 am

Me too! I bought 3 this year, my FFL prefers I don't buy more then one a month because of the extra paperwork. That's not my normal actually but I just got an itch for a few that were in the affordable range.

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

#60 Post by O.S.O.K. » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 am

Man, it is strange that the producers haven't caught up with demand yet. There are still all kinds of components and ammo that is unavailable. 380 HP can't be found hardly anywhere.

You'd think they would've caught up by now.

Are people still buying that strong?

Maybe all of the new gun owners or "expanded" gun owners are continueing to buy to build up their inventories, having learned the hard way this last time that the time to buy is before a panic sets in...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!

David
Levergunner 3.0

#61 Post by David » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

Well sort-of I just wouldn't want to pay the $520 a 1,000 for it, 9mm is less... I don't mind buying 1,000 rounds at a time but not hollow-point for target practice.

DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

#62 Post by DixieBoy » Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 am

I was at the little Melbourne Gun Show here in central Florida over this past weekend. It's strange the way the availability thing is working out.

About three or four months ago I bought large pistol primers (major brands: CCI and Winny's) for $ 34 and this show they were up to $ 38 from the same vendor. This guy is a straight arrow; he lowered the price - he told me - when the distributors lowered theirs. Now, it's back up again a bit.

Here's my take on the whole thing: you guys who re-started this thread, like O.S.O.K, are onto something. So-called "fear purchasing" was subsiding about six or eight months after hussein took office. Then, when it became obvious that the communists in the white house and congress were going to go hog wild in an attempt to pass their whole wish list of oppressions, the public was watching.

You guys are right that this all started ramping back up after the above named commies showed that they'd trample right over the Constitution to have their way. After the "health care" fisasco all bets are off.

My personal approach is to keep shooting weekly, but to try to buy components for rifle and pistol shooting at a greater rate than I use them up for regular shooting. That way the ninnies and creeps in congress don't rob me of my fun, but I'm slowly adding to the TSHTF stocks. It's a little tougher on the pocket, but worth it.

Keep you powder dry boys. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.

Ysabel Kid

#63 Post by Ysabel Kid » Mon May 03, 2010 10:52 am

DixieBoy wrote: My personal approach is to keep shooting weekly, but to try to buy components for rifle and pistol shooting at a greater rate than I use them up for regular shooting. That way the ninnies and creeps in congress don't rob me of my fun, but I'm slowly adding to the TSHTF stocks. It's a little tougher on the pocket, but worth it.

Keep you powder dry boys. - DixieBoy
Good approach DB. I am doing much the same...

Teek
Levergunner

#64 Post by Teek » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 am

OK, I'll admit I bought a DPMS collapsable stock AR-15 16" barrel on election day. That was FEAR. Later I bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle in 6.8...that was more "prudent", I think. Seeing how the "gun" issue is tilted in our favor, in retrospect, the purchaces were SLIGHTLY unwarranted (Hell, I wanted them anyway). I got a couple of good guns I probably wouldn't have, otherwise, though. That's a good thing!

Teek

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

#65 Post by Old Ironsights » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 am

There's no more "fear" just frank understanding of what this Unconstitutional Government has done - especially now with NADA & DOPA.

I took a 1500 FRN inheritance from my wife's gram and bought an HK91 clone.

It's the only MBR that will reliably shoot BP & cast bullets.
:mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!

Hobie

#66 Post by Hobie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I was told that (and knowing this is an OLD topic) the Raleigh show this weekend was full of "panic" buyers. Anyone go?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

#67 Post by Old Ironsights » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Hobie wrote:I was told that (and knowing this is an OLD topic) the Raleigh show this weekend was full of "panic" buyers. Anyone go?
Sorry. My Teleporter is currently broken.

But given the current Regime and the inevitable Regime (either way) in 2013... It's not Panic, it's preparation.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!

Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

#68 Post by Birdman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm going through some old posts and with the upcoming election this kinda seems like a new post. I live in Central Illinois and I am seeing less ammo on the shelves. The prices on what is there is going up and reloading supplies are creeping up too. .223 is up about 30% at the local Farm and Fleet and all the handgun rounds are up. Lead bullets are up. I don't know what lead is going for on the market, but I know for fact that scrap steel is down nearly 50%. I sure don't want to stir up a hornets nest and have a bunch of folks think I'm trying to start the whole "panick buying" thing like 4 years ago. I'm just passing along what I am seeing in my area.

Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

#69 Post by Centennial » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 pm

"Got my phone and a pen", another 3 1/2 years. How many more "bumps in the road" and who will the bumps be?

Booger Bill
Senior Levergunner

#70 Post by Booger Bill » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:13 pm

When since the civil war, if even then, have we seen a more hated president, vice president, attorney general and mayor of NY city, all at the same time? We are obviously outnumbered by the ignorant else they wouldn't have been elected to start with. There is no respect from them for the police AND the mentioned ones are the police`s boss`s! North Korea can hack us. We are adopting Cuba when we are already 18 trillion in debt. We are making 20 million illegals-legal, what else am I missing?
The book of Revelation is playing out under our nose`s and few relate to it. It says in the bible that men left here will pray for God to have the mountains to fall on them! When it gets to that point I suspect all the guns and ammo you can carry would only be a unwanted burden as you either will want to die or they will just be excess baggage as you dive for a hole under a rock!
Kind of reminds me of a cartoon I seen at least 50 years ago. It showed this lone last solider in the world standing on earth without a living thing, only smoke and ash`s around him, shows him smiling and shouting, WE WON!

gregg
Levergunner 2.0

#71 Post by gregg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Paco it was a darn long 8 YEARS of paving a road to hell. :evil: