OT - Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

Post by don Tomás »

Article & link below. It's a good read...

"...Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us..."

I think ol' Ted is right on...
Tom

WARNING: if you have the stomach for it, CNN also had an opposing view by some idiot named Tom Plate, titled:

Let's lay down our right to bear arms
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commen ... index.html

"...So let's just disregard all the hoopla about the race of the student responsible for the slayings. These students were not killed by a Korean, they were killed by a 9 mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun..."

I warned you - keep an air sickness bag close by...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commen ... index.html
POSTED: 9:51 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2007
By Ted Nugent
Special to CNN

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

Read an opposing take on gun control from journalist Tom Plate: Let's lay down our right to bear arms

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, ol' Ted is correct. He may be a little 'out there' for my taste in music, but I think he's got the lay of the land down pat. If we don't make the gun grabbers recognize that their "gun free zones" haven't been working, as the gun grabbers aren't in their "gun free zones" when they're needed!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Gun free zones should really be called "killing zones", as the nut cases know there wont be any resistance to their crazy plans. How many times have you heard of a nut case going into a gun shop and shooting it up? They don't because they know what MIGHT happen.
It's the fear of what might happen that's the big deterrant, just as it's the confidence that nothing will happen in the gun free zones that encourages them to go through with their plan.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Eloquently said! .... and I like Marlinmann's suggestion that 'gun free zones' be called 'killing zones'.
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

Leave it to Uncle Ted to tell it like it is.
Long live Uncle Ted, and our Second Amendment!!!!!

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep that about says it all. Unfortunatly the sheep are the majority and stupid things like gun free zones will continue unless we stand firm and make our votes and voices count.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

This morning on one of the Country radio stations here, the DJ, who is one of the higher paid in the Twin City area was talking about the Virginia Tech shootings, and had a voice clip of Sarah Brady speaking.
I e-mailed the station on this, and just received an e-mail from the owner of the station.
He told me that he didn't here the spot that I was talking about, but as an avid hunter and shooter, he wasn't going to have that kind of stuff on his radio station, and would have a talk to the highly paid radio host that put it on.
He also agreed with my suggestion of try to get some audio clips of Uncle Ted talking about this instead.
I think that the gun owners of America have had their belly full of the Sarah Bradys of the world and are opening their windows like in the movie Network and shouting"I've had enough, and I'm not going to take it anymore"

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

This morning on one of the Country radio stations here, the DJ, who is one of the higher paid in the Twin City area was talking about the Virginia Tech shootings, and had a voice clip of Sarah Brady speaking.
I e-mailed the station on this, and just received an e-mail from the owner of the station.
He told me that he didn't here the spot that I was talking about, but as an avid hunter and shooter, he wasn't going to have that kind of stuff on his radio station, and would have a talk to the highly paid radio host that put it on.
He also agreed with my suggestion of try to get some audio clips of Uncle Ted talking about this instead.
I think that the gun owners of America have had their belly full of the Sarah Brady's of the world and are opening their windows like in the movie Network and shouting"I've had enough, and I'm not going to take it anymore"

Eric :evil:
God Bless Our Troops!!!
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

What we really need is to make everywhere a "lemming-free" zone.

At VT, it was nutjob vs. 26,000 people. A handful (or more) of motivated individuals, even those deprived of their right to properly arm themselves, should've been able to rush that whack-o and physically take him down. One, maybe two, people would have been shot (hopefully the nutjob).

As a culture, we need to re-awaken that possibility in our minds. Technology and progress have continually distanced or thinking from and stifled our instinct for good ol' up-close-and-personal physical "business."

Oh, and one more thing: locks on classroom doors may be a good idea. No university I've ever attended had such. I think it's time to at least harden the targets to that small degree.

scott
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

You are right Scott.

When I went to school, If you were hit by someone, you were expected to defend yourself.
Now days in school, if a kid defends himself, HE is considered as guilty as the person doing the original hit.
A kid might even be sent to psych counseling.
This generation of kids, not by their own fault, have been indoctrinated to NOT defend themselves, thus 32 dead at Virginia Tech, instead of just a few.

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Yep, when it's come to the point that we've short-circuited people's desire for self-preservation we've basically written our own society's death sentence. Simply unbelievable.

scott
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

protection

Post by joachim slim »

i worked as a custodian for a number of yrs at a middle school here in missouri. after Columbine they installed dead bolts on all the class room doors. that was a good idea except they used small dead bolts and screws. i asked them what would happen if (as i did) the intruder walked up to the door and jerked real hard and the bolt come lose? they replace them all with very large dead bolts. as in most schools the walls are only plaster board. they practiced by haveing an intruder alert. the teacher would dash over, bolt the door, students would turn over their desk and hide behind them. i myself always had a gun in my truck just in case. i couldnt take it in the building but every custodial closet had a knive stashed in it, liguid toilet bowl cleaner, a baseball bat and other useful items. if the media would villainize and show these people for the criminals and psychos that they are it would be better for all. i refuse to be a statistic.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I went to see our Uncle Theodore perform last night at the South Dakota State Fair. The crowd ranged from 15 to 70 and he ripped through 2 solid hours of Gonzo Rock & Roll. He put on a great show and had the audience really jumping in the seats till the end. Said he has one more show in Denver then it's to the hunting fields for him. The wife and I loved it.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Ted's theory is as simple as posting the PROTECTED BY XXX sign on your lawn, you know the one the alarm company gives you with your service. Crooks prefer to target the homes without the alarm company sign because there is less chance of resistance, interferrence or being caught. Gun free zones are the homes without the sign. Imagine a sign that said, "Warning -Many Persons Using This Area Are Armed With Guns".
I would prefer to shop, hang-out and go to school there.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Instead of "killing zone," how about "victim zone"? That way we can be positive about our "victim-free zone," or "no-victim zone," yet be darned accurate about what you are in a gun-free zone.

How would those lefties feel if they knew they lived in a posted "victim zone"?

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942