Winchester returning to production?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester returning to production?

Post by JohnnyReb »

Disclaimer: Poster has no personal knowledge; is not affliated with Winchester Repeating Arms and assumes no responsibility for any injury caused by increased heartbeat, blood pressure or other physical response to this message (shall also include any drinking, partying or celebratory exercise of any kind).

I went to a local gunshop on Friday and inquired about any leads the owner may have on Win 92 or 94 in 16" barrels. HE told me to be patient........he was talking to a supplier who told HIM that winchester(or someone on their behalf) was encouraged by the prices demanded for Puma 92's etc. and that a levergun was in the making.
The supplier had gone as far as to publish a dealer agreement for the shop owner to review.
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
MikeNV
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MikeNV »

I also heard that Winchester 94's and 70's will be made again in the FN factory in South Carolina (?) .
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Only reason I gave it enough credibility to repeat on this site is that the gunshop owner is discouraging me from buying used Winchesters at the marked up prices. If he did not believe it, then why would he forestall my business with him?
Let you know if I hear more.
JR
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Like most rumors, especially gunshop lore, I will believe it when I see it. Good intentions aside, gun shops are not usually known for accurate information.
foureyedfloyd
Levergunner

Post by foureyedfloyd »

CraigC wrote:Like most rumors, especially gunshop lore, I will believe it when I see it. Good intentions aside, gun shops are not usually known for accurate information.
Nor are forums! :shock:
Four Eyed Floyd
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Here we go again! :D :wink:
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

8)

A M92 would be good. So would one of those M94s in 38-55.

Take downs will have my attention too....
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Sgt443
Levergunner

Post by Sgt443 »

My local shop owner, in Apache Jct. told me pretty much the same as MikeNV heard.

Hope springs eternal.

Lonnie
If I am a student of the Human Condition does that make everyone I meet a lab rat?