Psycho who shot up Los Vegas concert

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Psycho who shot up Los Vegas concert

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 am

It sounded 'full auto' to the news media, but it seemed slow for a full-auto......I wonder if he was using one of those bump-stocks or something like that.

Regardless, prayers up for the families affected, and for our society as a whole. :|
Image Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Psycho who shot up Los Vegas concert

#2 Post by Streetstar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 am

Bracing myself for the gun grab foundations to fire up again

It sounded like another disaffected loner at first, but the man was married, but she was possibly out of the country and there was named a possible additional female accomplice

In this person's case, I truly wish that the money spent on guns and ammunition would have been spent on a bit of self reflection and counseling

Fractured family units mean that people more and more are ceasing to care about the shame they are bringing upon their families after they go out in a fiery coup de grace' -----

------- The Japanese culture battles with depression and suicide as much as anyone else , but mass killings are somewhat rare -- in the wake of the Akihabara incident in2008 (a young man ran a truck into a shopping center ) , the killer's brother took his own life in 2014 due to the shame he still felt about what his brother did

Our culture does not seem to be as conscious of the effect we will have on those left behind.
----- Doug

wecsoger
Levergunner 3.0

#3 Post by wecsoger » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:25 am

Just caught one of the posted videos and was surprised - guy was firing *full auto*.

Wasn't someone just randomly plinking away.

Nothing that sounded like small caliber either, and from the round count, something belt-fed?

If this was something like an M-60, that's some bad craziness there.

Edited to add:

Just got another video from the edited one I initially saw...yes, full auto, didn't seem as 'zippy' as an M-16. But I'll have to go off the belt-fed for now, sounded like mag dumps.

Still not sure it was 5.56, didn't quite sound like that. But it's in an area with buildings, and microphones make crappy pickups for the high pressure of rifle shots.
Last edited by wecsoger on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimT
Shootist

#4 Post by JimT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am

AJMD429 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 am
It sounded 'full auto' to the news media, but it seemed slow for a full-auto......I wonder if he was using one of those bump-stocks or something like that.

Regardless, prayers up for the families affected, and for our society as a whole. :|
Guys that have been in the bamboo thickets and had Charlie shooting at him will recognize that.

Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by Old Time Hunter » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am

In one of the cell phone based video clips that had audio counted 27 constant firing of rounds in 9.1 sec. Do not know what that means...but that is what my daughter and I timed using the computer.

With my bump fire stock have not been able to get more than ten or so without a gap.

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#6 Post by BlaineG » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Prayers.... :(
This is some really messed up pelosi... :(
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

#7 Post by vancelw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Streetstar wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 am
Hillary is already blasting the NRA for wanting to legalize 'silencers' which "would have made this worse." <sigh>
Anyone who has ever used a suppressor knows they are not quiet, only quieter....

People are still dying in the ER and she chooses to make moves on a gun grab.
I doubt we will ever know the truth about this deal. If he did indeed, convert to Islam (like I have read) they will do everything they can to cover that up
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#8 Post by BlaineG » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:43 pm

vancelw wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:16 pm
Streetstar wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 am
Hillary is already blasting the NRA for wanting to legalize 'silencers' which "would have made this worse." <sigh>
Anyone who has ever used a suppressor knows they are not quiet, only quieter....

People are still dying in the ER and she chooses to make moves on a gun grab.
I doubt we will ever know the truth about this deal. If he did indeed, convert to Islam (like I have read) they will do everything they can to cover that up
The girlfriend who paid for the room went home to Dubai.

Firearms with non-sub-sonic ammo are almost as loud as those without the can.
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

#9 Post by Streetstar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:54 pm

JimT wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am
AJMD429 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 am

Guys that have been in the bamboo thickets and had Charlie shooting at him will recognize that.
An early report I had stated there was a modified AK found, so you may be dead-on there
----- Doug

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#10 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm

https://apnews.com/tag/LasVegasmassshooting.

2:25 p.m.

Two officials familiar with the investigation say authorities found at least 17 guns in the hotel room of the Las Vegas shooter.

Stephen Paddock also had two devices that are attached to the stocks of semi-automatic guns to allow fully automatic gunfire. The bump-stock devices have attracted scrutiny in recent years from authorities.
I guess I was right.... :|
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#11 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:52 pm

These kind of events are really a supreme test of our maturity and wisdom as a society.

Ideally, we should have the intelligence, and courage, to do what is best for our society in terms of protecting lives, and in terms of assuring maintenance of a safe and stable social order, regardless of the political consequences. It is not about 'us' and how we 'feel' about the way things should be, but instead is about how things CAN be, and how we can get there using rational, sensible public policy, instead of ill-informed speculation and the assumption that every problem can be 'solved' with the right legislation. If that were true, we could simply outlaw hurricanes, earthquakes, and cancer.... :roll:

Sadly, the simplistic, divisive mindset of the 'news' media, as well as the underlying bitterness, hatred, materialism, jealousy and divisiveness of the political 'left', always pulls us towards decisions more designed to allow the 'liberals' to bask in self-righteous glee as they posture and blame everyone but themselves and the failure of their previous 'solutions', whether the problem is 'gun violence', 'access to health care', or poverty. (...perhaps they are emulating the RINO's obsession with their failing 'war on drugs'...)

Listening to the 'news' and all the celebrities and 'journalists' offering their self-anointed wisdom, when their comments indicate they haven't even the slightest knowledge of firearms, ballistics, current gun laws, or criminology, makes it easy to see why public policy is so often counterproductive; it is more about making them feel good than it is about accomplishing anything useful, or saving innocent lives. How few of them have the sincere interest to motivate them to actually learn about the topic, and how few of those have the integrity to stand against the tide of mob-opinion and support what is best for long-term social stability and public safety, versus empty posturing to out-macho those nasty NRA members.

What a travesty and disgrace to the innocent victims to stand on their bodies as a podium for 'more gun control'. It is very difficult to respect anyone who does that, no matter how 'sincere' their compassion; their agenda may generate warm-fuzzies for them personally, but it is going to get more innocent people killed, not fewer.

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world with more 'civilized' gun laws, approximately 4,500 innocent citizens are killed every day via various mechanisms of genocide. You'd think that would put things in perspective, but then again 'liberals' don't seem to be able to think beyond their very narrow cultural horizons

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#12 Post by FWiedner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:10 am

AJMD429 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm
https://apnews.com/tag/LasVegasmassshooting.

2:25 p.m.

Two officials familiar with the investigation say authorities found at least 17 guns in the hotel room of the Las Vegas shooter.

Stephen Paddock also had two devices that are attached to the stocks of semi-automatic guns to allow fully automatic gunfire. The bump-stock devices have attracted scrutiny in recent years from authorities.
I guess I was right.... :|
As I am sure you are all aware, bump-firing is still semi-automatic fire. No such device exists.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

#13 Post by 41 Redhawk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 am

FWiedner wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:10 am
As I am sure you are all aware, bump-firing is still semi-automatic fire. No such device exists.

:roll:
Come on Fred, don't let truth get in the way of a story!
The Lord Bless You

Terry

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#14 Post by BlaineG » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:10 pm

If the murderer had 20 HiCap pumps with buckshot, he could have done about the same thing pew-pewing into 22,000 massed people. It sickens me to think about someone getting a pound of dirty bomb material and releasing it with a drone, or low-flying craft @ a few hundred feet.....
My personal SWAG is that ANTIFA has been promising an offensive for a long time....

Ysabel Kid

#15 Post by Ysabel Kid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:18 pm

BlaineG wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 pm
Prayers.... :(
This is some really messed up pelosi... :(
Yep.

Prayers first. But then again, that is what "our side" always does. We pray, and help those impacted directly. We are concerned for the people hurt, killed, and left behind. We mourn.

The other side starts stacking up the bodies before they even get cold, or really know any of the facts, to stand on them to spew their venom and hate. Disgusting...

wecsoger
Levergunner 3.0

#16 Post by wecsoger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:53 pm

If, and a very serious 'if' he was using bump-fire, he had to have been the Zen master of bump-fire. Olympic grade, even.

