Had to shoot a rogue water buffalo that was misbehavin'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Had to shoot a rogue water buffalo that was misbehavin'

Post by 86er »

This ornery beast rammed the truck as we drove slowly by. We went to look for him later and he turned over an ATV. Well, he had to go. I shot 'em at around 45 yards with a 405gr Kodiak Bullet @ 2000 fps. It hit the shoulder and exited the off side with a hole about 3/4" round. 1380 pounds of hamburger. A lot of BBQ'in this summer!

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

HOPE nobody was on the ATV! You look so sad about this event. Were we wantin' some hamburger? Maybe just a little bit! :shock:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ahhhh, poor buffalo. He was just funnin ya.

Joe
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

What's the hombre in the middle carryin'? That "mannlicher" stock has my curiosity piqued.

scott
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

That one of our customers with a Man from 1958 in 30-06. He was the unfortunate recipient of the impact when the brute smashed the passenger door of the truck in. The customer shot a hybrid ram and a 4-horned sheep with that gun and it performed perfectly.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Was this in Texas? How much for a US Water Buff hunt nowadays? I saw a show hunting Water Buffs in Florida, the habitat looked perfect with a alot of wetlands i'm guessing close to the Everglades. Hawaii used to have some wild Water Buffs but they got erradicated around 1900. Plenty wild Vancouver Bulls on Big Island though.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Cool post and pic -- thanks very much for sharing!! What's the story on the rifle used on the buffalo? It looks great! Also, what was the bull's reaction when hit -- did it remain operational for very long?

Thanks,
John
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Thanks for the comments. The rifle was my 1886 repro. The bull dropped - done. I only hunt a few off the ranch and depending on the animals age they are usually $1500 -$2000 total hunt.