what's Marlin done with the 1894 in .41 Mag?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

what's Marlin done with the 1894 in .41 Mag?

Post by brucew44guns »

Old CbinNH showed us his Marlin 1894 in .41 mag along with that nice Blackhawk just recently, got me to yearning for a 1894 FG .41 Mag myself. What am I missing here?, can't find one on Gunbroker, and Marlins web page has no mention of them. Has the gun been mothballed or what? Maybe Marlin stopped offering it.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Re: what's Marlin done with the 1894 in .41 Mag?

Post by Jayhawker »

Marlin doesn't keep the 41 in their regular lineup. Rather they tend to bring out a model every 4-5 years or so, which then tends to sell out quickly from my experience. It's just one of those chamberings that you have to snag when you come across it and not worry too much about the price.
Well done is better than well said.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

There is one listed in the local classified paper this week. NIB 1894FG .41 Mag $450. 509-280-5979 Spokane WA
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Hi Bruce,
My FG has become a favorite range companion. It did have some issues when I first got it: http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... f=1&t=6663
Marlin made good on it. http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 82b#p88314
It does not feed SWC's reliably, but I can live with that. Standard jacketed feed fine. Here is one just listed on gunbroker, I don't know the seller:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =104566626
Chris
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

After reading Chris's May post of the troubles he has had, Hobies comments and Leverdudes remarks on the .41, I may well just be satisfied with a 45 Colt chambering, allready have a .44, just leave it at that. I'm not a gunsnmith, and don't need troublesome problems with chambering rounds. Thanks for all your input, Bruce
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life