Learning respect for guns and life in general .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Learning respect for guns and life in general .

Post by Dusty Texian »

Growing up in Texas on the edge of a Bayou was my backyard . Brother and I could jump on one of our horses bareback grab ahold of some mane and take off . We worried Mom to death Lol. One thing she or Dad never worried about was us using our guns in an unsafe way . Sure they worried about us getting stomped , cottonmouth bit or whatever but they knew we were taught the use of our ever present guns safely . Raising both my girls was a bit different but they both enjoyed shooting and hunting at an early age . They have each given us wonderful Grandchildren . Although my Son in law's were not raised in a hunting family , they have been very supportive of me passing along what I was taught and have learned . All five two girls and three boys have been taught the safe and proper use of firearms and how to hunt and respect the land and wildlife . Teaching them this has been one of life's greatest pleasures . I also feel it is my obligation and duty . I wish more children could have this kind of upbringing , I honestly think the world would be a better place for it . And I hope most would agree . One thing I will never worry about is any of them using a firearm in the wrong way on purpose . I could post many many photographs of the Grandchildren and their game taken but think just one for example is good . Our oldest Grandson Brylen several years ago rabbit hunting with the 1892 Marlin in.32 LC . Brylen is know in the family as THE Rabbit Hunter , he started hunting them at age 6 yr. old .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Learning respect for guns and life in general .

Post by 2ndovc »

Great picture!

It's certainly a different world these days. I grew up on Lake Erie and instead of hoping on a horse, I would be out on my boat, or a friend's all day, swimming, sailing, fishing or whatever. It made my mother crazy, but my dad, and the other dads in the neighborhood taught us well and knew we would be fine.

Our little granddaughter isn't quite 2 yet, but I'm am very much looking forward to spending some outdoor time with her. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...Teaching them this has been one of life's greatest pleasures . I also feel it is my obligation and duty . I wish more children could have this kind of upbringing , I honestly think the world would be a better place for it ..."

ABSOLUTELY...!

FAR too many of our baby-boomer brothers and sisters failed to raise even their own kids to be responsible stewards of the land, and responsible, knowledgeable, gun owners ... then they wonder why their grandkids are all messed up ... It is truly sad, and is a huge part of the reason we are losing our nation.

Thankfully some are doing as you have; making SURE the kids and grandkids are taught about the REAL world, our land, our nation's history, and the vital role firearms play in keeping the streets safe and the society stable.

You are not only teaching your grandkids, but your son-in-laws, and indirectly, influencing their families. 8) 8)

If enough of us do that, there is hope for a bright future.

IF...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 am .
"...Teaching them this has been one of life's greatest pleasures . I also feel it is my obligation and duty . I wish more children could have this kind of upbringing , I honestly think the world would be a better place for it ..."

ABSOLUTELY...!

FAR too many of our baby-boomer brothers and sisters failed to raise even their own kids to be responsible stewards of the land, and responsible, knowledgeable, gun owners ... then they wonder why their grandkids are all messed up ... It is truly sad, and is a huge part of the reason we are losing our nation.

Thankfully some are doing as you have; making SURE the kids and grandkids are taught about the REAL world, our land, our nation's history, and the vital role firearms play in keeping the streets safe and the society stable.

You are not only teaching your grandkids, but your son-in-laws, and indirectly, influencing their families. 8) 8)

If enough of us do that, there is hope for a bright future.

IF...
Very well said !
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

8) :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I agree, teaching kids to be safe and responsible around firearms also teaches them respect for the world around them and how to behave as a decent adult in society. A lot of kids I see that do have problems usually have material orientated or just dumb and lazy parents.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

You hit the nail on the head gamekeeper , and the stats confirm this .