I was genuinely surprised....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I was genuinely surprised....

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I was talking to a well-educated, community-enhancing young lady today, and she commented that she and her husband were stressed due to "....having to endure the most 'divisive' president ever....", and all the bitterness and anger unleashed at "....those of us simply trying to make a living, raise our kids, and contribute positively to our community....."

I was admittedly preoccupied with reviewing some blood tests she had had, her last pap smear results, and her medications, but I somewhat absentmindedly said "....Yeah, it was a rough eight years, but hopefully things will improve...."

To which she replied, "You surely don't think he'll be re-elected for another four years...!?!"

:oops: :o :? :(

I honestly assumed she meant our most recent lecturer-in-chief, the one who classified everyone as to race, gender, age, income, and religion, and 'ranked' us accordingly.

Of course, if I'd not been pre-occupied with her medical issues, I'd have realized that the 'narrative' young women in academia have been fed is that Trump is the root of all evil, and of course she was referring to him as 'divisive'... :roll:

I suppose my surprise is the way some of the (pseudo)liberals feel when they meet gun owners who are doctors, cops, nurses, kindergarten teachers, and other 'nice' people; it just doesn't process at first.

Anyway, all I could say was "Oh, I guess it depends on who you are, as to whether or not you felt more despised by the Obama administration, or by the Trump administration, but personally, I got tired of taking the blame for being a racist (since I'm not black), a killer (since I'm a NRA member), and responsible for the high cost of health care (since I'm a doctor)...."

Judging from the look on her face, I think I may have lost a patient, which is too bad, but if her assessment of 'divisive' is what passes for graduate-school degrees these days, she's going to be in for lots of surprises as the real world shines light on her ignorance. As a doctor, I can fix lots of things, and communicate with people of all educational levels, even including ones who can't read or write, but I can't fix the disease of bigoted 'liberalism'.

(I put 'liberalism' in quotes, because todays iteration of 'liberal' is pretty much the opposite of the original political meaning, which alluded to 'tolerance' and 'intellectual enlightenment' - todays 'liberals' are lacking in basic information about politics, economics, firearms, and history, and are far more prejudiced than the other political classes.)
Image Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: I was genuinely surprised....

#2 Post by BlaineG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 am

I don't have much self-control anymore dealing with Liberals. If they are nasty, they get a Screw-You. :lol:
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

guido4198
Levergunner 3.0

#3 Post by guido4198 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:41 am

A lot of us are feeling RELIEF after 8 yrs of the most divisive racist President in our lifetime.
Glad you had a response to her and yup....you most likely lost a patient.
She's going to be talking to all of her comrades trying to find a new Doctor who can treat her case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by piller » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:11 am

I have lost a friend, a Pharmacist who is also a baptist preacher, over the fact that I refuse to see him as his skin color-and not who he is as a person, and he refuses to see me for who I am instead of what skin color I have. He has only lately started this. I have been using passages from the Bible to show him why I think the way I do, and he-an ordained minister-is becoming angry with me for it. :(
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#5 Post by BlaineG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:42 pm

piller wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:11 am
I have lost a friend, a Pharmacist who is also a baptist preacher, over the fact that I refuse to see him as his skin color-and not who he is as a person, and he refuses to see me for who I am instead of what skin color I have. He has only lately started this. I have been using passages from the Bible to show him why I think the way I do, and he-an ordained minister-is becoming angry with me for it. :(
Life is just too dang short to spend it around people/friends that you have to walk on eggshells to be around. I admit that I try to avoid those people when possible when doing business. A legit complaint or disagreement has the very real possibility of intentionally poor service, and/or the "professional" chimping-out on you...
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by vancelw » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm

The people who say our current president is divisive and a racist have no brains of their own to think with, and have to parrot the phrases the media spews.

I wasn't crazy about him and felt I had no other choice but to vote for him....but the longer he is in office, the more I like him.
Quite a contrast to how I felt about the last figurehead. I disliked him more every day.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#7 Post by BlaineG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

vancelw wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm
The people who say our current president is divisive and a racist have no brains of their own to think with, and have to parrot the phrases the media spews.

I wasn't crazy about him and felt I had no other choice but to vote for him....but the longer he is in office, the more I like him.
Quite a contrast to how I felt about the last figurehead. I disliked him more every day.
Dislike didn't come close for what I felt. He gave the benefit of the doubt to every muslim, thug, crook, and person-of-color over cops and White person every single time. Him and his Reverand G--Dam America Wright. pee on him and his disgusting spouse Moochie.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#8 Post by AJMD429 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm

vancelw wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm
I wasn't crazy about [Trump] and felt I had no other choice but to vote for him....but the longer he is in office, the more I like him.
That's exactly the way I feel.....!!!
Image Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#9 Post by FWiedner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 am

I enjoy speaking to liberals.

If find it extraordinarily amusing to lead them along by the nose, watching them blow up like balloons until they can no longer contain themselves, and then deflating them until them can only flop around like fish that fell out of the fish-bowl.

Great fun mocking them without their ever catching on.

Dumb bastids.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

Ysabel Kid

#10 Post by Ysabel Kid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 am

BlaineG wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 am
I don't have much self-control anymore dealing with Liberals. If they are nasty, they get a Screw-You. :lol:
+1

I have lost all patience with leftists. I used to try to bite my tongue a bit to "get along", especially with friends and family that leaned left, but they have become totally unhinged. As they say, "don't swap spit with a donkey". No point in trying to reason or use logic with these people; they just aren't getting it. I have better things to do with my time...

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#11 Post by jeepnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am

Folks, I have to make one comment.

Trump is not the most divisive president we have ever had.

That honor goes to Abraham Lincoln. During his presidency to United States became embroiled in a civil war that cost hundreds of thousands of lives and almost resulted in the end of the United States as it was known.

Funny, no one seems to remember this little fact. Why? Because the victors of any war write the history. Or as Orwell suggested, rewrite it to fit the current political situation.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"