OT - When life was in black & white...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - When life was in black & white...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry guys - I was saving up a few of these. I know - too many "OT" posts, but these are cool.

This will bring a smile to almost everyone's face...

http://objflicks.com/WhenLifewasInBlack&White.htm
Longfin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Longfin »

That was good and so true. Maybe is was all just a fantasy that life was so good back then, but it was wholesome entertainment with positive lessons taught. It is satisfying to see my own grown kids watching TVLand channel and those old shows. My olderst daughter gave me the first season of Rawhide and then I bought the second season. The wife and I have really enjoyed Gill, Rowdy, and the rest of the crew. Sad when I think that all the horses, cows and most of the people are no longer with us.
Zack
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

All those were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time, but I grew up watching them in reruns.
When money was tight a few years ago we cut out the cable. Its been over 4years now and although we could now afford it we never did get it back. I won't let my kids even watch the commercials on T.V. anymore let alone the shows.
We use netflix and my in-laws extensive movie collection. So in that regard its more the 50-60's on my t.v.
For this weekend we are showing Popeye in blackwhite, Shirley Temple, and Rio Bravo. All are welcome we have plenty of soda pop and popcorn. :D
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Hail, I can well remember ALL of those tunes, commercials and programs, and I'm only 61. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I remember about 98% of them. But some were out when I was still in diapers.

I'll have to watch it again with the sound on. (Wife was asleep)

For some reason after watching these my eyes started leaking. Must be some dust in the air.

It made me feel like I wanted to go home. I think ... home ... is a time more than a place. You can always go back to a place, but, it's not the same.

Thanks for posting this link.

J :cry: e
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Ya know I don't feel that old until someone does something like this. Lot's of memories, good memories.
Old Law Dawg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks, enjoyed that!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I haven't felt this old in a long time. Some of those were before my time but I still remember most of them, it just reminds me of a much simpler time which I long for more and more each day but seem to be moving further and further away from. I feel fortunate to have lived during the final days of that era before things began to get crazy and young boys could still have hero's like Matt Dillon and Rowdy Yates. Roy Rogers, Sea Hunt, Palidin and Sky King were my favorites. Nothing was cooler than when Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) would strap on that three tank scuba gear and head-off to fight the bad guys! One or two tanks was okay but three tanks?!? Man, now that was cool!
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Isn't it odd how we look at things? Seeing many of those scenes for the first time in so many years did not make me feel old. Instead, it brought back the time of my youth; the time in which they were initially on the TV. Revisiting that time of long ago was a pleasant trip - and some of those shows still show up on my TV through the wonders of DVD's.
Can't literally go back to then and stay, but the visits are sure nice. Thanks for the voyage!
PPpastordon
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

I like that
thanks Ysabel Kid
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My folks got our first (and onlyest) TV about 1951, and I can remember watching Uncle Miltie (Milton Berle), Howdy Doodie, and a few years later, Hopalong Cassidy. Most stations (We lived in New York City) went off the air in the evening & fired up again in the morning - the famous "test pattern" was displayed while down.

Before we got a TV, all we had was radio - where my fav's were the Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Gangbusters, The Shadow(knows), and the Green Hornet.

Much later, on TV, came Paladin - Whoa ! :roll:
Last edited by Pete44ru on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The wife was watching Leave it to Beaver on the marathon yesterday. Jerry Mathers shoots at our local range in Saugus.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

Looks like they left out the Andy Griffith show.
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

kirkwood wrote:Looks like they left out the Andy Griffith show.

I think everybody would like to live in Mayberry! :D
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

With fear & trepidation I must admit I saw ALL of these in their FIRST runs. Ysabel, how the heck did you know how old I was!!! That was great TV, for sure! But, I have a criticism..........I didn't much like Bob Culp in "Trackdown", as Hobie Gillman, with his breaktop S&W. When he walked, he wiggled his butt like a young girl teasing boys. However, one of the episodes introduced Steve McQueen's character Josh Randall for the new series, "Wanted...Dead or Alive!" I liked THAT!!! Thanx for the memories! jd45
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks YK, we got to see a lot of American TV shows over here, especially the westerns and cop shows!

I wish there was a "Fifties Channel" now.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Old Savage wrote:The wife was watching Leave it to Beaver on the marathon yesterday. Jerry Mathers shoots at our local range in Saugus.
Very cool. I have Ken Osmond's (Edward 'Eddie' Haskell) signature. I was working part-time after school at a clothing store in Salinas, CA and he came in to get some civilian clothes. He was gong through basic training at Fort Ord. He retired from LAPD (Central Traffic Division) after 18 years and managed to get shot three times in the line of duty while an LA cop. :shock:

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

The wife was watching Leave it to Beaver on the marathon yesterday. Jerry Mathers shoots at our local range in Saugus
Hey, I heard he was killed in Vietnam...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BruceB wrote:
kirkwood wrote:Looks like they left out the Andy Griffith show.

I think everybody would like to live in Mayberry! :D
Yance does! (or he did, he hasn't moved, has he Tycer?) Hey Yance...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

old T.V.

Post by big bear »

No Jet Jackson!!! :(