WWII books for sale in WY, 4th batch

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

WWII books for sale in WY, 4th batch

#1 Post by jnyork » Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am

Here's the latest bunch of WWII books from my lifetime collection. All in excellent condition except as noted. All are hardback with dustcovers except as noted. Price is $12.00 each, take any two for $20.00 cash, check or money order, no paypal. Free shipping.

.1. BLOODY BUNA, Lida Mayo, Doubleday & Co, 1974, 195 pages, ex lib. History of the grueling WWII campaign in New Guinea that twarted the Japanese invasion of Australia.

2. TO THE MARIANAS, Edwin P. Hoyt, Litton Publishing, 1980, book club edition. 277 pages. History of the US Navy' first great amphibious operation in the Pacific and the drive northward to capture the Marshall and Mariana Island.

3. McCAMPBELL'S HEROS. Edwin P. Hoyt. Van Norsland publishers, 1983. 227 pages, book club edition. The story of the US Navy's most celebrated carrier fighters of the Pacific War. ,

4, MIRACLE AT MIDWAY. Gordon W. Prange, McGraw-Hill publishers, 1982. 464 pages, ex lib. The great battle between the US Navy and the naval forces of Admiral Yamamoto , the turning point for dominance of the seas in the Pacific. Damage to cover with the usual library stickers, book in good shape.

5.SOLD ALL THE DROWNED SAILORS. Raymond B. Lech, Stein and Day publishers. 230 pages, book club edition, well illustrated. The cover-up of America's greatest wartime disaster at sea, the sinking of the INDIANAPOLIS with the loss of 880 lives.
Last edited by jnyork on Sat May 11, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: WWII books for sale in WY, 4th batch

#2 Post by AJMD429 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:57 pm

I'll take #5....

You're killing me with these book sales.....I'm like a moth to a flame with women, guns, and books....

Only one woman in my life, ever, and 'enough' guns, but I haven't found the skill to turn down.....books.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WWII books for sale in WY, 4th batch

#3 Post by jnyork » Sat May 11, 2019 9:58 am

At 78, alas, I'm down to just books and guns. :lol:

PM sent.