I heard several different long, thirty rounds plus bursts that were waaaaayyyy too regular and even spaced to be bump-fire.

I can't credit any of the two shooter stories. Trying to get a direction of fire in an urban environment is almost impossible.

But I'm still surprised he allegedly only used 5.56. Haven't seen any info on AK, 7.62 rounds

It's interesting we still haven't yet seen the usual law enforcement "table parade" where they're displaying all the stuff this guy had. Something to that?

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#17 Post by AJMD429 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 am

I heard he drove a baby-blue Mercedes that day.

So, the real question(s) therefore are:

a) should we ban baby-blue Mercedes...? (some say 'no', because he would have just simply used another color vehicle)
b) should we ban all shades of blue Mercedes, since 'baby-blue' is so hard to define...? (but some would say, 'what about red Mercedes?)
b) should we go against the American Automobile Association, and just ban all foreign cars...? (but can't domestic ones do basically the same thing?)

These are serious questions, and I think we need to have a 'rational dialogue' about them, despite the triple-A and all its members.

However, another solution would be to pass a law against murdering 58 people. Of course the 'loophole' would be the next guy might only murder 57, or might murder a hundred, so I think the law really needs to just ban ALL murder to be effective.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#18 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Well this may just be crazy, but it makes more sense than anything out so far....

https://youtu.be/fnX-5PI-DJE

Strange synthetic 'voice' narration, but I think the scenario of someone 'gun-running' makes far more sense to explain why he'd bring that many firearms along on a 'mission' (at least in his mind). I also didn't think it was very common for suicide victims to shoot themselves from the front other than in the mouth sometimes.

Reminds me of the guy getting set-up in the movie 'Shooter'....not that this guy was probably a 'good guy' by any means, but I'm thinking there were others involved one way or another.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#19 Post by AJMD429 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm

This is getting easier to believe each day:

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/ ... las-vegas/

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#20 Post by BlaineG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Occam's Razor. :wink:
Except, that security guard, who had no license to be one and not employed by that hotel, was shot several minutes before Paddock or somebody started shooting at the crowd. :idea:

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

#21 Post by vancelw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 pm

BlaineG wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 pm
Occam's Razor. :wink:
That depends entirely on what you think the "simplest" explanation is...

ISIS convert stiking out for a victory....?
Terminal illness, going out with a bang (15 minutes of fame)....?
Rabid anti-gunner's who will stoop to anything to win (too many coincidences here.)....?

I'm not usually into conspiracy theories but the last one is the one I suspect. Or a combination of the last 2.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that he used an AR (the dreaded and hated EBR...useless for anything other than mass murder)
That he used a bumpstock (to show how easy it was to modify an EBR to go full-auto)
That he had a dozen (or 2 or 3 dz, depending on the day's story :roll: ) when he only needed 1.....or two in case 1 jammed.'
That it was a week before a critical vote on National reciprocity and suppressors (we were soooo close)
That the victims were likely to be Trump supporters (to enrage their conservative co-horts, family and friends to finally "Do Something!")
That he chose a scenario where it was unlikely a CHL holder could make a positive distance (That's why he had cameras in the hall, as a CHL would have to get in close to stop him)
He was probably laundering money alright, but probably not for ISIS. Most likely for someone with friends in an alphabet department that could look the other way. (IRS, BATFE)

Don't forget to call/write/email your senators and representative to vote against any further gun restrictions. There are plenty enough they don't enforce that we don't need any more.

Beware of calls for "mental health requirements"....Who will be the judge? The opposing party? Anyone who is not privileged and elite is obviously mentally defective.
People forget so soon that most of the restrictive handgun laws we have slowly been getting rid of (and lowering violent crime rates in the process) were put in place during Reconstruction, to stop rebels and former slaves from having weapons. The non- elites.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#22 Post by BlaineG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 pm

That depends entirely on what you think the "simplest" explanation is..
Throwing out the obvious, I'd say that Antifa has been planning an offensive and perhaps this is it. A bunch of country music lovers would fit Antifa's agenda.