31 genders?

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
mickbr
Levergunner 1.0

31 genders?

#1 Post by mickbr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 am

Someone sent a link to me,on youtube saying New York state recongnizes 31 genders(!??!). Is this right? I'm not even sure if it fits under politics. This sounds like something out of a 1970's novel. Are the government and judges really pushing this?

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 31 genders?

#2 Post by JerryB » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 pm

My old King James Bible 1611AV tells me there is TWO genders.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15

octagon
Senior Levergunner

#3 Post by octagon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Sounds like New York is gonna need a LOT of new gender friendly bathrooms in every public place! Time to load up the tools and head up there to get in on the construction :D

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by Tycer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Zi are too worked up about what zei think.
Ha. Autocorrect threw up all over me trying to type that :lol:
And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention. -David Byrne
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - http://www.peakprosperity.com - http://www.guntalk.com

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#5 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Thirty years ago I delivered a 6-pound infant, and announced to the mom "It's a girl...!".

Now She is a He.... :|

Nice kid, grew up kind of 'Goth', but reminded me of when I was a kid and wore "Army Fatigue Jackets" just to annoy the teachers... :D

I could care less if she wants to become a nominal 'he', but:

a) I don't want to pay for it, and
b) I don't want to be blamed for it, and
c) I don't want to be guilt-tripped for it if I'm not all for it.

'He' was in for an office visit recently, and honestly makes a better man than woman, and I jokingly said "Hey, did you just do this to make a fool out of me, because thirty years ago I said "It's a Girl," and you now have to make a fool out of me by becoming a guy....????" She said "Yep - it was a plot from the very beginning....!", and smiled.

I also have a patient many guys would willingly self-remove their left testicle with a dull, rusty knife just to lay next to in bed, who has XY chromosomes.

So, I actually DO know something about 'different genders', and DO realize that we aren't all blessed with the impression that our body and mind are of the same gender. That has to suck. I get it.

HOWEVER, I will also state that NONE of that is my fault, and NONE of that requires all the world to stop and cater to a particular segment of society.

Some of us have high cholesterol, some of us have hyperlipidemia, some of us depression, some of us have 'whatever', but we ALL need to respect one another's deficiencies and proclivities.

That doesn't mean PAYING for them, or worshiping them to the point that if and when those issues become a problem in the workplace, we pretend they don't exist.

Biology is FACT, and the fact is that there are TWO genders, with some unfortunate individuals either:

a) physically indeterminate (i.e. 'hermaphrodites')
b) visibly male but mentally female, including -
- males who want to be female and 'sleep' with females, and
- males who want to be female and 'sleep' with other males
c) visibly female but mentally male
- females who want to be male and 'sleep' with males, and
- females who want to be male and 'sleep' with other females
d) confused and uncertain about it all

We should feel sympathy/empathy for those who are in any of the above categories - they are often very nice people, with sincere confusion and loneliness, who are trying to make sense of it all.

We CAN help them, and be nonjudgmental about their situation, but the 'politics' causes a problem when it means we have to PAY for it, or be BLAMED for it.

When they come in for appointments, I just try to help them be happy, fulfilled, socially-contributing, decent human beings. Most of them will be able to do so, but the problems begin when the GOVERNMENT gets involved, and starts FORCING people to do stuff to favor one group versus another.

As a Libertarian, I believe that the core principle of "Never Initiate Violence against another Human" to be supreme; that means yes, we leave the gender-confused alone, and don't pick on them, and if possible, we HELP them (especially if our occupation is one where we 'help people'), but we ALSO don't give in to the government's co-opting all this just to garner votes.
PhotoSuckit Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by FWiedner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 pm

It's just part of The Obama Legacy of Faggotry and Communism.

The truth is the truth.

These people have problems, and they should not be encouraged. That said, adults have every right to make their own choices.

I am not in favor of discrimination, neither do I want to be discriminated against simply because I choose to accept that equipment G_d gave me at birth.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by piller » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I tend to come closer to AJMD429's attitudes nowadays, but I will never be quite that Libertarian. It isn't my place to judge, but It isn't my place to pay for others in that situation.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

mickbr
Levergunner 1.0

#8 Post by mickbr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 am

I can support an extra category given the advancements in hormone and surgery and so forth, but 31? This shows the government can make up anything they want now, laws for martians and elves. Actually there are groups claiming they are animals in human bodies, maybe they will be no.32.

Ysabel Kid

#9 Post by Ysabel Kid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:16 pm

There are two and only two genders. Everything else is wishful thinking by some sick people and those enabling them in their sickness (more sick in a certain way).

I don't care what an adult decides to do with their body. Not my business. That said...

I'm not paying for it.
I'm not celebrating it - I'll think it is sick and unnatural until the day I die for for all eternity thereafter.
I'm not going to enable it by using someone's "preferred pronouns" or "preferred name".

Further, pushing this on kids is CHILD ABUSE of the highest order. I'd just as soon shoot those enablers as I would any other child abuser. :evil: :evil: :evil: