Looks Like Austin Is The Next San Francisco

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Looks Like Austin Is The Next San Francisco

#1 Post by Blaine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Being blind in one eye and can't see out the other, the Austin powers-that-be made homelessness a legal thing. :evil:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/califor ... p-chip-roy
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: Looks Like Austin Is The Next San Francisco

#2 Post by octagon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm

While Texas enjoys open carry, machine guns, cans, carrying All long guns in trucks with no restrictions, open carry for swords, spears, brass knuckles, auto knives, bowie knives etc...you be sure and enjoy having your pistol in jail for 10 days after purchase, your new gun tax at 25 to 50 bucks each, bullet tax at 5cents per round, and your 10-22 " assault weapons", and your self described future ban on semi auto rifles etc.. get the picture? Texas ROCKS 8) Our Governor Rocks :D :D

Austin is and always has been a haven for liberals, and yet I can go there tomorrow and buy an AR or two, some pistols, a Pelosi load of ammo and leave with all of it right then! Try that in San Francisco or your state for that matter :wink:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#3 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm

octagon wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm
Austin is and always has been a haven for liberals, and yet I can go there tomorrow and buy an AR or two, some pistols, a Pelosi load of ammo and leave with all of it right then! Try that in San Francisco or your state for that matter :wink:
The problem is, California USED to be a free state, and then it was just the 'big cities' there, and now, the whole state is corrupt, broke, and so un-free (free condoms for grade-schoolers doesn't count as 'freedom') that it really doesn't belong in the U.S. - I hope Texas doesn't follow that chain of events....it WILL unless every single 'gun owner' there is RELENTLESS in never, ever, ever 'compromising' on ANY gun law. Good luck keeping them motivated to do that...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Blaine
Posting leader...

#4 Post by Blaine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 pm

octagon wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm
While Texas enjoys open carry, machine guns, cans, carrying All long guns in trucks with no restrictions, open carry for swords, spears, brass knuckles, auto knives, bowie knives etc...you be sure and enjoy having your pistol in jail for 10 days after purchase, your new gun tax at 25 to 50 bucks each, bullet tax at 5cents per round, and your 10-22 " assault weapons", and your self described future ban on semi auto rifles etc.. get the picture? Texas ROCKS 8) Our Governor Rocks :D :D

And, just a few years ago, Washington had very relaxed gun laws, and concealed carry permits for anybody that could pass a NICS....don't be fooled that you can't be next. I pray it never happens to your great Republic.
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.

octagon
Senior Levergunner

#5 Post by octagon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Not being "fooled" by any measure :D while your state is becoming more and more oppressive, mine is becoming less and less so. These trends are easy to follow as tracks in snow 8) we have not have a dem Governor since Ann Richards in 1995. 25 years! Texas is pro gun! Governor Abbot signs every pro gun legislation that comes across his desk. I moved back here years ago, with 2 small toddlers and an infant, specifically for the pro gun and rural atmosphere. They have Never lived in a town, this is no accident, and this decision was not made by anyone being "fooled," but instead informed!

Blaine
Posting leader...

#6 Post by Blaine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 pm

octagon wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm
Not being "fooled" by any measure :D while your state is becoming more and more oppressive, mine is becoming less and less so. These trends are easy to follow as tracks in snow 8) we have not have a dem Governor since Ann Richards in 1995. 25 years! Texas is pro gun! Governor Abbot signs every pro gun legislation that comes across his desk. I moved back here years ago, with 2 small toddlers and an infant, specifically for the pro gun and rural atmosphere. They have Never lived in a town, this is no accident, and this decision was not made by anyone being "fooled," but instead informed!
I hope you're right.... I may need a place to go to someday. 8)

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by piller » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:16 am

Despite the minor squabbles on here, I think we would welcome each member to Texas.I am not a native Texan, and only the few Liberals in this State seem to care. Most here understand that is not where you are born, but who you are as a person that matters.

Texas was pretty well on its way to going the way of California, but our current Governor is well liked and well respected. He is a good Governor. His being a paraplegic has not stopped him, and it seems to have actually caused him to fight harder for what is right. When W was elected Governor, it started a good turn around. Then Rick Perry moved it even further to the Right. Now Greg Abbot is leading Texas well to the Right. Look at how Hollywood spent more money and there was more favorable News coverage of that fake hispanic who actually does eat excrement than in any other Senate race EVER! He still lost!!! That amount of money and favorable News coverage would have undoubtedly bought the election anywhere else.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost