Something for the next generation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

Something for the next generation

Post by 1886 »

Picked this up for the nubbins. It is a Marlin 94 .357. Our passion depends upon the next generation. Keep' em shootin. 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep, that's why I started mine off early!!!

Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

He looks like you. Good looking young one. Way to go Kid. 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1886 wrote:He looks like you.
No need insulting the boy, 1886! I feel sorry for him - he is a splitting image of me!!!

Here's a few more:

Concentration in action:

My daughter's first try:

Shooting buddies:

Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

My oldest boy started out with a Marlin .22 Mag. It was not as fancy as that one though. 1886.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Great looking little carbine,looks just like the one my grandson bought. Older model with no lawyer safety mess. I know they will enjoy it for years to come.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1886 wrote:My oldest boy started out with a Marlin .22 Mag. It was not as fancy as that one though. 1886.
Marlin was kind enough to give me a factory second stock that I cut down to fit him when he was 5. Not having any money into it, I added the black-powder furniture (brass butt-plate, trigger guard, and patch-box). My son saw a picture of an Indian trade rifle in one of my books, and asked me to decorate this rifle - his first - that way. He has outgrown it size-wise, but loves the rifle so much he won't give it up! :D
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Mine's not quite there yet. :D

Ysabel Kid that is a nice looking rifle, could you tell us what it is and how it got so decorated.

EDIT: Oh....you answered it. :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Congrats on the sensational kids to all of you..it doesn't get any better than that!
The pics are priceless...and so is the training given by caring dads & moms.
To the future..hear, hear!

LeverBob
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I really LIKE the looks of that little Marlin!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I right there with you!

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

My youngun hasn't fired a gun yet, but she's getting ready. Loves to resize cases.

bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

Great pics of a bunch of fine - looking kids. TedH's picture of the reloading operation reminds me of when my son & daughter were small.

Thanks for sharing.
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

:lol: My daughter turned into a girly-girl about the age of 18-19.........She'd prolly go shoot with me and she love's the meat, but it would be a no-show for hunting nowadays.......She won't go hunt with her husband, either (which, I explained to him, is not an all bad thing sometimes :D )
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote::lol: My daughter turned into a girly-girl about the age of 18-19.........She'd prolly go shoot with me and she love's the meat, but it would be a no-show for hunting nowadays.......She won't go hunt with her husband, either (which, I explained to him, is not an all bad thing sometimes :D )
Tubby - I remember the pictures you posted of your daughters wedding. If I was married to her, and she didn't want to hunt, I think I'd have to give up hunting! She's a cutie!

I think I'm going to have to start digging a moat around the house next year. My daughter is only 5, but I want to be prepared early for when she THINKS she's going to start dating! :shock:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Moats don't work. Neither do shotguns. I'll have new pics of the grandkids tomorrow... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Kids are awesome!

They help my firearm addiction alot. :D I need at least 2 of everything so theres no troubles once I croak see. :wink:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

What a great thread with great pictures.

Treasure those towheads because sooner than you can believe they'll be long gone and you'll be flipping thru the pictures and chatting with them online.

All the best to America's future..,

Grizz
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I guess my kids would rather shoot fresh cowpies than prairie dogs. Oh well, they had fun.

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, all, for the photos of the next generation carrying on the tradition. I especially liked the surprise photo of Ted H's little sweetie learning how to reload! All is not lost, yet.
paulyseggs
Levergunner

Post by paulyseggs »

Dang, you guys are makin me wanna have some kids.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The next generation, and the one after that, are going to be the ones deciding our gun rights, so we all need to be teaching as many as possible - not just our own - the joys of shooting, the true facts and proper place of our Second Amendment liberties, and the history of our freedom overall. Every youngster that doesn't take up his father's (and/or mother's) love of shooting is another victory for the left...
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Great pictures and great stories. I am glad to see this post generated so much interest. The gun you all saw in the original post is a nice little Marlin 1894 in .357. It had some condition issues. Nothing too bad but I would have cared for it better if it were mine. It looked like it got caught in the rain several times. The rust was superficial so no biggie but the guts were bad. Weeds, seeds, powder fouling, etc. The bore was good though. I have her stripped down now ready for refinishing. I will post some after pictures. Keep the kids involved. 1886.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great post. Always important to get kids interested in safe and proper firearm fun. They must see so much bad gun handling on TV and video games. Even a couple of hours in the back yard with a BB gun can teach a youngster so much about shooting that they may want to continue with the sport for life. :)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Got the little 1894 refinished. It came out great. Now if I could just find the darn camera. 1886.