Two weeks in the hospital

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Two weeks in the hospital

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Four days of which were in the ICU. I am so grateful that we still have caring young people working so hard to keep folks alive and well.

This younger generation may have some mental issues and pink hair (warning sign) but I didn't see anything but fine young men and women working hard to keep my wife happy and to bring her back from a bad place.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Two weeks in the hospital

Post by Sarge »

God bless you folks & prayers up for you both.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Prayers UP of thanksgiving for all concerned in the team effort, and for healing . . .
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Get well!
Rumble.com/ hickock45
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Most of them are pretty amazing people doing things that a lot of us wouldn't do. The ICU men and woman are a different bunch all together. I spent five weeks in one in '15 and each one of them just wanted me to recover and be ok. Still have the birthday card they made me.

Again, best wishes for you and your wife. It take a toll on both.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I spent a week in the stroke ward of U. T. Southwestern in Dallas in March. They kept trying to prove that my TIAs and finally the big stroke were caused by a non-existent A-Fib, but the Cardiologist finally exhausted all possible causes except for blood clots caused by the Covid vaccine being the cause of the strokes. When all possible causes have been eliminated, the one remaining must be the actual cause.
The Nurses were awesome. The P. A.s were a bit unpleasant. The Psychiatrists who came to make sure my mental acuity had not been affected were quick to give me a clean bill of health. My eidetic memory has been affected somewhat, but that is all. My balance and grip strength only suffered during the TIAs/Stroke.

The MDs and RNs were great. Couldn't ask for better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers up for complete healing for your wife.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Prayers for all concerned.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Scott, glad to hear your wife is out of danger and hope she is healing fast -- and your burdened heart, too.
When I hear folks speaking negatively of the younger generation, I pay very little attention, as I have the very great privilege of rubbing shoulders and working with members of the Air Force at Holloman AFB and young Army men and women from Fort Bliss. The republic is in good hands! Now as to the old folks running the Congress and White House I am less hopeful ... :lol:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:53 pm Scott, glad to hear your wife is out of danger and hope she is healing fast -- and your burdened heart, too.
When I hear folks speaking negatively of the younger generation, I pay very little attention, as I have the very great privilege of rubbing shoulders and working with members of the Air Force at Holloman AFB and young Army men and women from Fort Bliss. The republic is in good hands! Now as to the old folks running the Congress and White House I am less hopeful ... :lol:
You have a good point there. I think we need to run them all off and start over.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers for a speedy recovery, and a big thank you for all the dedicated medical staff.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

This generation of young folk is going to do it as tough as any generation since the 50's( and hopefully not the 30's) I have a lot of respect for the people they are going to become.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers up Scott. I hope she makes a full recovery a can set back into managing you and the homestead properly. 😃
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

It is easy to focus on the folks who are trying to bring attention to themselves and think about how things are going to hell.

But I gotta tell you, I saw some wonderful serious young people who have no time for such things. So this was a great affirmation that we still have a crop of great young people despite all the pink hair and noise.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to hear your wife is on the mend. Hope she has a speedy recovery and is back to normal soon.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up for Your Wife's complete recovery.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up Scott. I hope your wife is improving!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hi Scott, just saw this thread. I wish the best for you and you lovely wife of many years. I am humbled by the threads here. I wish and pray for you both the best! -Andy Tuttle
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:16 pm
Bill in Oregon" wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:53 pmScott, glad to hear your wife is out of danger and hope she is healing fast -- and your burdened heart, too.
You have a good point there. I think we need to run them all off and start over.
Yep, I've said for years I need to be King for about a week... 1st official act would be offer to accept all governmental resignations immediately for both elected officials and civil servants alike. When they were slow to begin... executions would commence on day 3. I feel confident elections could be held on day 8... Civil servant positions could remain unfilled.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Griff, there are a few things we need to have civil servants for. Police, firefighters, sanitation, and a few other positions are pretty important. Polite negotiations should fix those needs. I will stop before I drift the thread into politics.
D. Brian Casady
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers for my lovely wife. This is part of the progression of her liver disease and it won't get better until she has a transplant.

This has caused a change of plans for me though. I won't make it to the Shootists Holiday this year and I will really miss seeing everyone again. I need to stay closer to home and to her. But this is not a bad thing...its where I belong.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Dandelion root capsules are reputed to help the liver. You may want to look up their effects to see if they might help slow down the progression for her. Sometimes natural products can help.
D. Brian Casady
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The 'bad' ones always get the publicity, in any group; the others are too busy just doing the right thing and living their lives.

There are wonderfully dedicated healthcare workers, and so many are just the grunt workers, doing seemingly minor things, yet things that are VITAL for the patients complete care.

There are some real self-centered and arrogant and lazy healthcare workers too, sadly, but more of them are MD's versus the nurses and technicians. I'm not proud of my profession these days, and I think CoVid made the division even more clear. Thankfully there are still some EXCELLENT physicians out there too, but some make me angry the awful way they treat my patients.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I've been feeling the effects of stress lately. My doctor recommended Ashwagandha (2100mg in the evenings). I made him pronounce it a couple of times cause I kept hearing "ganga" in there. I then asked "do you want me to smoke that stuff?" We all had a good laugh.

I started on it yesterday and will report how this goes.

I'm glad he didn't first reach for a prescription pad.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:02 pm I've been feeling the effects of stress lately. My doctor recommended Ashwagandha (2100mg in the evenings). I made him pronounce it a couple of times cause I kept hearing "ganga" in there. I then asked "do you want me to smoke that stuff?" We all had a good laugh.

I started on it yesterday and will report how this goes.

I'm glad he didn't first reach for a prescription pad.
Scott, I'm looking forward to your report. Happy they didn't go immediately to the prescription pad as well!