WTB NH .25-20 Neck Sizer Die

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

WTB NH .25-20 Neck Sizer Die

#1 Post by WinM71 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:35 pm

I'd really like to find a neck sizer die for the .25-20 WCF. No luck at all with searching all the usual places. Please let me know if you have one you'd sell. Thanks.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WTB NH .25-20 Neck Sizer Die

#2 Post by earlmck » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:16 am

For my 25/20 neck size die (no you can't have it!) I bought the RCBS die built for neck size inserts in 7mm BR (a nice short die) then I cut off a chunk from the bottom so it would be short enough for the 25/20 neck to go nearly all the way into the neck insert (a good half inch or a bit more to cut off). Got the .268 neck insert for the 25/20 (and several other inserts for 30/30, 32/20, 257 Savage etc.) so it makes the setup reasonably cost-effective.

If you can't come up with a dedicated 25/20 neck die you may have to try my route. I once owned .256 Win dies which you'd think would work as a 25/20 neck die, but the 256 size die didn't size the 25/20 brass small enough to work. (different brass thicknesses).
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry

WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Re: WTB NH .25-20 Neck Sizer Die

#3 Post by WinM71 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated. I was lucky enough to find one. After much searching, I noticed on the Redding site that they offer the .25-20 neck sizer die, with a list price of $95. I immediately called to ask about ordering one. Their guy was very helpful. He said they don't sell anything direct to the customer; but if I would hold on, he'd see if he could find a dealer with one in stock. After a couple minutes, he said he'd located one in stock at Graf's. I went to their site & got it, on sale for $56. You just don't often see service like the Redding guy provided, and their products are the highest quality.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.